LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kolululover (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to kolululover
Petition To Learn Japanese - 11-16-2011, 12:26 AM

Hi everyone! ^^
Today, a couple of people and I were thinking about making an official petition to try and get Japanese as a more common language taught in schools. So indeed, we did .
It would be very helpful if you took five minutes out of your time to sign our petition. If you don't, please spread the word!
Thank you!
Here is the link: http://wh.gov/jrg
ありがとうございます!

どんな瞬間だって運命だって 
ひとつだけ確かなものがあると知った 
限界だって困難だって あきらめたくないよ  
このまま離さないで 
かたく握りしめた 君の右手のぬくもり 
ここにあるから
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Darketernal (Offline)
New to JF

11-19-2011, 01:43 AM

alright im gonna sign it =)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Darketernal (Offline)
New to JF

11-19-2011, 01:48 AM

Ok i signed it but i didn't like the whole registration process, i think it should be just possible to log and sign via twitter or something, but oh well i signed it so.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-19-2011, 01:51 AM

I'll sign your petition but only if they teach Japanese without kanji. It's far too illogical for my feeble mind.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
NinjaCrab (Offline)
New to JF

11-19-2011, 12:15 PM

Sounds pretty unserious to me. What do you hope to accomplish by having some strangers signing an online petition?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
vikkaboo (Offline)
New to JF

11-19-2011, 05:12 PM

Honestly, this probably isn't the best way to get Japanese taught in more schools. The government doesn't decide what languages our schools provide for us. Its up to your school district.

I heard that in the northern U.S. Japanese is provided for more schools, as well as states that are along the Pacific rim. So even if your petition was to reach its goal it wouldn't have an effect... It would still be up to your school or school district.

The best thing to do would be to have a petition at YOUR own school. Have as many people sign it as possible. Then, after you have received a substantial amount of signatures, show it your principle or talk with your school district's Board of Education.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Cyrus (Offline)
New to JF

11-20-2011, 10:26 AM

I'll sign if you fix all the spelling errors. I would have loved to study it in highschool.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MoneyMan68 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to MoneyMan68
11-20-2011, 07:33 PM

you're welcome .

as always, more information about what i do is in my blog.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-20-2011, 07:58 PM

Why should I care about kids who are having a better time than I did in the wrong country? I could have took Chinese for GCSE had I been a year younger.

I'm sorry,I normally do sign these things but I was disappointed by it.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
sweetokyo (Offline)
JF Regular

11-20-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolululover View Post
Hi everyone! ^^
Today, a couple of people and I were thinking about making an official petition to try and get Japanese as a more common language taught in schools. So indeed, we did .
It would be very helpful if you took five minutes out of your time to sign our petition. If you don't, please spread the word!
Thank you!
Here is the link: http://wh.gov/jrg
ありがとうございます!
I would love if this actually went through, but I dont think it will. Only because other languages are for more important to learn, like Spanish. One is most likely to need to know Spanish rather then Japanese. You should also consider an after school club for people who want to learn Japanese. The school can provide the club with some Japanese language books. It can also be about the Japanese culture and who knows, maybe you guys can all visit there someday

I don't have a facebook.