JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Missing link revealed. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/25280-missing-link-revealed.html)

Jaydelart 05-21-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 720471)
Based on what reasoning?

Based on the reasoning that the Theory of Evolution is a theory.

ozkai 05-21-2009 05:24 PM

I think the reasons are because people need PROOF.

FeyOberon 05-21-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydelart (Post 720520)
the Theory of Evolution is a theory.

A fact overlooked by many, many people.

The find is incredible, though.

zorminus 05-21-2009 05:58 PM

I have always belived that God didn't create the humans and earth.
Its more like the Earth created Humans that created God.
( I belive we aren't meant to exist ,it's just temprature, oxygen and many other factors that created us)

Earth > Humans > God

MMM 05-21-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydelart (Post 720520)
Based on the reasoning that the Theory of Evolution is a theory.

So if something is a theory, you don't believe in it?

Jaydelart 05-21-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 720548)
So if something is a theory, you don't believe in it?

Not automatically. Theories are refutable.

MMM 05-21-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydelart (Post 720555)

Then refute evolution.

One thing people often don't realize is that the layperson definition of "theory" and the scientific definition of "theory" have two different meanings. Creationists and Intelligent Design believers have capitalized on this to confuse the masses. I won't go any further into that, but let's just say that scientists do NOT see evolution as refutable.

Some scientific explanations are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them. The explanation becomes a scientific theory. In everyday language a theory means a hunch or speculation. Not so in science. In science, the word theory refers to a comprehensive explanation of an important feature of nature supported by facts gathered over time. Theories also allow scientists to make predictions about as yet unobserved phenomena,

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. The theory of biological evolution is more than "just a theory." It is as factual an explanation of the universe as the atomic theory of matter or the germ theory of disease. Our understanding of gravity is still a work in progress. But the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is an accepted fact.

Theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iPhantom 05-21-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydelart (Post 720555)

Theories are not refutable because your mind thinks so. give some clues as to why we should refuse it.

FeyOberon 05-21-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 720572)
repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.

MMM, I respect you as one of the most intelligent and well spoken minds on this forum. However, it would be untrue to claim that evolution has ever been "confirmed through experiment," let alone "repeatedly."

Also, I thought religion was a taboo subject here? No one can say we aren't discussing religion -- evolution and religion are two sides of the same debate.

MMM 05-21-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeyOberon (Post 720596)
MMM, I respect you as one of the most intelligent and well spoken minds on this forum. However, it would be untrue to claim that evolution has ever been "confirmed through experiment," let alone "repeatedly."

Also, I thought religion was a taboo subject here? No one can say we aren't discussing religion -- evolution and religion are two sides of the same debate.

The fact that evolution exists has been confirmed through observation experiment. Things like the swine flu is just one of thousands of examples. Why is it that flu inoculations become ineffective after as little as a year? Because the flu becomes resistant to the inoculations. That is evolution.

We don't need to talk about religion to talk about evolution.