JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
GregFromScotland (Offline)
I love you.

Send a message via MSN to GregFromScotland Send a message via Skype™ to GregFromScotland
02-15-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Yeah, I agree.
There's always one.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-15-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregFromScotland View Post
Let's be honest. No-one should ever just post something along the lines of "Yes, I agree" or anything that you mentioned in a currently active topic nevermind a dead/resolved topic.

It's a pretty simple concept; Post something of worth, no matter what topic it is.
Let remind you that half of JF is filled with kiddies from age 13-16, and you barely see any intellectual posts from them. So you better get use to "OMG", "LOL", "ROFL", and other annoying, pointless, one line posts, because that will never change.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
GregFromScotland (Offline)
I love you.

Send a message via MSN to GregFromScotland Send a message via Skype™ to GregFromScotland
02-15-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
From what i understand about human communication, it looks like i may have just sparked a conversation.

Who would of thought "Yeah, I agree." could have such a consequence?
This situation is completely different to any other topic, why? Because we're discussing the consequences of it. The only reason a conversation has sparked because of you saying "Yeah - I agree" is completely different in any other topic.

Therefore, whatever point you are trying to make is really pointless.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-15-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Let remind you that half of JF is filled with kiddies from age 13-16, and you barely see any intellectual posts from them. So you better get use to "OMG", "LOL", "ROFL", and other annoying, pointless, one line posts, because that will never change.
And if all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you jump off, too?

Is it you are really resistant to attempts at improvements, or do you just like to take the opposite opinion of logic?

There is nothing in my first post or in my intentions that is in the least bit offensive to logic and common sense. Some people come here strictly for the sake of honing their arguing skills, which is what I sense is happening on this thread.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-15-2009, 07:01 PM

Necroposting is a bad habit. It does NOT help. If you just want to post 'I agree' keep it for yourself, nobody needs that. Helps reviving an interesting thread? Hell no, why are you reviving it for others? If others want to give their opinion on that thread they should search it themselves, but necroposting on it is useless.

I feel ashamed some people here consider it helping. It's just SPAM disguised in another form.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-15-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Helps reviving an interesting thread? Hell no, why are you reviving it for others? If others want to give their opinion on that thread they should search it themselves, but necroposting on it is useless.

I feel ashamed some people here consider it helping. It's just SPAM disguised in another form.
Why? Well, some people like to hear different opinions... Most of the time I spend on JF is reading. I don't always reply to things, but I do like reading what people have to say. So, reviving a thread is good for that. And people don't always realise that a thread exists. I don't search for a thread to reply in. I see the front page, if the thread interests me, then I reply! The same thing will happen if a thread is revived! It will be seen by people, if anyone has an opinion, they will reply, if noone has an opinion, it will die again. At most, it will take up the front page for a couple of hours. Where is the harm in that?
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-15-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
And if all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you jump off, too?
Nope, but if you jumped, then I'd definitely jumped too, because if the 'always right' MMM decided to jump, that would mean there's something WRONG with me for not wanting to jump.

Quote:
Is it you are really resistant to attempts at improvements, or do you just like to take the opposite opinion of logic?
Resistant to attempts at improvements?
And what kind of improvements are you talking about, besides creating a thread about necroposting like it's some big deal?

Quote:
There is nothing in my first post or in my intentions that is in the least bit offensive to logic and common sense. Some people come here strictly for the sake of honing their arguing skills, which is what I sense is happening on this thread.
This isn't like that thread where you were asking people to use less profanities, I agree to some degree there. But this is different, it has something useful in it, and just because if seems a backward logic to YOU, well then, it's your problem not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Necroposting is a bad habit. It does NOT help. If you just want to post 'I agree' keep it for yourself, nobody needs that. Helps reviving an interesting thread? Hell no, why are you reviving it for others? If others want to give their opinion on that thread they should search it themselves, but necroposting on it is useless.
Did you read my post in the first page? If not, read it, and you'll see that there is something good in it.
Not everyone here has lots of time on their hands, they don't bother to spend it by browsing through the old pages looking for an interesting topic, they just look and post in the most active ones. But If someone who has more time brings back the old threads to them, then I don't care what they wrote, all that matters to me is to see the forum being alive again even if it's for a short time.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
02-15-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post
The only thing dumber then reviving a weak thread is arguing about whether or not it is ethical
Uh...
this.

Sure, if a month old post is brought back from the dead only to contain "I agree, you're a poop mouth," it might put a damper on my day. Said damper lasts for only 2 seconds, and I get on with my life.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

02-15-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post

Did you read my post in the first page? If not, read it, and you'll see that there is something good in it.
Not everyone here has lots of time on their hands, they don't bother to spend it by browsing through the old pages looking for an interesting topic, they just look and post in the most active ones. But If someone who has more time brings back the old threads to them, then I don't care what they wrote, all that matters to me is to see the forum being alive again even if it's for a short time.
Your argument failed when you said you don't care what people post. Why bother wasting 3 seconds of your life on a dead thread that nobody cares about, and in turn wasting everyone else's time. If you have something valid to add, then great, if you don't then it's just a waste, like in any other thread. Are you just disagreeing for the sake of it now? Common logic says that asking people to make posts meaningful is a good thing.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
02-15-2009, 09:27 PM

I'm not sure what's worse: arguing over clear-cut forum etiquette or intelligent people arguing over clear-cut forum etiquette.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.