JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Orchestral Music. (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/22536-orchestral-music.html)

Salvanas 01-19-2009 01:32 AM

Orchestral Music.

I've been buying and downloading albums from various movie and game soundtracks, and I've noticed that I have a few... different types of songs that give a different feeling each time.

Seeing as they made by using an orchestra, it's what I love about it. It sends tingles up my spine, and I just imagine the surroundings around me.

So, do you have any sort of songs, that give you different feelings? Like an eerie, or epic feeling?

And note: Please, keep this void of rock, pop , jazz type of music. Only orchestral.

xYinniex 01-19-2009 01:45 AM

like instrumentals?
Yeaah i get that, but i wouldn't really call it classical.

I find drama instrumentals are really soothing,
i really really LOVE yiruma's music. his piano playing is so so soothing. my body just relaxes after hearing it

Salvanas 01-19-2009 01:49 AM

You could say that. I was thinking of more... orchestral type. Like in movies. Like Lord of the rings, Jurassic Park etc. etc.

Uriko 01-19-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 666214)
You could say that. I was thinking of more... orchestral type. Like in movies. Like Lord of the rings, Jurassic Park etc. etc.

that's not "classical" then :rolleyes:

Salvanas 01-19-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uriko (Post 666215)
that's not "classical" then :rolleyes:

Alright. It's not. Orchestral. Apologies for my mix of words. :rolleyes:

Now, got anything to say on the topic now?

Uriko 01-19-2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 666220)

Alright. It's not. Orchestral. Apologies for my mix of words. :rolleyes:

Now, got anything to say on the topic now?

yes. i hate movie music.

Final Fantasy, on the other hand, stirs within me feelings of epicstaticness.

Salvanas 01-19-2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uriko (Post 666224)
yes. i hate movie music.

Final Fantasy, on the other hand, stirs within me feelings of epicstaticness.

Which ones?

And I personally.. don't know. I find most movie music amazing.

I'll find my most fav orchestral music now.

For one of pure epicness, and adding a chill to the atmosphere, it definitely has to be the WoW Wrath of the Lich King Main title: YouTube - World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Lich King main title

However, for spine chilling music: YouTube - Wrath of the Lich King Soundtrack: Dragon's Rest .

A hint: Turn up your volume to VERY LOUD to get the full feeling.

Excessum 01-19-2009 02:12 AM

A lot of work by Vangelis, Mike Oldfield, J. M. Jarre, Michael Nyman and other New Age composers.

As for Classical music... I don't really listen to it much, but when I do, J.S. Bach is my top pick, if i am looking for the epic-ness =)

Kyousuke 01-19-2009 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 666202)
I've been buying and downloading albums from various movie and game soundtracks, and I've noticed that I have a few... different types of songs that give a different feeling each time.

Seeing as they made by using an orchestra, it's what I love about it. It sends tingles up my spine, and I just imagine the surroundings around me.

So, do you have any sort of songs, that give you different feelings? Like an eerie, or epic feeling?

And note: Please, keep this void of rock, pop , jazz type of music. Only orchestral.

The Soundtrack to the movie "Collateral" love the song by Saliva on it.cant think of the name right now.

ivi0nk3y 01-19-2009 02:43 AM

Final Fantasy music, whether it is orchestrated or not, is epic.
I love the music in Miyazaki movies. The soundtrack to his stuff is awesome especially to Spirited Away.
Movies always have great orchestrated music. Recently though, (even though its old news now) the music for the trailer of Star Craft 2 is exciting to say the least.
From Star Trek to Gladiator, Law & Order to Angel, I love it all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyousuke (Post 666240)
The Soundtrack to the movie "Collateral" love the song by Saliva on it.cant think of the name right now.

I thought that movie wasn't that great but it had some good music. Especially with the scene when Jamie Foxx loses it while driving and they put on Audioslave - Shadows On The Sun.