JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

05-27-2009, 08:06 PM

I find it to only be a plus.

I can eat anything i want. I do excercise (not sure if that makes a difference) and I still way a healthy 159.0 like I always have ^ ^

(#12 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
05-27-2009, 08:29 PM

Same mindset that I have..I mean, I keep my weight at 130 lbs. and I eat what I want...but most of the time I skateboard for like 10 hours a day.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#13 (permalink))
Old
InuAisu (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to InuAisu
05-27-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Oh yes there is.

Hell, it's even worse than if you had a low metabolism. You're 99% unhealthy, and the bad thing is, you can't tell if you are or not.

I have a low metabolism, but atleast I have an idea of how unhealthy I am. *Grin*
Totally!!! Keeping on top of health with a high metabolism is easy--- Be pescetarian(totallyspelledwrong)!! And take one iron supplement a day! ^-^
I have a high metabolism now too. Aparently my dad had one when he was younger. It may be a curse because he's fat now because he got into bad eating habits that he couldn't break when his metabolism did! D: Poor Daddy... I'm afraid its going to happen to me so I should probably start dieting now... DX
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
05-27-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuAisu View Post
Totally!!! Keeping on top of health with a high metabolism is easy--- Be pescetarian(totallyspelledwrong)!! And take one iron supplement a day! ^-^
I have a high metabolism now too. Aparently my dad had one when he was younger. It may be a curse because he's fat now because he got into bad eating habits that he couldn't break when his metabolism did! D: Poor Daddy... I'm afraid its going to happen to me so I should probably start dieting now... DX
Eh, just learn when your metabolism starts to slows down that you need to slow down and you should be alright.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#15 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

05-27-2009, 11:03 PM

I swear female metabolism is slower than that of a males.
Siigh
I think I have average metabolism, not too low and not too high.

Stupid hormones that make me crave and eat. >.>

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#16 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
05-27-2009, 11:17 PM

I was thinking exactly what Salv said. You cannot eat whatever you want when you have a high metabolism. Even though you're not putting on weight, you ARE getting extremely unhealthy. It doesn't matter how high or low your metabolism is, you should eat as healthy as possible. I am, right now, 119 lb, and I, usually, exercise regularly.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

05-27-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Oh yes there is.

Hell, it's even worse than if you had a low metabolism. You're 99% unhealthy, and the bad thing is, you can't tell if you are or not.

I have a low metabolism, but atleast I have an idea of how unhealthy I am. *Grin*
True...
Except, for a second there, it kind of sounded like you were calling me 99% unhealthy.
And, if that were true, that would make you +100% unhealthy... since I'm probably healthier than you are.

I think it's a bit of a blessing and a curse.
Like Sal pointed out, having a high motabolism doesn't necessarily mean you are safe from eating junk. If you eat too much, the results can be more subtle than if you had a low metabolism -- theoretically.

I'm conscious of my intake and exercise regularly, so I'm just playing with the thought.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

05-27-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
True...
Except, for a second there, it kind of sounded like you were calling me 99% unhealthy.
And, if that were true, that would make you +100% unhealthy... since I'm probably healthier than you are.

I think it's a bit of a blessing and a curse.
Like Sal pointed out, having a high motabolism doesn't necessarily mean you are safe from eating junk. If you eat too much, the results can be more subtle than if you had a low metabolism -- theoretically.

I'm conscious of my intake and exercise regularly, so I'm just playing with the thought.
Sorry, I worded it wrong. I meant, the chance of someone with a high metabolism being unhealthy is around 99% easily.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Sachiko (Offline)
*waves*

05-27-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
I swear female metabolism is slower than that of a males.
Siigh
I think I have average metabolism, not too low and not too high.

Stupid hormones that make me crave and eat. >.>
haha i am so with you on that one.
i mean... have you ever watched some guys eat!! :\
and they don't gain a pound!!....
Why not me god!?

-_-"

damn, i wish i could eat that much.

sure has been a while...
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-28-2009, 12:06 AM

Personally, I don't like it. But I think my high metabolism might be do to thyroid problems. I get so tired of people telling me that I'm lucky for having high metabolism. No, not really. It's not fun when you can't gain any weight.