LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-31-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
The JSDF spokesman said that Japan will not perform a preemptive strike against North Korea.
I think that the spokesman is speaking in the context of the current events rather than saying that Japan will never preemptively strike NK.

This debate has been going on in Japan and if I remember correctly.. the only thing stopping Japan reforming it's pacifist constitution is the effect it might have on the region. But I truly believe that Japan has the right to pre-emptive strike in this context. And I believe it will rush through ammendments or reform if it felt that it was under serious threat.

Quote:
The South Korean and US military are not even planning an attack against North Korea.
Again... if you are speaking in relation to current events then that is probably the case.

But if not... you do realise that the pentagon draws up contigency plans for every possible scenario don't you? To say that they aren't even planning an attack against North Korea is right only because an attack has already been planned.

Quote:
The North Korean media organ, KCNA, specifically mentioned that North Korea is ready only if American/South Korean/Japanese army attacks North Korea.
And if I remember correctly.. North Korea constitutes a search of one of it's vessels as an attack on North Korea as it claimed the other day when it learnt that South Korea would help the US intercept North Korean ships to search for contraband. Actually I believe that it said that it would be a "declaration of war".

So really... it's hard to say what an attack means to NK.

Quote:
Conclusion: Nothing's going to happen and we know this very well right now. Especially the evidence of a nuclear substance measured is inconclusive, I don't see why the world needs another war.
Well nothing has happened yet. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks to see if action of any sort can be taken against North Korea by the International Community.
(#102 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-31-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
If so, I hope NK counterattacks with a nuclear bomb RIGHT ON your house... so you wouldn't even have time to rethink about what you said.
let me say that one more time kiddo!

I think Ronin would like to see some serious action taken against North Korea, and so would I.

Cheers - Oz
(#103 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

05-31-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy0000 View Post
There is nothing 'inconclusive' about the N. Korean nuclear program or the recent tests, they are 'epic fail' with N. Korean missile tests that fail more often than not. With western media fanning the fantasy that N. Korea is a bigger threat than it really is? Israel for example has a hundreds of nuclear bombs, does not allow AEC or U.N., any third party inspect it's facilities. On top of that it repeatedly invades it's neighbors and violates U.N. resolutions without equal. Go figure?
Since 1994 - The United States under G.Bush #41 On October 21, 1994, the United States and North Korea signed an agreement-the Agreement provided
a framework for N.Korea to recieve oil, and at least 2 lightwater reactors with
other incentives if N.Korea would freeze their nuclear developement program.
Since that time N.Korea wether you believe they cheated or not - never recieved the 2 light water reactors and oil deliverys were suspended way back in 2000' . Disfunctional as N. Korea is the US and the West have a double standard and are just as disfunctional with dealing honestly.

Former US President Says US Scuttled 1994 Agreement With North Korea
By VOA News
03 November 2006

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter says the Bush administration is at fault for the collapse of a 1994 agreement with North Korea about its nuclear weapons program.

In an interview with Bloomberg news agency, Mr. Carter said it is incorrect to say Pyongyang cheated on the agreement, under which Pyongyang agreed to freeze its nuclear weapons program, put its spent fuel rods in cold storage and allow international nuclear inspectors into the country.

Mr. Carter said the United States effectively abandoned the agreement in 2002 when President Bush labeled North Korea as part of a so-called "axis of evil" along with Iran and Iraq.

The former president, who now heads a peace and human rights organization in the southern United States, called for direct talks between the United States and North Korea, something the U.S. has shunned in the past.

North Korea agreed this week to return to six-nation talks aimed at ending its nuclear program. The talks have been stalled for a year.
First of all

How are the tests "epic fail"?

Second.. I believe that the US has shunned direct talks with NK in the past because of objections by it's allies in the region. But if Obama can get around that obstacle then I'm sure he'd meet with them.

