(#21 (permalink))
Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

Send a message via AIM to Naoko
02-15-2009, 01:58 AM

After the Civil War...so 1865ish

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))
(#22 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

02-15-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoko View Post
After the Civil War...so 1865ish
not too long ago
(#23 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
02-21-2009, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
not too long ago
No not really. But the hatred is still strong for them. In my heart, mostly.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
zed (Offline)
JF Regular

02-21-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
Im confused someone explain to me what the Klux klu.... I dont even remember how to say the name .. Its so tongue twisty
"Ku Klux Klan (KKK) is the name of several past and present secret domestic militant organizations in the United States, originating in the southern states and eventually having national scope, that are best known for advocating white supremacy and acting as terrorists while hidden behind conical hats, masks and white robes. The KKK has a record of terrorism,[2] violence, and lynching to intimidate, murder, and oppress African Americans, Jews and other minorities and to intimidate and oppose Roman Catholics and labor unions.
The first Klan was founded in 1865 by veterans of the Confederate Army. Its purpose was to restore white supremacy in the aftermath of the American Civil War. The Klan resisted Reconstruction by intimidating freedmen and white Republicans, members of the abolitionist movement. The KKK quickly adopted violent methods. The increase in murders finally resulted in a backlash among Southern elites who viewed the Klan's excesses as an excuse for federal troops to continue occupation."

I still don't believe you didn't know this.

HI JF I AM BACK!!!
Original language: spanish learning to write in english......so be patient.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
02-22-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
"Ku Klux Klan (KKK) is the name of several past and present secret domestic militant organizations in the United States, originating in the southern states and eventually having national scope, that are best known for advocating white supremacy and acting as terrorists while hidden behind conical hats, masks and white robes. The KKK has a record of terrorism,[2] violence, and lynching to intimidate, murder, and oppress African Americans, Jews and other minorities and to intimidate and oppose Roman Catholics and labor unions.
The first Klan was founded in 1865 by veterans of the Confederate Army. Its purpose was to restore white supremacy in the aftermath of the American Civil War. The Klan resisted Reconstruction by intimidating freedmen and white Republicans, members of the abolitionist movement. The KKK quickly adopted violent methods. The increase in murders finally resulted in a backlash among Southern elites who viewed the Klan's excesses as an excuse for federal troops to continue occupation."

I still don't believe you didn't know this.
I can. there are some states and countries that don't teach this part of history to their population. So it's not that unexpected to me.