JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Michael Jackson (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/23594-michael-jackson.html)

noodle 03-07-2009 08:20 AM

Michael Jackson

As some of you may or may not know, MJ is planning his final tour. Recently there was an announcement that he will perform for 10 dates in London, UK, this summer.

So, I was just wondering what people's opinions are.

I hope I'll be around London in July now, I really wanna see MJ as I've been a "fan" all my life. I grew up with his songs since before I spoke English, lol. And as this is his last tour, I can't miss it :D

So, there'll be a poll, but don't hesitate to reply on whether you would like to go see him, or just any opinions you may have on "The King Of Pop"!

Starairi 03-07-2009 08:33 AM

I never grew up with his music, but I do like some of it. Living today, you can't really have lived without ever hearing a MJ song. As for the guy himself, I don't have any particular feelings. I've never been a fan, but I respect his work.

So, thanks for a long and interesting career Michael Jackson!

clairebear 03-07-2009 08:34 AM

I like a few of his songs (I remember listening to Thriller when I was younger :P)

He's a strange guy, but talented, lol.

One question though: WHY OH WHY DID HE DO A PERFORMANCE WITH BRITNEY?! Geez. :D That was just so....wrong.

MMM 03-07-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 681858)
As some of you may or may not know, MJ is planning his final tour. Recently there was an announcement that he will perform for 10 dates in London, UK, this summer.

So, I was just wondering what people's opinions are.

I hope I'll be around London in July now, I really wanna see MJ as I've been a "fan" all my life. I grew up with his songs since before I spoke English, lol. And as this is his last tour, I can't miss it :D

So, there'll be a poll, but don't hesitate to reply on whether you would like to go see him, or just any opinions you may have on "The King Of Pop"!

The press conference was nothing short of bizarre. He couldn't put four words together. I would be very surprised if he can complete one two-hour show, considering a five-minute press conference was an exercise in frustration.

noodle 03-07-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 681861)
The press conference was nothing short of bizarre. He couldn't put four words together. I would be very surprised if he can complete one two-hour show, considering a five-minute press conference was an exercise in frustration.

Yeah... lol, that conference was a bit crazy and he did seem like he didn't have any energy... I hope he can do the gigs, but from that conference, the rumour of 40 or 50 gigs is a joke... I think he'll just barely manage 10, which makes things even better in my opinion... no need to overdo things (50 gigs in the same city is a joke!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear (Post 681860)
I like a few of his songs (I remember listening to Thriller when I was younger :P)

He's a strange guy, but talented, lol.

One question though: WHY OH WHY DID HE DO A PERFORMANCE WITH BRITNEY?! Geez. :D That was just so....wrong.

I have to agree with you about the last part... He's performed with many talents in the past, but Britney isn't one of them for me...lol

Blac 03-07-2009 08:51 AM

i like his music
i dont really care about the singer.

noodle 03-07-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blac (Post 681865)
i like his music
i dont really care about the singer.

I forgot that option, if one of the mods can add it, that'd be great!:)

Jaydelart 03-07-2009 08:54 AM

I always knew Michael Jackson was finished as an artist... But hearing it be announced officially still delivers a quite a shock.

minimin 03-07-2009 03:55 PM

Hey I think the guys a legend I grew up on his music he's quite an innovator in the R & B and Pop Genres, but as for him coming back, I dont care none. Id rather leave the legend alone, I think he should've left it alone honestly. I don't know if he'd be able to do as much as he did when he was younger. If he does a good job yay for him but if not...I don't know. I wouldnt go even if I lived in the UK, hope he does okay though.

SSJup81 03-07-2009 05:05 PM

I grew up with Michael Jackson's music, and so I do like most of it. Stuff past the mid-90s, though, I'm not too fond of. So, either way, I really like his music, but as for live performances, I've only seen two (ala DVD of course lol). One was from 1992 and the other was one he did in 1987 in Yokohama. I forgot where he was for the 1992 concert. The 1987 concert was really good, imo. The 1992 one, it was just a waste. Wasn't as nice as the '87 one. IMO, and I could be wrong since I don't have much exposure to MJ as far as live performances go, but I'm going to assume that the older the concert, the better and that in the 90s is when he started to slightly go downhill.
Quote:

Originally Posted by minimin (Post 681916)
Hey I think the guys a legend I grew up on his music he's quite an innovator in the R & B and Pop Genres, but as for him coming back, I dont care none. Id rather leave the legend alone, I think he should've left it alone honestly. I don't know if he'd be able to do as much as he did when he was younger. If he does a good job yay for him but if not...I don't know. I wouldnt go even if I lived in the UK, hope he does okay though.

He's not really coming back, he's just doing one last tour and retiring for good, supposedly.