I'm aware of the broken promises made by previous administrations. But it doesn't justify or apologise for North Korea's actions. (I believe the deal Carter made was in order to avert a war... and Carter made it just in time apparently as Clinton was moments away from pulling the trigger on North Korea)
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

05-31-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post

I think Ronin would like to see some serious action taken against North Korea, and so would I.
Exactly... I don't see why people have a problem with us saying this?
(#105 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-31-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:

Then I will repeat what iPhantom mentioned:

Quote:
Quote:
If so, I hope NK counterattacks with a nuclear bomb RIGHT ON your house... so you wouldn't even have time to rethink about what you said.
You mentioned this in this thread: My partner is South Korean. Her parents house is very close to the North Korean border and she can actually see North Korea.

If you cared about your partner's parents, you should never endorse a war against North Korea because the very moment the war sparks, South Koreans living near the DMZ (that includes Seoulites) will instantly be dead.

Last edited by komitsuki : 05-31-2009 at 11:08 AM.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-31-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Then I will repeat what iPhantom mentioned:

You mentioned this in this thread: My partner is South Korean. Her parents house is very close to the North Korean border and she can actually see North Korea.

If you cared about your partner's parents, you should never endorse a war against North Korea because the very moment the war sparks, South Koreans living near the DMZ (that includes Seoulites) will instantly be dead.
The country cannot stop for her parents!

We will take care of them in Australia. Oh yes, and I do very much care for her parents. Spoke to them tonight on the telephone

The border areas, will I'm SURE, be moved back beforehand.. What do you think, the Americans and Koreans are stupid!

Just because you live in Canada now, doesn't give you the right to act like them

Onion Ho sayo

Cheers - Oz
(#107 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-31-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
The country cannot stop for her parents!
Ad hoc too much?

Quote:
The border areas, will I'm SURE, be moved back beforehand.. What do you think, the Americans and Koreans are stupid!
I don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Just because you live in Canada now, doesn't give you the right to act like them
So? Half of my relatives live in Seoul. Still contacting them and they still support NO TO WAR.

Quote:
Onion Ho sayo
Your Korean Romanization need some fixing.
(#108 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-31-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Ad hoc too much?

I don't know what you are talking about.

So? Half of my relatives live in Seoul. Still contacting them and they still support NO TO WAR.

Your Korean Romanization need some fixing.
Holy shite!

You and the quotes! getting as bad as other's here..

Umm, meaning, the borders residents will be moved before the war. Are you stupid!

Do you think they will sit on the border and wait for the guns!

Please, open a thread regarding Pakistan and the Taliban

Cheers - Oz
(#109 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-31-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Holy shite!
You could explain in an easier way. Not necessarily saying "holy shit".

Quote:
Same as yours.

Quote:
Umm, meaning, the borders residents will be moved before the war. Are you stupid!
You're stupid enough to support a war, of course. That's sad, isn't it, mate?

Quote:
Do you know that North Korean artillery barrage is the worst obstacle for South Korea and USA to strike North Korea? All targeting the civilian area from the North.

Sure, if you going to pay my relatives to move to Canada, rich Aussie.

Quote:
What do you know about Pakistan and the Taleban? You speak Urdu? Pashtun? Punjabi? Sindhi? Are you a Sunni Muslim practicing Hanafi madhab? (oh yes, I live in a semi Muslim community)

I don't know what are you intending to say. Your response is no better than mine or others'.

Last edited by komitsuki : 05-31-2009 at 01:08 PM.
(#110 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-31-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Gentlemen, keep the comments on topic. Any more insults or personal attacks ...one more... and this thread is shut down.

If you are mature enough to discuss this topic than you should be mature enough to not fling poo at each other.
Quote:
Quote:
Holy shite!

Quote:
You're stupid enough to support a war, of course. That's sad, isn't it, mate?

Sure, if you going to pay my relatives to move to Canada, rich Aussie.
I gave you a chance guys, and you have proven that you are not mature enough to discuss this without being insulting to each other.

Thread closed.

This would be a good time to say, "I told you so."

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 05-31-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Closed Thread