LinkBack Thread Tools
(#141 (permalink))
Old
recklesswaltz (Offline)
JF Regular

08-10-2009, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
I just started learning Japanese and frequent Japanese boards like /jp/ on 4chan.org - what I've noticed is that unlike France or Germany, Japanese culture attract really, really weird foreign people.
Don't mistake me, I love Japanese culture. But all the pedophiles, cartoon nerds, lonely bitter misogynists, racists that think that the Japanese are some kind of super-race, and freaks who want to become Japanese almost made me learn Spanish instead.

Why do you think that Japanese culture attracts the attention of so many social retards, nerds, pedophiles, NEETs, and freaks in general?
Did you really had to ask that question?
/facepalm
(#142 (permalink))
Old
ThaDuke (Offline)
Lord Hades

08-10-2009, 03:12 AM

Because Japan rocks! Whoooooooo!

*pushes up glasses*

The Death and Resurrection

of a Dark Ruler
(#143 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-10-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
I just started learning Japanese and frequent Japanese boards like /jp/ on 4chan.org - what I've noticed is that unlike France or Germany, Japanese culture attract really, really weird foreign people.
Don't mistake me, I love Japanese culture. But all the pedophiles, cartoon nerds, lonely bitter misogynists, racists that think that the Japanese are some kind of super-race, and freaks who want to become Japanese almost made me learn Spanish instead.

Why do you think that Japanese culture attracts the attention of so many social retards, nerds, pedophiles, NEETs, and freaks in general?
I seen that alot. I like the Japanese culture, but im not that into anime and manga. I do watch it but not alot. Before taking Japanese in college, my friends want it to bet that the majority of that class will be otakus.He was right, the first day of class most of the students were otakus They were all cosplaying and others with anime shirts. I was like wtf. When the teacher arrived, he told them that there will no anime in the class and just pure japanese culture in here. The next day, they were fewer people in the class. Its funny how some people think Japan is a fairyland. Japan is just like any other country.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#144 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-12-2009, 12:09 AM

When I was a little kid, I thought that Japan was the greatest country in the world. I think it was just a regular little kid reaction to the world: my life sucks, everywhere else is awesome... and hey, I didn't really know a lot about Japan. It was just a foreign, exotic country to me.

Maybe the idea of an exotic country is what attracts most.

LOVE: pass it on
(#145 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-12-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
When I was a little kid, I thought that Japan was the greatest country in the world. I think it was just a regular little kid reaction to the world: my life sucks, everywhere else is awesome... and hey, I didn't really know a lot about Japan. It was just a foreign, exotic country to me.

Maybe the idea of an exotic country is what attracts most.
Hehehehe, when I was little, Japan was all like "CHING CHONG CHONG CHING CHONG CHING CHONG CHONG!" to me...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#146 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

08-12-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Hehehehe, when I was little, Japan was all like "CHING CHONG CHONG CHING CHONG CHING CHONG CHONG!" to me...
Aww man, that made me laugh.

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#147 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-14-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
and it is still for me,lol

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#148 (permalink))
Old
Seek3r (Offline)
New to JF

08-14-2009, 09:46 PM

The way I see it, the biggest abnormality in Japan is without a doubt the Sex industry and that is almost the only thing I dislike about japan and my guess is that's what attracting most of the "weirdos". The rest lies within the cosplay/anime/manga-area I guess(mainly kids, so why bother targeting them with insults?), but I can very easily ignore it all even when I come in touch with it pretty often from time to time...

I rather pay focus on the things I like bout Japan, which is; Anime(90-95% are junk but the 10-5% are worth 10kilo gold/episode), Japanese history, video games(in my case;JRPG), JRock, the technology and the language ofcourse, including some enchanting poems

Now in which other country can u find those particular things with the Japanese touch in it?
Nowhere ofcourse..
(#149 (permalink))
Old
NeonDragon (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to NeonDragon
Im part japanese part american - 08-14-2009, 11:33 PM

alot of people like japan and everything cause it seems more fun than anything else. but you know, i love the japanese culture, maybe because im PART JAPANESE! i sure dont look like it until i smile.. so for people who come up to me in public saying " your not japanese...why do you care? " thats when i say " learn about me and then you'll know, smartass :/ " lol so some people have good reasons others have strange reasons..like hentai...anime..manga..movies..games.... well, i like those too! but some people do kinda have a weird obsession with it..and you know, once you GO to japan, the obsession kind of dies because its just like america in japan, LOTS of people, same old stores and food, different language. thats it.

Im in love -w-
(#150 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-15-2009, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonDragon View Post
alot of people like japan and everything cause it seems more fun than anything else. but you know, i love the japanese culture, maybe because im PART JAPANESE! i sure dont look like it until i smile.. so for people who come up to me in public saying " your not japanese...why do you care? " thats when i say " learn about me and then you'll know, smartass :/ " lol so some people have good reasons others have strange reasons..like hentai...anime..manga..movies..games.... well, i like those too! but some people do kinda have a weird obsession with it..and you know, once you GO to japan, the obsession kind of dies because its just like america in japan, LOTS of people, same old stores and food, different language. thats it.
Lol... it's technically impossible to be "part American" as American is not an ethnicity (unless you are an uber-Conservative that is... but we can dismiss their take on society as it is flawed)

Depending on which how you identify yourself you could be any of the following

Japanese AND American (if you identify with both countries)
part-Japanese/part-*insert your other ethnicity here* American (if you identify mainly with America but consider ethnicity an important part of your identity)

or even just "American" (If you identify with America and ethnicity doesn't really matter to you.)

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 08-15-2009 at 02:31 AM.