JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   North Korea's nuclear test (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/25416-north-koreas-nuclear-test.html)

komitsuki 05-26-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 722407)
I totally agree with you Ronin and I can never see it happening now or into the future.

It will not gonna happen. There had been this incidents several times ever since 1960s.

The South Korean public is more worried about throwing out the current South Korean president for doing a bad diplomacy to the North.

Why would North Korea bother conducting a very inconvenient war when North Korea only needs to do a passive propaganda warfare within the heart of the South Korean public? With all those political controversy in South Korea, South Korea is already fighting an indirect civil war that doesn't need North Korean military.

xYinniex 05-26-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangetsu (Post 722405)
This situation has nothing to do with South Korea, or even North Korea for that matter. Before we start talking about actions and reactions to North Korea's nuclear tests, you have to remember that the only reason there has been no real action against them is because of the interference of China and Russia.

It is China and Russia which have threatened to veto any vote of UN sanctions against North Korea, and it is because of China and Russia that America cannot take direct action.

North Korea is merely a pawn being played against the west. They move when they are told,

Wow, cold war paranoia much?
Actually, it's been said that China has also warned North Korea because those missiles and bombs are terrifyingly close to the chinese, they don't want to be bombed either.

ozkai 05-26-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 722408)
You have a head of UN who is a South Korean... who don't like to see a war in his home country, South Korea, according to one of his interviews long time ago.

I'm sure that many South and North Korean's don't want a war, which is fully understandable, but what are the choices?

Should the neighbours wait until he has 50 bombs?

komitsuki 05-26-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 722400)
You think that because North Koreans are seen as "brothers" in that they belong to the same nation... that justifies appeasing North Korea.

Yes because both countries are brothers. What's wrong with the notion? Are you offended because I said about a connection between North and South Korea being brothers? By the way you word things, it seems that you don't even care about South Korea being affiliated to North Korea. Like you said last time:

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/gene...tml#post696867

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 696867)
Learn to read. I said I 've never once, NOT considered South Korea's perspective. (Basically it means I've been considering the SK perspective the whole time)

You seem to care about South Korea and considering South Korea's perspective... but you frown upon South Koreans like me who want to stay connected with North Korea?

I don't see you caring South Korea from above. Sad.

Forgive me, but I don't think you have a nice intention of opening your thread about this. It seems that you want to vent out your anger to a country opposite of the globe that is unrelated to you... well, shamefully New Zealand indeed has a full diplomatic relationship with North Korea... for a first world British Commonwealth country.

komitsuki 05-26-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 722414)
I'm sure that many South and North Korean's don't want a war, which is fully understandable, but what are the choices?

Should the neighbours wait until he has 50 bombs?

Because North Korea is not stupid enough to wage a war.

ozkai 05-26-2009 11:07 AM

Just out of curiosity komitsuki, what is your nationality?

My partner is South Korean. Her parents house is very close to the North Korean border and she can actually see North Korea.

Her parents lease their spare land to the South Korean Army.

Obviously if a war was going to happen, the South Korean population nearest to the borders would have to be cleared for the safety of the people.

Does Ronin and other's here actually know that conscription in South Korea is a fact?

I've had some ionteresting conversations with Korean students in Cairns regarding their army service.

ozkai 05-26-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 722416)
Because North Korea is not stupid enough to wage a war.

But how do we know?

The scariest part is that they have nuclear arsenal.

They have proven again and again that they cannot be trusted.

The negotiating phase has been exausted for to long and Kim just keeps playing mind games.

Nobody took any notice of Hitler and the build up of Germany's arsenal until it was to late!

komitsuki 05-26-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 722419)
Just out of curiosity komitsuki, what is your nationality?

Je suis Canadienne. Yes I switched my nationality from South Korean to Canadian. Got disqualified by the physical examination from the South Korean military because of my internal problems.

Quote:

Does Ronin and other's here actually know that conscription in South Korea is a fact?
Ask them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 722422)
But how do we know?

North Korean society is too stagnated that even a slightest change with a huge event (like a new war) will collapse North Korea. This is why you see those interesting North Korean policies.

Quote:

The scariest part is that they have nuclear arsenal.
I don't think they can even wage a war when they don't even master its own missile technology with their limited resources.

Quote:

They have proven again and again that they cannot be trusted.
North Korean government structure doesn't know how to communicate with other "free" governments. It has been already a proven fact.

Quote:

The negotiating phase has been exausted for to long and Kim just keeps playing mind games.
This nuclear test is also a guaranteed action for his successor, his third son, to be the next leader.

Quote:

Nobody took any notice of Hitler and the build up of Germany's arsenal until it was to late!
But Hitler was democratically elected. And there's a scary fact.

ozkai 05-26-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 722428)

But Hitler was democratically elected. And there's a scary fact.

that's a good point and that is indeed scary.

komitsuki 05-26-2009 11:21 AM

North Korea's nuclear test at the moment coincides with ex-president Roh's funeral ceremony.

It's not a mere coincidence. North Korea knows that a sparking controversy in South Korea was formed. And North Korea just lit the fuse to bring more chain events of controversies in South Korea (like approving PSI).

North Korea doesn't need to shoot a painful single bullet to demoralize South Korea right now as of right now.

Not to mention China already warned North Korea right now.