JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

Smile Spell out your good experiences and good things in Japan. - 05-17-2009, 02:58 PM

Lost Oakley sungalsses being returned to JR lost property.

Such an honest country

Manners are simply amazing.

Skill and workmanship is five star.

My scooter not being used for six months when I was working in Bangkok. Took it to the mechanic, immediately went to work, took the whole, not kidding, the ENTIRE engine, bolt to bolt apart, cleaned absolutely evrything from spring to screw, drained the tank, all back together, and VOILA, as good as new

The people are fantastic.

Countryside hospitality is just so warm.

I could write a book

Tell us your story about POSITIVE experiences, good things that happened, and just anything good that is why YOU like Japan.

Please, negative parts for the chat thread

Cheers - Oz
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-17-2009, 10:56 PM

I thought users would be more positive

Cheers - Oz
(#3 (permalink))
Old
wasabijuice (Offline)
JF Regular

05-18-2009, 12:29 AM

too many to list,

Once some friends and I were having a picnic in the mountains, it started to rain and we were huddling under the back door of the van deciding what to do. A caravan of cars came by and said "hey come with us, we're having a party" we said what the hey, and followed them to giant, rustic old cabin on top of a mountain. They had bands and food and it went all night, lots of interesting people and conversations from all over the place, they didn't ask us for anything , but gave us everything.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
NAPS (Offline)
New to JF

05-18-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabijuice View Post
too many to list,

Once some friends and I were having a picnic in the mountains, it started to rain and we were huddling under the back door of the van deciding what to do. A caravan of cars came by and said "hey come with us, we're having a party" we said what the hey, and followed them to giant, rustic old cabin on top of a mountain. They had bands and food and it went all night, lots of interesting people and conversations from all over the place, they didn't ask us for anything , but gave us everything.
Cool, ive never been so i cant share any good experiences from Japan. But ill share this even though its sortof off topic lol. About 2 months ago i went to a club called blueprint to see "DJ Krome & Mr.Time" and "Stenchman", 9:00pm - 6:00am i was raving all night and got very smashed and THEN this guy said to me there was an afterparty going on in a mansion not too far away, i was like "eh? What the hell its like 6:30am im battered", well i went anyway only to find DJ Krome & Mr.Time there blasting some more music until 10:00am. Wicked...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JBaymore (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-18-2009, 12:47 AM

I've spent over a year living in Japan (out of the last 13 years).... and like is mentioned above... to do justice to this idea would literally require a book.

Amazing country, amazing people.

If you haven't gone.... go. If you've been there.... you know.

best,

...............john

PS: And yes... I'm not totally naieve..... I know there are "issues". But there are issues everywhere.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-18-2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabijuice View Post
too many to list,

They had bands and food and it went all night, lots of interesting people and conversations from all over the place, they didn't ask us for anything , but gave us everything.
Great stuff, loving it

John, we need a book out their on the JP bookshelves, maybe?

Cheers - Oz
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SaintKat (Offline)
Veni Vidi Vicious

Talking 05-18-2009, 03:56 AM

When I was about 11 my mum was a private english tutor for a trio of strudents from Japan. They were such wonderful people it made me want to know more about them and their culture.

Nobody is perfect.
I am nobody.
Therefore, I am perfect.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

05-18-2009, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintKat View Post
When I was about 11 my mum was a private english tutor for a trio of strudents from Japan. They were such wonderful people it made me want to know more about them and their culture.
Availability of everything, whenever, wherever (goes for Tokyo).

Safety.

People dare to live out their weird fantasies.

なんでやねん!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-18-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintKat View Post
That's lovely

It's such a great place and the memories that come back after you have lived their are so beautiful.

Do you plan on visiting, studies, etc.?

Cheers - Oz
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-18-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post

Safety.
yes, Indeed

Cheers - Oz