LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-03-2009, 11:35 AM

A pc for me.

I don`t dislike Macs, and would not mind owning one... But it`s an issue of cost performance. Being able to reconfigure hardware at the drop of a hat for a reasonable cost, etc, carries more weight than the hardware/software integration of the Mac.

I like being able to pop pieces of hardware and upgrade them bit by bit whenever I feel the desire.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
04-03-2009, 12:03 PM

Contrary to what they say, Macs aren't more secure, it is just that no one makes malware for them. PC is wide used so they make more malware. And there is a reason why they don't make malware for Macs, not many people use it.

Second, gaming is far more better in a PC. No need to argue on that.

Third, price. I can get a PC with the same performance for half the price of a Mac.

I just don't like Macs at all.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RazerKill (Offline)
-=New Roots=-

04-03-2009, 01:03 PM

Mac first of all cos they pay me XD
second if its for business i would go for the thing that gives me the best quality..
ppl cant disagree that mac hardware is triple A quality
third no driver issues no vista with all its features that cost to much graphic power.
why do most graphic companies use a mac?
sins it got the power to do so and they want something reliable on the long run.
we sell a lot of mac to tv companies.
oke i'm done with my little sales talk

proud member of the ramen club XD

http://new-roots.com
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ucho (Offline)
New to JF

04-03-2009, 01:14 PM

PC cause.. Im grow up with it ^^ But since Im on a graphic design school I've to work with Macs, they arent bad either but Im not used to them yet ^^;

-Ucho-
(#5 (permalink))
Old
valerybriz (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to valerybriz Send a message via Skype™ to valerybriz
04-03-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucho View Post
PC cause.. Im grow up with it ;
I agee with you...
but mac its ok...

Looking for Friends!!

月のまじない。<><><><>海は月を愛する
<><><><>月を見て、私を思い出してください。<><><><>
私は月が大好きなんです
(#6 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

Send a message via MSN to SephirothVVC Send a message via Skype™ to SephirothVVC
04-03-2009, 02:25 PM

both the mac and PC have pro's and con's for what i like do to do/ what macs suck at, PC is great at and vice versa..so i dont know which id pic..... but i suppose a mac would be better suited for me^.^

"I despise practically everything about human life, which does limit one's weekend activities."
(#7 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
04-03-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Whilst wanting to avoid any confrontation about "Whats Better" I found this funny.

"Second, gaming is far more better in a PC. No need to argue on that."

I guess if thats what you're interested in its lucky Macs have Boot Camp then..

But i guess if your main concern is "Pwning Newbs1LOL1!!1" you would go with the "Cheaper" option.. tho now that im writing this i find that funny too.

Sure you could get a Dell with the same, possibly even better "Specs" but when it comes down to it "you get what you pay for" i suppose. I just went on the Dell website and customized a Dell studio 15 laptop to as close to Mac specs as i could get it and it was still $1,200 and for me and anyone in the creative industry specifically, it would still be missing more than a few major features. Mainly software, Tho I find that software is pretty much impossible to compare considering all the variables. Tho right out of the Box? I definately see the mac as being more "Complete" Not having to invest in all the Microsoft software is definately an advantage. Granted, I did invest in Photoshop and Aperture 2 but thats something all Photographers have to do, Mac or PC. (Light Room for PC)
1. No sorry, I'm not here to pwn newbies, I've been watching PC and Mac developments for many years and I'm quite sure for what I say.

First of all, what you said above is total bshit.

A 15 inch Mac Pro costs 1999$

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz
2 GB Memory
250Gb Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce 9400 or 9600 GT with 256MB
Illuminated Keyboard (this one is just for freaks)
Mac OSX Tiger

I'm posting through a HP Pavilion dv 1132-eg Entertainment series. Costed me 849 euro and it is 1 month old. NO DISCOUNT! Bought in Austria.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz
3GB Memory
300GB Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT with 512 MB
Sorry, no illuminated keyboards
Windows Vista Home Premium license

OH AND ON TOP OF ALL IT IS 17 INCH

Who would buy THAT Mac? Freaks. And I even have a wide choice of hardware.

I think you brought that up... here it is MacBook Pro - Apple Store (U.S.) prices for MacBook Pro

Then Dell XPS M1730 Laptop --- look at the 2nd configuration, for 1700$ you get more than that 15 inch MacBook... the hardware also has more quality, read well.

As for the desktop business, Mac has no chance of winning. they are a lot cheaper. you want me to bring some details for that too?

Quote:
According to your logic, A person (The same person) Is just as safe in a room with what? lets say.. 10,000 people infected with the "Black Plague" than they are in a room with 500 people. Theres a chance your going to get infected either way, but you cant argue with the maths.
What kind of comparison is that. A virus is made specifically for one OS, not for both.

Read this, it's recent Pwn2Own Hacker shares thoughts on Mac and PC security

Quote:
All that aside, when it comes down to it, Mac dominates the creative Industry. Just ask Microsofts Graphic Division,

"Metadata found on Microsoft's creative copy used in its 'I'm a PC' ad reveals that the graphics were actually produced using Macs running Adobe Creative Suite 3. After the details were published on the Flickr photo sharing site, Microsoft scrambled to polish off the embarrassing details last night
Microsoft's new ad features a "stereotyped PC user" dressed up like John Hodgman in Apple's Get a Mac ads with a number of people who say, "I'm a PC" apparently to affirm that they run Windows.
However, not even Microsoft itself can wean itself off the Mac, as the metadata discovered by Flickr user LuisDS points out. Microsoft was not only using Macs but also Adobe's software in place of its own Expressions Studio, which the company bills as software that "takes your creative possibilities to a new level."
What's your point? That a certain program runs better in OSX than Windows. It has nothing to do with the hardware, I tell you... they simply adapted it better for Mac. Most software are adapted better on Windows though. I don't care if Microsoft did that stuff for their ad... Apple has marketing problems too, they say Windows sucks instead of giving reasons why Mac is better. Oh wait, there are none.

Quote:
Everything aside, Its down to personal preferance. like i mentioned in my original post, the Mac for me was in Industry decision. Even as i sit here on a PC i stand by the points iv raised. I have no real interest in computers and only see my Macbook as a tool i use to enhance my work. I agree that for the average user with only standard needs you cant go to wrong with a PC but always find it funny when you see a PC user with nothing more to say than "I UEZ PC, DAY R BETAZ!11"
No it's not down to personal preference, that's called fanboyism. I judge and check what's in computers. If Mac was better I'd buy a Mac, it's not like I prefer a PC because of its name. That's why the majority of people uses PC, and very few use Mac (mostly for their job like you but there are FREAKS out there, obviously there are FREAKZ for PCs too).

Oh and btw, saying I'm here to pwn a noobie won't make you look cool or make me feel bad. Like I said, I'm not new to these kind of discussions. If you're gonna defend yourself with such comments, go ahead, I don't really care... but it will make you look worse.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Sinner (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to Sinner
04-03-2009, 03:20 PM

I would go for a PC.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
reptilesandsamurai (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-03-2009, 03:52 PM

Both are just tools in a toolbox. It really depends on what you are going to be doing that determines if you need a Mac or a PC.

Reptiles have silly grins
Dark eyes--shiny teeth--some have fins
Samurai they smile never
Serious--pretty swords--very clever
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Firu (Offline)
zero,can you move?

Send a message via MSN to Firu
04-03-2009, 04:20 PM

i like my Mac,it's great for music recording