JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Dororich - Cafe Jelly Cream in!!!!!! - 03-19-2009, 01:34 PM

I saw this everytime i went to the convininece store for about 5 years. Then one day I decided to try it. I've never looked back.

Sorry, pretty kudaranai thread, but just I never see anyone else drinking it and I wanted to say that it's really under-rated imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishasu View Post
its very very nice for people to crush your dreams.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-19-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killyoself View Post

I saw this everytime i went to the convininece store for about 5 years. Then one day I decided to try it. I've never looked back.

Sorry, pretty kudaranai thread, but just I never see anyone else drinking it and I wanted to say that it's really under-rated imo.
I agree that the stuff is great, but... It`s only been out since December. Started being sold 2008.12.1. I don`t know what you`ve been looking at for 5 years, but it wasn`t this. It`s only been in development since July. (Relative works at Glico.)

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-19-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I agree that the stuff is great, but... It`s only been out since December. Started being sold 2008.12.1. I don`t know what you`ve been looking at for 5 years, but it wasn`t this. It`s only been in development since July. (Relative works at Glico.)
Nah, definitely 100% it's been out for longer than that cos the first time I decided to give it a try was at the start of the last semester (Oct) and I had seen it around for a long time before that (sEEMed like 5 years but my sense of time is pretty warped. Definitely seen some cafe crash jelly in looking type stuff around for ages though, Glico or not i'm not entirely sure though)

I noticed the packaging change recently though, so is it possible it was maybe licenced under a different company name before that? Also, different variations of it are sold in cafes here.

Don't doubt your info but there must be some other explanation.

Quote:
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

03-20-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Don't doubt your info but there must be some other explanation.
It may have very well been a different similar product. I know there are often products that are made by smaller companies that only have small convenience store runs...
It isn`t as if it`s a totally new idea, and what half of kids do when they get a thing of coffee jelly - which is something that has been around forever.

Or, maybe you were really lucky and happened to hit on it during the test runs. I know they put out limited quantities starting in September to check sales and market response, and to get reviews. We got to try a couple back then when said relative sent a box up to the family home... (Otherwise I`d never remember that much detail about when and how a drink came out. It feels sort of cool to be a beta taster.)

(#5 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-20-2009, 04:25 AM

ii na-

Quote:
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

03-20-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
ii na-

I`m more jealous that you`re in the product test area. As far as I know, almost all brands get tested in the same area - so where I might get to taste some Glico stuff you`re probably getting access to half the new stuff coming out. Not to mention the stuff that fails on it`s test run and never makes it.