JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-05-2009, 04:30 AM

North Korea primarily uses fear through diplomatic talks, not military, to taunt other countries.

I guess people finally know this by now.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
04-05-2009, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilesandsamurai View Post
I'm sure there's a couple of subs named after states sitting at launch depth in the Sea of Japan right now.
Well if you're insinuating that they're aiming at North Korea, then I sure do hope they are. I would nuke the missile holding grounds without question if I was president.

猿も木から落ちる
(#13 (permalink))
Old
ironcurtain (Offline)
New to JF

04-05-2009, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 View Post
my bro told me that he heard they are planning to send a satelite into space...i dont really believe him tho...is it true?
Well~I'm a Chinese~and I think Japanese people needn't to be worried about it too much.This just is N.Korean's old measure to attract international attention.
Like its nuclear plan,it just a way to transfer its people's attention from the hard life in NK.

In fact,I don't like N.Korea(Attention,N.Korea,not N.Korean) very much.It always be the troublemaker of the NE Asia'safety.And N.Korea is ungrateful.
It accept the international help,but still do these kinds of things.And about
350000 Chineese soldiers died to help them resist U.S in 1950s(including my grandfather).But they even didn't mention a word about this in their textbook.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
04-05-2009, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
I'm hoping it is less sinister than it seems.
I do know one thing... I am a perfectly healthy young man... If they attack South Korea, America, or Japan... I may be inclined to join the armed forces earlier than I originally planned.

We'll see how things end up.
Same here, but, since I'm in college, I won't be first up to bat in the draft. Which would be pointless if the nukes go up. But I'm not a fear-monger. I hope for the best, but I still know where the bomb shelters are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcurtain View Post
Well~I'm a Chinese~and I think Japanese people needn't to be worried about it too much.This just is N.Korean's old measure to attract international attention.
Like its nuclear plan,it just a way to transfer its people's attention from the hard life in NK.

In fact,I don't like N.Korea(Attention,N.Korea,not N.Korean) very much.It always be the troublemaker of the NE Asia'safety.And N.Korea is ungrateful.
It accept the international help,but still do these kinds of things.And about
350000 Chineese soldiers died to help them resist U.S in 1950s(including my grandfather).But they even didn't mention a word about this.
Indeed, this is random but are you in China right now?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-05-2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcurtain View Post
This just is N.Korean's old measure to attract international attention.
Very true.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
04-05-2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post
Same here, but, since I'm in college, I won't be first up to bat in the draft. Which would be pointless if the nukes go up. But I'm not a fear-monger. I hope for the best, but I still know where the bomb shelters are.

Will Obama really start a draft?

I'd gladly go to prison before I go to war.

猿も木から落ちる
(#17 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
04-05-2009, 04:37 AM

You may get mixed responses to that last comment, but yeah he could. It would take Congress to do it, but it could still happen. If anything, they would most-likely transplant the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan to where ever the "new" action is.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-05-2009, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
There will be no need. If anyone attacks us, then Obama will just be like "Ehh, it's okay, we don't need to retaliate. We'll just let all the other nations just walk all over us."

Another reason why I'm scared.

For all I know, they were just testing some of their defense missiles, like we (America) has done countless times. But...something tells me this isn't the case.
Why in the world do you think Obama would not retaliate if N. Korea sent a nuclear missile to America? I think you need to read the news with a closer eye.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
joeyj (Offline)
JF Regular

04-05-2009, 04:43 AM

They want to use their missiles as bargaining chips, IMO.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

04-05-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post

i have no idea where our bomb shelters are....or storm shelters for a matter of fact...

@alan: yea same here...i dont think i could be drafted anyway. if i get too worked up my heart start hurting and its hard for me to breath. i had heart problems when i was lil

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come

Last edited by Kenpachi11 : 04-05-2009 at 04:56 AM.