JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SaintKat (Offline)
Veni Vidi Vicious

05-06-2009, 03:25 AM

Rison's given you great advice OP, I'm sure you'll find a middle ground.

Nobody is perfect.
I am nobody.
Therefore, I am perfect.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-06-2009, 05:57 AM

I'm a Korean and I don't have any problems with Japan. Not surprised since I was born later.

Generation difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rison View Post
With Korea testing its ballistic missiles over Japan airspace and Japan complaining to the international committee about it, the Korea ignoring the warnings.

If that isnt a conflict, it sure isnt close to racism either?
There are more than one Korea: one is still divided by America and the other one was divided by the USSR.

It appears to be that Kim Jong Il wanted to bring more powers to the "military circle" against the KWP. And the missile test is a jesture to do this. Plus, his is pushing his third Swiss-educated son to lead North Korea and a lot of North Korean elites don't like this to happen and support his other son(s).

The missile test overall was more like a very inconvenient domestic conflict that North Korea still struggles on.

Nothing to see about North Korea, really. It's just a dramatic soap opera setting in North Korean politics.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
rison (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-06-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
I'm a Korean and I don't have any problems with Japan. Not surprised since I was born later.

Generation difference.

There are more than one Korea: one is still divided by America and the other one was divided by the USSR.

It appears to be that Kim Jong Il wanted to bring more powers to the "military circle" against the KWP. And the missile test is a jesture to do this. Plus, his is pushing his third Swiss-educated son to lead North Korea and a lot of North Korean elites don't like this to happen and support his other son(s).

The missile test overall was more like a very inconvenient domestic conflict that North Korea still struggles on.

Nothing to see about North Korea, really. It's just a dramatic soap opera setting in North Korean politics.
Do you have any advice that might help for the thread starter since you are involved first hand?

I dont want to turn the thread into politics -talk so lets live it like that.

Orochimaru >>>>>Akatsuki,
(#14 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-06-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Do you have any advice that might help for the thread starter since you are involved first hand?
To the thread starter: get a Zainichi-Korean partner.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-06-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
I think you should stay clear of both, support your son and also regulate the way you accept and give opinions...this issue tend to get touchy.

These two countries cant just shake and make up, it goes beyond diplomatic politics and culture.They act as if they're on separate continents *shakes head*
I totally agree with you their.

Nothing like playing mediator

I think the "hate" thing tends to lean more towards one's personal experiences within each culture.

It also hints at being a jealousy thing about who is copying who, fashion, food, which culture was first, etc.

Like I originally said, I think the wartime past plays a role mainly in the older generations between Japan and Korea.

I'm guessing many users are younger than I at 41 on this forum so all opinions would differ somewhat, even more so because Korea has experienced a huge change in the culture and the goverment is trying to push the wartime history away.

I can certainly understand the misunderstandings and facts behind Korean and Japanese people, I just wish it wasn't their.

Evryone likes to be friends, ne

Cheers - Oz
(#16 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-06-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
To the thread starter: get a Zainichi-Korean partner.
What's a "Zainichi-Korean" partner?

Cheers - Oz
(#17 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-06-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:

Generation difference.

I agree with Rison.

Your reply tends to lean to a very poilkitical side of things which would spell trouble for friend;ly opinions here.

Do you HONESTLY believe we are talking about North Korea

Cheers - Oz
(#18 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-06-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
What's a "Zainichi-Korean" partner?
在日韓国人 (zainichi kankokujin)... AKA Koreans living in Japan.

Koreans in Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Your reply tends to lean to a very poilkitical side of things which would spell trouble for friend;ly opinions here.

Do you HONESTLY believe we are talking about North Korea
Because Rison talked about politics in the first place. Don't blame me, I only replied to rison and that's it. I even avoid replying about politcs because rison said "I dont want to turn the thread into politics -talk so lets live it like that." to me.

So let's be calm in your thread, alright?
(#19 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-06-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
在日韓国人 (zainichi kankokujin)... AKA Koreans living in Japan.

Koreans in Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because Rison talked about politics in the first place. Don't blame me, I only replied to rison and that's it. I even avoid replying about politcs because rison said "I dont want to turn the thread into politics -talk so lets live it like that." to me.

So let's be calm in your thread, alright?
Alright. Then please read and reply on topic to my original post and let's leave North Korea out of it

Cheers - Oz
(#20 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-06-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Alright. Then please read and reply on topic to my original post and let's leave North Korea out of it
You can always teach your son to respect both countries/societies/cultures. He's still young and not "brainwashed" by emotional opposition.