LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-09-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo88 View Post
Hey Keaton421 i never accept your comment so i ask you to respect us the Japan Forum members and don't say like that about Japan and about us you mean that we are stupid ???

and Japan is more color full and you are just a sick man
You should say that to yourself
(#92 (permalink))
Old
tokyo88 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tokyo88 Send a message via Yahoo to tokyo88 Send a message via Skype™ to tokyo88
02-09-2009, 12:19 AM

Keaton you are a sick man
(#93 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-09-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo88 View Post
Keaton you are a sick man
Evolution - it never ceases to amaze me.
(#94 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-09-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
I just started learning Japanese and frequent Japanese boards like /jp/ on 4chan.org - what I've noticed is that unlike France or Germany, Japanese culture attract really, really weird foreign people.
Don't mistake me, I love Japanese culture. But all the pedophiles, cartoon nerds, lonely bitter misogynists, racists that think that the Japanese are some kind of super-race, and freaks who want to become Japanese almost made me learn Spanish instead.

Why do you think that Japanese culture attracts the attention of so many social retards, nerds, pedophiles, NEETs, and freaks in general?
Social retard - BAD!
Nerd - OK !
Pedophile - VERY VERY BAD !
NEETs - ??

FREAKS ?? - YEAH BABY WHOO HOO !!!!!!!

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#95 (permalink))
Old
tohruchan7 (Offline)
ur so cute no matter what

02-12-2009, 11:58 PM

Good Question????

HUMANS ARE COWARDS IN THE FACE OF HAPPINESS. IT TAKES COURAGE TO HOLD ONTO HAPPINESS.
(#96 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-13-2009, 01:27 AM

Japan tends to attract people who are dissatisfied with themselves or their surroundings. To many, Japan seems an exotic place, one with a more or less unique ancient culture, while at the same time being the world's most modern and technologically advanced society.

To those who eventually come here, they eventually learn that Japan is just another place, no better (and is some cases, worse) than wherever it was they originally came from.

Many Japanese feel exactly the same way about western countries, and my students (and even coworkers) tell me how much they dream to visit America or Europe. They are always asking me to tell them about New York City, or San Francisco, or Los Angeles, and the things they can see and do there. I show them pictures, and tell them stories, and they are constantly exclaiming "sugoi!" or "kakkoi!"

My friends in America react the same way to the pictures and stories I bring back from Japan.
(#97 (permalink))
Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

Send a message via AIM to Naoko
02-13-2009, 01:33 AM

It's probably that way no matter where you go. Other people's way of life is almost always going to seem more interesting imo, simply because it's different than what you yourself are accustomed to. Add in that people usually look at what things are like in a busy area and that creates more fantasy. Not many look at the calmer areas and acknowledge that the lifestyle is just as "boring" and lacking in the "unique" department lol.

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))
(#98 (permalink))
Old
Luca (Offline)
japan fan

Send a message via ICQ to Luca Send a message via MSN to Luca
02-15-2009, 09:30 PM

in my opinion, people are interested in moderness.
especially when they want/need a change in their own life (i myself belong to these people too, and i chose japan^^)

and now it is a fact that european countries or usa are yet integrated to what we call the globalisated, modern world. but japan, isnt or better wasnt, cauz its an island on the other side of the world and it has always be more busy with itself and korea or china.

so now, when japan´s economy belongs to the most progressing in the world and when asia gets more and more immigrated in the rest of the world´s everyday life, it didnt start to change by immitating the european past, which is a big part of many people´s life, but to exchange its own culture with europeans as me.

so japan seems to be a very modern and new country, although it actually isnt, but it attracts those who think that, cauz they just know their own little world.

id be glad to be corrected

japan... the place where i want to be
japanese... the language i want to speak
japanese... the people i want to belong to
japan... the country i love

want to make friends abroad, maybe to learn some languages...
add me on msn jp.fan@hotmail.de
(#99 (permalink))
Old
FalseAlarm (Offline)
New to JF

02-15-2009, 09:43 PM

It's the curse of taking Japanese. Everyone in all of my Japanese classes for the past 4 years have been weirdos, who only want to learn the language because they enjoy watching the cartoons. It's really sad, and very embarassing when you're in Tokyo walking with a group of white kids in Inuyasha shirts.

i have nothing against anime, i respect it. it's just a lot people who take japanese are complete weirdos, and any Japanese person who doesn't like foreigners has my complete understanding.

no offense to anyone, im just talking from real life experience.
(#100 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-15-2009, 09:46 PM

Simply because it's totally different. I already know my culture so it won't attract me anymore. I want something different, a new experience.

Ever seen Japanese cosplayers? I wish I stepped on that Harajuku area once in my life. Never seen anyone cosplaying in real life... and that area is full of not ordinary looks. Nobody does that here in my country...

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?