JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-23-2009, 07:52 AM

Really? I thought the electrolytes were good for rehydrating if you are hung over. It's basically like Gatorade, right?
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-23-2009, 07:52 AM

It's also awful.

I prefer Aquarius, myself. But don't give THAT to drunk people either. Same effect.

I have to agree, this is probably just copious amounts of alcohol. Can't say I've ever had nakey time in my local koen though, but my 25th birthday was a doozy with several of my JET and ALT and Japanese friends supplying more than I should have been anywhere near. I was told I spent several hours doing things I have no memory of and would never have done sober... so... yeah, I can see this being just because someone didn't cut him off. Probably egged him on, more like it.

MMM, hung over is one thing, still drunk is another. Anything the helps absorption will cause alcohol to go straight to the brain, ie, make you drunker quicker.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-23-2009, 07:57 AM

I guess I misread. I wouldn't give Pocari to someone who is intoxicated, but wouldn't it help the morning after?
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-23-2009, 08:01 AM

It would, yes, but plain old water is still better than sports drinks, or even the special pedialyte stuff for keeping hydrated while drinking. Ideally you should be consuming as much water as you are alcohol.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-23-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
It would, yes, but plain old water is still better than sports drinks, or even the special pedialyte stuff for keeping hydrated while drinking. Ideally you should be consuming as much water as you are alcohol.
I would never drink a "sports drink" while consuming alcohol. Even worse is the Redbull and vodka drinks that are very popular now. That seems like a heart attack waiting to happen. I hear stories of people having five Redbulls and vodkas, and I just think "One Redbull in a day is unhealthy without alcohol. Five in few hours is nothing short of dangerous...and adding hard alcohol".

But I go OT
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-23-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
It's also awful.

I prefer Aquarius, myself. But don't give THAT to drunk people either. Same effect..
Aquarius has a number of chemicals in it that have been said to be dangerous in large quantities, and which are banned for use in products for children.

You couldn`t PAY me enough to drink it.

(My husband loves rum and Pocari... For some strange reason. He makes this weird drink with it. Like a spoonful of white rum to a glass of Pocari. )

And I`ll try to keep from going too far off topic too....

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-23-2009, 08:41 AM

Japanese pop star Kusanagi arrested for indecency
3 hours ago
TOKYO (AFP) — A pop star with ageing Japanese boy band SMAP was arrested for public indecency, police said, amid reports he was naked, drunk and acting erratically in a central Tokyo park.
Tsuyoshi Kusanagi, 34, was arrested early in the morning near the Roppongi nightclub district after a local resident alerted police, a police spokesman said.
Television stations reported the arrest by flashing bulletins usually reserved for earthquakes and other major events, while television helicopters filmed the park from the air after sunrise.
Public broadcaster NHK placed a breaking news headline over its live footage of a parliamentary session on Japan's measures to fight Somali pirates.
"What's wrong with being naked?" Kusanagi reportedly yelled at a police officer who approached him.
The incident infuriated Communications Minister Kunio Hatoyama, whose ministry has featured Kusanagi in its campaign to promote the 2011 start of nationwide terrestrial digital broadcasting.
"If the report is true, I'm immensely angry... I'll drop him off everything related to terrestrial digital broadcasting," he told reporters. "I'll never forgive him."
Boy band SMAP gained fame from the early 1990s and became hugely popular in Japan and elsewhere in Asia with a string of chart-topping hits.
Its members have used their fame to get roles in television dramas and movies, and Kusanagi has starred in films and featured in many commercials.
In South Korea, he is better known as "Cho Nan Kang" and liked for his good command of the Korean language.
SMAP, one of many successful pop groups formed by Japanese talent agency Johnny and Associates, is an acronym for "Sports Music Assemble People."
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-23-2009, 08:48 AM

...off topic, but can you possibly cite a link? Even 日本語で? Because I just bought a two liter of the stuff, and if true, now I'd rather not drink it... O.o
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

04-23-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothVVC View Post
the news. haha jk

oh... and now I get it... minutes later.

I found out about this here:
http://www.popeater.com/music/article/naked-drunk-japanese-pop-star/443303?icid=main|main|dl2|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2Fmusic%2Fart icle%2Fnaked-drunk-japanese-pop-star%2F443303

I was gonna make a thread, til I saw one was already made.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
04-23-2009, 11:38 PM

In further news, it turns out that the rumor of drinking on a show had little or nothing to do with the end result. Apparently after the filming was done, he spent 6 hours drinking in total in two different bars with friends. They parted in the park to head home... And things get fuzzy from there on. Witnesses are saying that he was yelling in the sort of way that people are encouraged to do in order to release stress - sort of the "Argh!!!" type yells. He stated that he has no idea why he was naked.

They did a drug test, and he came up completely clean for anything other than alcohol so it rules out him being on something.

The speed at which his contracts were canceled was truly amazing. I found that more entertaining than what he did... Seriously, left and right, less than 24 hours after the incident, sponsors and advertisers were killing contracts.

I cannot even imagine the level of shock he himself must be feeling at this point - to sober up and see your life going down the drain before your very eyes.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.