JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-13-2009, 06:52 PM

MMM, for an "active" thread to be pushed back the way you're describing, it'd quiet a few necroposts from quiet a few "dead" threads... And by a few, I mean A LOT!!!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-13-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
MMM, for an "active" thread to be pushed back the way you're describing, it'd quiet a few necroposts from quiet a few "dead" threads... And by a few, I mean A LOT!!!
I'm sorry, Noodle, I am not following you.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-13-2009, 07:45 PM

The only thing dumber then reviving a weak thread is arguing about whether or not it is ethical
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-13-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
To me that logic seems backwards. If we imagine the front page posts are the most "alive" and the back page posts are the most "dead", when someone necroposts they revive a dead thread, but it also means the active threads get pushed down.
Aren't you exaggerating a little bit?
After reading this I understand you think that most of the members on JF read threads only the first page and don't even bother to look at the second one. Well let me tell you that you're wrong here, and people who go several pages back to revive the old threads prove that.

Quote:
One newer user recently (who I PMed about it) posted a half dozen "OMG" posts on threads well buried in the back in as many minutes. So six active threads were knocked off the front page.
So? The whole J-music forum is filled with "OMG" and other pointless posts, but I don't see the mods of that section complain about that.

Just because one member revived six old threads pushing the active ones out, doesn't mean the same thing is gonna happen everyday. There's is always a member now and then who makes several pointless threads or posts in less then half hour.

Quote:
Another user started answering "Be my friends ads", which is fine, but to some users who had only posted once months, and in a couple cases over a year ago. Sorry, but she's not going to be your friend, and you end up looking silly.
Don't think you're the only one who noticed that. The only thing I can suggjest is - once a year delete all the old threads in the "Be my friends ads" leaving only the last four pages. That way less people make fools out of themselves.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-13-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Aren't you exaggerating a little bit?
No. Six pointless necroposts pushes six active threads off the front page. No exaggeration.

Quote:
After reading this I understand you think that most of the members on JF read threads only the first page and don't even bother to look at the second one. Well let me tell you that you're wrong here, and people who go several pages back to revive the old threads prove that.
I don't mind if people only look at the front page, or if they go back to older posts.
Quote:
So? The whole J-music forum is filled with "OMG" and other pointless posts, but I don't see the mods of that section complain about that.
I am not sure how this is an argument against reviving dead threads with "OMG" posts. Even you say those points are "pointless", so I wonder why doing something to reduce that number would be such a bad idea.
Quote:
Just because one member revived six old threads pushing the active ones out, doesn't mean the same thing is gonna happen everyday. There's is always a member now and then who makes several pointless threads or posts in less then half hour.
And that is exactly who my first post is directed at.
Quote:
Don't think you're the only one who noticed that. The only thing I can suggjest is - once a year delete all the old threads in the "Be my friends ads" leaving only the last four pages. That way less people make fools out of themselves.
That happens. The intention of this thread is to also help make less people make fools out of themselves.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-13-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
I'm not bashing MMM or his decisions, I am simply not seeing a good enough reason to do what he has suggested (hence my first reply).
Um, because he is a mod, and he has authority over all of us is a good enough reason.

猿も木から落ちる
(#17 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-13-2009, 09:49 PM

Guys, just stop complaining about it, who cares. It's simple, just don't bring up dead threads for no reason. It's not rocket science. Just don't do it. God.

猿も木から落ちる
(#18 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-13-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Um, because he is a mod, and he has authority over all of us is a good enough reason.
If MMM was the kind of mod that done as he pleased without thinking of JF's best interests, I'm sure he wouldn't be a Mod. He isn't a Dictator!!! He's simply trying to improve JF and to do so, input from JF users is key!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-15-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
If MMM was the kind of mod that done as he pleased without thinking of JF's best interests, I'm sure he wouldn't be a Mod. He isn't a Dictator!!! He's simply trying to improve JF and to do so, input from JF users is key!
Thank you, Noodle. You speak the truth.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
GregFromScotland (Offline)
I love you.

Send a message via MSN to GregFromScotland Send a message via Skype™ to GregFromScotland
02-15-2009, 11:21 AM

Let's be honest. No-one should ever just post something along the lines of "Yes, I agree" or anything that you mentioned in a currently active topic nevermind a dead/resolved topic.

It's a pretty simple concept; Post something of worth, no matter what topic it is.