JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Why does Japanese culture attracts foreign weirdoes? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/22591-why-does-japanese-culture-attracts-foreign-weirdoes.html)

BusterWolfXII 04-23-2009 03:36 AM

Is it just because it's 11:22 PM and I'm tired as hell, or have I read 12 pages and only saw about 4-5 posts that attempted to answer the actual question?

Anyway, I don't think that Japanese culture attracts more foreign weirdos than any other culture. It's just that, on the Internet, the country you hear about the most is, depending on where you go, Japan, and with it comes all these geeks and losers that are obsessed with it. But, take away Japan, and these geeks and nerds are still geeks and nerds. They're just not obsessed about Japan.

So, it's not Japan that makes the geeks, nerds and perverts what they are. Japan's just a victim of circumstance.

Does that make sense?

hikkiFM 04-23-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BusterWolfXII (Post 702226)
Is it just because it's 11:22 PM and I'm tired as hell, or have I read 12 pages and only saw about 4-5 posts that attempted to answer the actual question?

Anyway, I don't think that Japanese culture attracts more foreign weirdos than any other culture. It's just that, on the Internet, the country you hear about the most is, depending on where you go, Japan, and with it comes all these geeks and losers that are obsessed with it. But, take away Japan, and these geeks and nerds are still geeks and nerds. They're just not obsessed about Japan.

So, it's not Japan that makes the geeks, nerds and perverts what they are. Japan's just a victim of circumstance.

Does that make sense?

it is, it is.. i agree with yah..

electricalice 04-23-2009 11:56 AM

........deleted.

RadioKid 04-23-2009 01:03 PM

A professor emeritus "Tomio Tada" of Tokyo univercity described "the virtue of japanese" as follows (on a news paper in June/2008).

1. generousity from polytheism or paganism.
2. abstractionism shown in "ANIME".
3. "AHARE"; sympathy for weakness.
4. technologiess to make above three items in reality.

These are interesting as a description by Japanese of Japanese.

ozkai 04-23-2009 11:13 PM

Why does Japanese culture attracts foreign weirdoes?

I think it's due to the fact that they feel special within.

This feeling comes from the use of GAMAN within Japanese society.

Stibenz 04-25-2009 08:42 PM

Wierd people love japan.

In fact it is true. Many wierd people love japan.
You must also notice that most of that wierd people are kinda "nerds", they are lonely people who spends all of their time in front of a computer. then, once connected to the net, you almost can't search anything that isn't related to Japan, I mean, japanese people contribute a lot to put info on the net, this makes the japanese cuture very famous worlwide.
Also in japanese animes the caracters look almost perfect. This makes them think they might get like them if they "become" Japanese.

DJnohara 04-26-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sitron (Post 667030)
I just started learning Japanese and frequent Japanese boards like /jp/ on 4chan.org - what I've noticed is that unlike France or Germany, Japanese culture attract really, really weird foreign people.
Don't mistake me, I love Japanese culture. But all the pedophiles, cartoon nerds, lonely bitter misogynists, racists that think that the Japanese are some kind of super-race, and freaks who want to become Japanese almost made me learn Spanish instead.

Why do you think that Japanese culture attracts the attention of so many social retards, nerds, pedophiles, NEETs, and freaks in general?

Good question.. and I have yet to understand the reasons why..?
Ah well..

But I think Japanese culture and other Asian cultures, have gotten a lot more attention in the last 10 years than ever before in western countries.

Kadauz 04-26-2009 12:57 AM

" Why does Japanese culture attracts foreign weirdoes? "

My strange opinion:

To make an attempt to answer this question - is to equal attempt of the answer to question "Why violence attracts people?"

It is possible to search for the answer long. But the answer will not be found... ... ...

Yuna7780 08-08-2009 12:53 AM

I have a question right back at this thread's question....

Why does America attract so many people?

There may be some similarities found between the two.

Seanus 08-08-2009 03:15 PM

The original poster has a point. There were some weirdo types but you'll always find those eccentrics. It allows them to indulge in sth else that their culture doesn't openly encourage.