JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-22-2009, 05:51 AM

My eyes have been opened much wider by the logic of science then the "faith-based" system where I am asked to believe blindly.

Any system that rejects the notion of "proof" is a flawed one at best. At least science wears its doubts and flaws like a badge of honor.

Mefears I have said too much.

Last edited by MMM : 05-22-2009 at 06:37 AM.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

05-22-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
And you cannot prove the existence of a deity either. That's why religions are called "faith-based". That's where they creationist argument crumbles in a way in my eyes because creationists hold scientists to a higher standard than they hold their own faith. And, sadly, that is where the discussion ends.
According to you, "you can't prove the existence of a deity," which is a creationist flaw. But then, by not denying the statement that you can neither disprove the existence of a deity, I assume you agree with it? (Fill me in, please)

I'm convinced that neither side can prove they're correct, or that the other is incorrect. My reason is this: The evolutionist argument typically begins at the primordial soup and builds off from there. The creationist argument typically begins at the cause of all things; divine, intelligent creation. There seems to be a huge gap...

Divine, intelligent creation is the clear target for scrutiny from evolutionists, obviously... but, when I ask evolutionists about what happens before the primordial soup, instead of referring to the Big Bang, like I expect, they often give some evasive response, like "definitely not some guy in a dress, floating in the clouds" or "I don't care."
Why is this?

Holy crap, it's ivi.
Hi, ivi.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
Warning - 05-22-2009, 06:35 AM

This thread is turning into a religious debate, and will be closed accordingly if the religious aspect does not end.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-22-2009, 06:46 AM

Agreed Nyororin. I will watch my step.

Jaydealert, evolution is just that. To reject evolutionary theory because it doesn't explain the creation of the universe is like rejecting algebra because it doesn't explain the holes in quantum physics.

Evolution has nothing to do with the Big Bang Theory, the creation of the universe, the creation of Earth or the creation of life on Earth.

Evolution only covers life on earth since it existed and how life and livings things transpired from the first single-celled organism to the living world we see before us today.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

05-22-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
This thread is turning into a religious debate, and will be closed accordingly if the religious aspect does not end.
I plan on dropping this debate very soon, but I'm genuinely interested in reading the next response (if there will be one). Please excuse it. I have no intention on getting hostile.

おねがい!

Edit: Eh, too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Jaydealert, evolution is just that. To reject evolutionary theory because it doesn't explain the creation of the universe is like rejecting algebra because it doesn't explain the holes in quantum physics.

Evolution has nothing to do with the Big Bang Theory, the creation of the universe, the creation of Earth or the creation of life on Earth.

Evolution only covers life on earth since it existed and how life and livings things transpired from the first single-celled organism to the living world we see before us today.
I think that's where the competition between evolution and creationism disturbs me the most.
I'm still not convinced, but I understand, for the most part, where you're coming from.

... And, as promised (above), I now have to stop arguing. lol

Last edited by Jaydelart : 05-22-2009 at 07:08 AM.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
05-22-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
According to you, "you can't prove the existence of a deity," which is a creationist flaw. But then, by not denying the statement that you can neither disprove the existence of a deity, I assume you agree with it? (Fill me in, please)
Also Santa claus exists, so do Digimon and all anime! Bleh.

You don't need to disprove something that has not been proven.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#57 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

05-22-2009, 08:15 AM

so if evolutionism is a theory because it hasn't been proven wrong, why isn't creationism a theory also? And no one seemed to comment on why we don't find more "missing links"???
(#58 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-22-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Holy crap, it's ivi.
Hi, ivi.
Hey dude

Quote:
My eyes have been opened much wider by the logic of science then the "faith-based" system where I am asked to believe blindly.

Any system that rejects the notion of "proof" is a flawed one at best. At least science wears its doubts and flaws like a badge of honor.
Lol that depends on the religion. I hope you're not making sweeping statements about all of them.

Quote:
Agreed Nyororin. I will watch my step.

Yet Algebra works for many things other than Quantum Physics. It is the basis for so much technology today which is above the quantum level. That is because it deals with physics outside the nucleus of an atom.
Evolution doesn't work at all. Only Natural Selection does, which as i've said before, existed well before Evolution without there ever being any theory deriven for it.

Also now, you may or may not have heard.. they're saying the "Mongol" class of people (i.e. chinese etc) had a different link to everyone else. A month ago if you had blindly bet your life on science, right now you'd have lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
You don't need to disprove something that has not been proven.
Why is that contrary to what Jayd is trying to say? Afterall Evolution hasn't been proven either and that is what the whole debate about the subject stems from.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 05-22-2009 at 12:43 PM.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-22-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Yet Algebra works for many things other than Quantum Physics. It is the basis for so much technology today which is above the quantum level. That is because it deals with physics outside the nucleus of an atom.
Evolution doesn't work at all. Only Natural Selection does, which as i've said before, existed well before Evolution without there ever being any theory deriven for it.
Evolution doesn't work at all? Excuse me?

I'll remind you again that the field of medicine and biology rely on evolution to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Also now, you may or may not have heard.. they're saying the "Mongol" class of people (i.e. chinese etc) had a different link to everyone else. A month ago if you had blindly bet your life on science, right now you'd have lost.
What's your point there? It's already been established that science is self-correcting.

(AAAARGH! I wish I could debate religion on here! It's so frustrating! Please someone change the rules of the forum! I have so much more to say regarding some of the things being said here.)
(#60 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-22-2009, 04:42 PM

I really think they need to do more research,but it really too soon to tell. By looking at this picture it really looks just like an ordinary well-preseved lemur skeleton. And if it is really the missing link, then my question is this..why have we not find more like this? surely by now...Scientists should have more evidence, right?
Not trying to say they have not been searching for something like this, but if it is really evidence it should not be this hard to find...the true would have been reveal by now.

Another question would be if human do evolute...why are we not still evolving? Does evolution just stops???? Yes it might takes several years,but how long it that??? How long did it take for an animal to transform to a human?? It take steps in order to evolute, right? Why are there not people half human half something else now or show sign of evolving? Why do we continue to live shorter live spand even with the help of medicine and science?

History of the World
It actually been proven already from dna that all human came from a single human female....that's been proven with dna...
Not trying to be critical of people who believe in evolution but just trying to understand why you believe in it. There are SEVERALS HOLES (alot of holes actually) in evolution that are very much unexplained that need to be explain if it wants to be proven. And please do not be upset by my comments...just trying to understand.

Like in the article "If a lie is told often enough it eventually becomes believable; it’s called propaganda"
Closed Thread