LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-20-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Lol don't mean any offense but.. don't you think its a bit melodramatic that she was crying?
Sure its "historical" but I dunno.. I associate tears of joy, (from women) with having a baby or getting out of a war zone alive by the skin of your teeth.
Maybe i'm a bit out of touch with the scope of peoples emotions though.
lol I admit that it seems a BIT melodramatic but I can understand her feeling.I called my mum few min. after the speech and she was cryin' too. U know they both grew up with racism or segregation (my step mother is white)So I can understand the fact that they are so touched by that..Personaly I grew up with black,white,asian,etc..so it seems more "normal" for me..im just happy for him and hope he'll made a good job

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-20-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Lol don't mean any offense but.. don't you think its a bit melodramatic that she was crying?
Sure its "historical" but I dunno.. I associate tears of joy, (from women) with having a baby or getting out of a war zone alive by the skin of your teeth.
Lol, my mum cries at Eastenders. I don't think she can help it xD I just think it's the strength of empathy etc that'd make you like that.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

01-20-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Maybe being optimistic about the next 4 years made her tear up, i dunno different things spark different emotions for people. My grandmother cried but i expected that after all that she has seen over the past 70 years in this country and all that she went through i would expect nothing less. I think Obama's rise to President is seen differently from the younger to older generations. I dont look at it really as him being black as much as say my grandmother.

Sometimes i feel my generation are a bunch pansies. Compared to what our predecessors went through we have it easy and only whine about the most innate things.

Oh well i will say this it was FREAKIN cold im so not getting out of DC tonight lol
See, I absolutely understand why your grandmother would cry. I can somewhat understand why Koakus step mother would cry, even though I don't think shes African-American.
I don't understand why someone who hasn't seen that stuff, would cry though.. but its not a big deal lol.
As for what you said about your generation, I absolutely agree. Maybe there was more unity back in those days though, a kind of "lets get around the fireplace and sing" thing. I don't see that now and I don't think voting in Obama will change that.
Oh well i'm not gonna bitch.. i'll just try to be optimistic about the whole thing.

ps. Great job on the front line reporting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Lol, my mum cries at Eastenders. I don't think she can help it xD I just think it's the strength of empathy etc that'd make you like that.
I dunno i'm pretty empathic but I get what you mean. I'm a guy and am not supposed to show emotion much afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koaku View Post
U know they both grew up with racism or segregation (my step mother is white)So I can understand the fact that they are so touched by that..Personaly I grew up with black,white,asian,etc..so it seems more "normal" for me..
Ok that makes sense to me then. *nods*

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 01-20-2009 at 08:19 PM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
tylersangle88 (Offline)
女, im a girl!

Send a message via AIM to tylersangle88 Send a message via MSN to tylersangle88 Send a message via Yahoo to tylersangle88 Send a message via Skype™ to tylersangle88
01-20-2009, 08:23 PM

I am so honnored to have Obama as my president. I unfortunately did not get to vote for him because I will not be 18 till this March but I would have if I could have. The rest of my family are insulted because my family used to own slaves a long time ago and for that I am disgusted. I hate my family for that reason because nobody deserves to be treated like an animal. I am also getting very frustrated with all the white supremesists in my town because there all like that n***er is gonna get shot, he gonna get assasinated, watch he wont last long, and I am like shut the F*** up! He is not gonna be shot he is under the greatest security that he can be. And I know that if a fellow American saw somebody try to hurt our president that they would stop them. This is exactly what our country needs right now. I will admit that I too cried when I watched the innaguration. I cried because it gave me hope that we are ready to change. If he can become president of the United States then as long as I don't lose hope my dreams will come true. I am rele scared for the future ahead because i graduate high school in a couple of months and Im scared to live in the real world and take care of myself but I feel that nomatter what is thrown my way from here on I will never give up and I refuse to fail. Well, I have been rambling for too long. I just wanted to put in my opinion. Who ever reads all of this im amazed because I wrote a lot but ya.

GO OBAMA!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

01-20-2009, 08:39 PM

We watched it @ my school! X_X
it was pretty Epic!

i enjoyed it and we stood up a lot lol

the poets delivery was terrible though.

but the Reverend was pretty good!

and I was hoping Bush would make a passing the torch speech.
(not that i like bush, but i was expecting it)
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-20-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
A LOT of people were crying. He is a moving speaker.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

01-20-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
A LOT of people were crying. He is a moving speaker.
Lol Agreed
(#28 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
01-20-2009, 09:22 PM

Eh, my school wouldn't let us watch it, which I am happy for.
Not an Obama supporter. =/

P.S I don't understand why this is "historical"?
He's not full black? He's half white, what's the big deal?

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

01-20-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarleyGee View Post

regardless of being full black or not it's ground breaking
1. because of his color
2. because he's a man with ideals that most americans agree with.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
01-20-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarleyGee View Post

But it is indeed historical, because he is black, even if its just half. He had lots of supporters but no one thought he would win, and its well big to people who never thought they would experience this moment in time of seeing a black man become president, like I said I didnt think i would see it either. So to alot of people its quite a special day, this day would've just been a normal day if McCain won the presidency. I'am certainly glad to be able to witness a moment in time like this too. Makes me quite happy

Rest in peace Kyle <3