JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   General Discussion changes (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/22511-general-discussion-changes.html)

MMM 01-18-2009 03:03 AM

General Discussion changes

After reading the discussions about JF opinions we changed the scope of the General Discussion area.

See new rules below:

4.5 General Discussion is for threads that don't fit into any of the other categories. HOWEVER that does not mean that any topic is appropriate for General Discussion. Along with following the above rules, General Discussion threads should be
1) Relevant and inclusive to a majority of JF users
and/or
2) Timely and current (i.e. related to upcoming holidays, news or events).
and/or
3) Japan/Asia related

Keaton421 01-18-2009 08:17 PM

Jolly good, sir!

Maybe y'all could change the board's title to reflect the changes, that way new members won't say "Hey, general discussion, how about a word game!". Might save y'all and us a headache hehe

XDemianu27X 01-18-2009 09:37 PM

Off topic forum maybe?

minimin 01-18-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDemianu27X (Post 666127)
Off topic forum maybe?

If they did this then it would be as the problem exist again, people who want to quickly up there post count. It seems as thats why they fixed the GS in the first place.

MMM 01-18-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimin (Post 666130)
If they did this then it would be as the problem exist again, people who want to quickly up there post count. It seems as thats why they fixed the GS in the first place.

You can do whatever you want in the Off Topic section, but just know it will be cleaned out weekly.

MMM 01-18-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 666094)
Jolly good, sir!

Maybe y'all could change the board's title to reflect the changes, that way new members won't say "Hey, general discussion, how about a word game!". Might save y'all and us a headache hehe

We'd need an admin to do that, but it's a good idea.

Ramboo 07-26-2010 10:14 AM

off topic

hey off topic forum is the best way to change your general discussion

Matthewop 10-20-2010 08:32 AM

off topic I think..

KungMartin 10-20-2010 08:40 AM

i think i get how general discussion section works now !!

dogsbody70 11-15-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 665766)
After reading the discussions about JF opinions we changed the scope of the General Discussion area.

See new rules below:

4.5 General Discussion is for threads that don't fit into any of the other categories. HOWEVER that does not mean that any topic is appropriate for General Discussion. Along with following the above rules, General Discussion threads should be
1) Relevant and inclusive to a majority of JF users
and/or
2) Timely and current (i.e. related to upcoming holidays, news or events).
and/or
3) Japan/Asia related

only Japan or Asia connnected.? WHY when there are the specific discussion threads pertaining to JAPAN.
#
There seems to be international membership on this popular forum. Is it to make life easier for the MODS--?

There is a limit to what one can talk about Japan-- after all there seems to be no history section-- why Not?

It is good to meet members from around the world a great opportunity also to get to know and understand life in other countries as well as Japan.