JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Ninja Vs Samurai (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/24806-ninja-vs-samurai.html)

rison 04-27-2009 09:47 PM

Ninja Vs Samurai

A Ninja (忍者 ,ninja?) is a warrior specially trained in a variety of unorthodox arts of war. These include assassination, illusion, espionage, and various martial arts.The role of the ninja may have included sabotage, espionage, scouting and assassination as a method of destabilization or to cause social chaos. Such actions may have taken place at the service of a feudal lord (daimyo, shogun), or other entity waging guerrilla warfare.

A Samurai who is more respected as a warrior but deal more with intellectual issues.
Most samurai were bound by a code of honor and were expected to set an example for those below them. A notable part of their code is seppuku (切腹 ,seppuku?), which allowed a disgraced samurai to regain his honor by passing into death, where samurai were still beholden to social rules.

Which do you prefer?

Kenpachi11 04-27-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rison (Post 705239)
A Ninja (忍者 ,ninja?) is a warrior specially trained in a variety of unorthodox arts of war. These include assassination, illusion, espionage, and various martial arts.The role of the ninja may have included sabotage, espionage, scouting and assassination as a method of destabilization or to cause social chaos. Such actions may have taken place at the service of a feudal lord (daimyo, shogun), or other entity waging guerrilla warfare.

A Samurai who is more respected as a warrior but deal more with intellectual issues.
Most samurai were bound by a code of honor and were expected to set an example for those below them. A notable part of their code is seppuku (切腹 ,seppuku?), which allowed a disgraced samurai to regain his honor by passing into death, where samurai were still beholden to social rules.

Which do you prefer?

i would choose....samurai ^^

Sutiiven 04-27-2009 09:52 PM

Ninja considering historic events over time of the feudal war era :vsign:

rison 04-27-2009 09:52 PM

But dont you think Ninjas are way cool, even Naruto is a one...a Shinobi (male ninja)

Undertherose25 04-27-2009 09:54 PM

I choose Samurai

Kenpachi11 04-27-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rison (Post 705243)
But dont you think Ninjas are way cool, even Naruto is a one...a Shinobi (male ninja)

But samurai was more respectful and they were more like the protectors of the nation.

Sutiiven 04-27-2009 09:56 PM

yeah they rock notice my avatar is kotaro fuma.Naruto is cool but hattori hanzo is the best .The ninja served from from begining to the war was over notice tokugawa and hattori hanzo back when Nobunaga got killed.

rison 04-27-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutiiven (Post 705242)
Ninja considering historic events over time of the feudal war era :vsign:

I read this book by James Clavell (Shogun): It deals with a Feudal war in the 1600 and the part that thrilled me most was when ninjas were sent to assassinate a samurai.It was crazy.

desicat674 04-27-2009 10:02 PM

hmmm

I'd like to see Ninja vs Pirate :rheart:

rison 04-27-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 (Post 705246)
But samurai was more respectful and they were more like the protectors of the nation.

And also caused heavy wars when every power hungry samurai wanted to become Shogun.