LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-23-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Maybe you didn't read the whole thing about anti-biotics (i.e. bacteria), that I already addressed some time ago. That was that Bacteria is special and passes down its genetic makeup to the next generation, thereby leaving it immune to certain changes in their habitat. Only bacteria share this trait.
Haha... I'm no scientist.

But bacterial evolution shows change at a cellular level, and since we are all made up of cells... go figure.

Quote:
Yea that is my point.. so to have faith in it is just as "blind" as having faith in religion.
How so? If science is self correcting... then obviously the individual that "believes" in science is self correcting too.
(#72 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
05-23-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Yea that is my point.. so to have faith in it is just as "blind" as having faith in religion.
Science is based on evidence. Like I said before, if anyone makes studies regarding evolution they will come up with the same conclusion.

Faith on religion is blind because you don't have verifiable evidence. You can't examine it further.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#73 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

05-23-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
There could be a million reasons why. Maybe they all burned to ashes in a volcanic eruption. Maybe they were swallowed miles down in a earthquake. Maybe there weren't very many of them or they were located in a limited area because of predators, geography.
Volcanic eruptions and earthquakes cover only a small area. The world is a big place and its hard to believe they only lived in one area on the entire planet. Dinosaurs were apparently wiped off the face of the earth by meteors or something, yet we can still find tons of bones from them.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-23-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPaq View Post
Volcanic eruptions and earthquakes cover only a small area. The world is a big place and its hard to believe they only lived in one area on the entire planet. Dinosaurs were apparently wiped off the face of the earth by meteors or something, yet we can still find tons of bones from them.
Why? Kangaroos still only live in Australia. There are lots of plants and berries that only grow in my corner of the US. There are some species that live on on single small islands in the tropics.

We just don't know.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

05-23-2009, 07:34 PM

How come the previous "missing" links that we found have been in areas all over the world then?
(#76 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-23-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
How come the previous "missing" links that we found have been in areas all over the world then?
Different missing links are from different points in history and are not the same animals.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

05-23-2009, 08:13 PM

Thats kind of confusing to me, would you mind explaining more on that? I've always thought it to be a linear evolution
(#78 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-23-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Thats kind of confusing to me, would you mind explaining more on that? I've always thought it to be a linear evolution
Linear? I am not sure what you mean.

This article explains it in pretty easy-to-understand terms.

Salt Lake City Freethinking Examiner: Evolution Explained#1: In the beginning...

These two are more continuing discussions and misconceptions

Salt Lake City Freethinking Examiner: Evolution Explained #2: Misperceptions and predictions

Salt Lake City Freethinking Examiner: Evolution Explained #3: Fundamental Unity
(#79 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

05-23-2009, 09:53 PM

Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood your previous statement. But if they were all over the place that means they weren't in one small area. Linear as in ape->missing link->to human. and its strange how only human intelligence improved drastically among every other specie, huh?
(#80 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
05-23-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood your previous statement. But if they were all over the place that means they weren't in one small area. Linear as in ape->missing link->to human. and its strange how only human intelligence improved drastically among every other specie, huh?
Evolution isn't the same for all species. That is why all animals have not the same intellect.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
Closed Thread