JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-26-2009, 06:13 AM

Since my grandpa is a Korean war vet, he is very opposed about a new war with North Korea. You see why, Ronin?

Foreign vets in Korean war are too darn proud to fight the war... however, South Korean vets don't understand why the foreign vets are proud. I've seen many young people who admire those foreign vets in that war and say that there should be another war in the peninsula all over again. This is a very sad state of impression outside of South Korea.

Ronin, your little suggestion of war is a havoc. I have nothing against you, but please don't make a fool out of yourself.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-26-2009, 06:36 AM

Just to change the mood here, here's a very funny thing.

July 4 2006 = DPRK shoot 4 missiles.
May 25 2009 = DPRK did second nuclear experiment part deux.

All during Americans favorite holidays.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

05-26-2009, 09:59 AM

OK I see how it is.

You think that because war is bad... that justifies appeasing North Korea.

You think that because North Koreans are seen as "brothers" in that they belong to the same nation... that justifies appeasing North Korea.

I'm sorry but those are weak justifications

Whatever you may think about my support for military action against NK (and I only support them in the sense that if they were to be carried out I would support it rather than I believe military action is necessarily the best option), appeasement is not an acceptable long term policy.

Steps need to be taken to collapse the North Korean regime... this nuclear test to me, signifies that whatever steps the International community are taking and in particular, Japan, SK and USA. They are not working.

On a side note

-I don't believe you speak for the South Korean population. In fact if I remember correctly, you are an ethnic Korean but a Chinese national no? Is it possible that you're a North Korean apologist?.. Hey just asking because the above justifications are actually really weak.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

05-26-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Just to change the mood here, here's a very funny thing.

July 4 2006 = DPRK shoot 4 missiles.
May 25 2009 = DPRK did second nuclear experiment part deux.

All during Americans favorite holidays.
Yeah real funny.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-26-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
You think that because war is bad... that justifies appeasing North Korea.
Doesn't everybody think like that? It's better than being a warmonger like you who even admit your cluelessness of South Korean domestic politics.

Quote:
You think that because North Koreans are seen as "brothers" in that they belong to the same nation... that justifies appeasing North Korea.
Yes, is that a problem? Just because I don't have any problem with North Korea, you assume that I have to hate a country? I even praised the deceased president Roh from my last post that I am not even antagonizing a specific country.

I'm trying to make sense in a neutral way.

Quote:
I'm sorry but those are weak justifications
Same to you.

Quote:
Whatever you may think about my support for military action against NK (and I only support them in the sense that if they were to be carried out I would support it rather than I believe military action is the best option), appeasement is not an acceptable long term policy.
Deal with it. You can't change South Korea's public opinion.

Quote:
Steps need to be taken to collapse the North Korean regime... this nuclear test to me, signifies that whatever steps the International community are taking and in particular, Japan, SK and USA. They are not working.
South Korea, China, Russia, Japan, and USA don't want to collapse the current North Korean regime. Why? It'll be a huge disaster in East Asia.

Why do you think that America don't want to invade North Korea for decades?

Quote:
-I don't believe you speak for the South Korean population. In fact if I remember correctly, you are an ethnic Korean but a Chinese national no?
I'm a South Korean (born in South Korea) who still have a direct ancestry in NE China. And what's wrong with this? What's wrong with my Chinese connection?

There are lots of people like me in South Korea. What's wrong with it? Are you a racist?

Quote:
Is it possible that you're a North Korean apologist?
Neutral. A lot of South Koreans don't like their own government. And why bother prasing North Korea as a South Korean?

Neutral is the way since both extreme sides are very unproductively negative.

Quote:
Hey just asking because the above justifications are actually really weak.
And your justification is much weaker than mine.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

05-26-2009, 10:12 AM

This situation has nothing to do with South Korea, or even North Korea for that matter. Before we start talking about actions and reactions to North Korea's nuclear tests, you have to remember that the only reason there has been no real action against them is because of the interference of China and Russia.

It is China and Russia which have threatened to veto any vote of UN sanctions against North Korea, and it is because of China and Russia that America cannot take direct action.

North Korea is merely a pawn being played against the west. They move when they are told,
(#17 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-26-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
This situation has nothing to do with South Korea, or even North Korea for that matter. Before we start talking about actions and reactions to North Korea's nuclear tests, you have to remember that the only reason there has been no real action against them is because of the interference of China and Russia.

It is China and Russia which have threatened to veto any vote of UN sanctions against North Korea, and it is because of China and Russia that America cannot take direct action.

North Korea is merely a pawn being played against the west. They move when they are told,
Not really. China and Russia don't want North Korea to collapse or else there will be a huge security crisis in both of these countries because of possible massive refugees.

Remember, the North Korean government don't respect the Chinese government and she takes this Chinese benefit for granted because China is concerned about her own security to fulfill supporting North Korea.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-26-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
OK I'll start it.

channelnewsasia.com - World fury over North Korea nuclear bomb test

What are people's reactions?

My thoughts?

The Korean war never ended and this is the result of decades of appeasement and attempted reconciliation. What we are dealing with is an oppressive regime with no regard for it's own citizens.

We've been waiting for North Korea's regime to implode for a long time... It's not going to happen anytime soon.

If the US is considering attacking North Korea then it should do so soon before North Korea actually acquires the technology to deliver a nuclear payload.

I would wholeheartedly support an attack on North Korea.
I totally agree with you Ronin and I can never see it happening now or into the future.

As the KCNA often reports, it is the hostile stance by the Americans that stands in the way to reconciliation between the two Koreas. That i'm afraid aint going to chage either!

I think it definitely needs to be a joing operation, although surely that is guaranteed.

I'm sure no country in the regioin would disagree with America taking the lead charge if military action gets underway.

North Korea is extremely dangerous, and unlike other similar situations as in Burma (Mynamar), you have a government who often makes threats, and now that have the "bomb", surely now is the time to do something serious about this.

Cheers - Oz
(#19 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

05-26-2009, 10:24 AM

You have a head of UN who is a South Korean... who don't like to see a war in his home country, South Korea, according to one of his interviews long time ago.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-26-2009, 10:36 AM

Along the current path, it will almost undoubted lead to an joint-military operation against North Korea. No country will stand to let themselves be threatened by an rouge-nation with the ability and the presence to potentially extort them with nuclear threat. Secondly most knowledgeable nations know exactly where this is going to end up, i.e. in the hands of someone who will actually nuke an nation. In the end this situation is coming to an head and if North Korea doesn't change, the world will change it.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
Closed Thread