JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
05-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
Personally, I don't like it. But I think my high metabolism might be do to thyroid problems. I get so tired of people telling me that I'm lucky for having high metabolism. No, not really. It's not fun when you can't gain any weight.
I mean, my isn't as high as some peoples, I'm sure if I ate the way I do and didn't skate and get out so much that I would put on some weight.
The fact that I eat mounds of fruit helps too I suppose.

And as for the girls..eating as much as some of us do and not getting full isn't that great haha.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#22 (permalink))
Old
KikiBunny23 (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to KikiBunny23 Send a message via MSN to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Yahoo to KikiBunny23 Send a message via Skype™ to KikiBunny23
05-28-2009, 02:07 AM

curse curse curse!!! i have always weighed like 80-90lbs until i got in 9th grade where i hit 100 (this yr) and everyone always says I look like 90lbs still!

and this is serious, i ate at my dads the other day and about 5hrs later, i weighed myself...105lbs. I went to bed and when I woke up and ate breakfast, after waitin a lil while...I weighed myself again 103lbs. And I woke up early cus I had to get home but I snuck in a weight check...100lbs

I almost screamed, I've been tryin to keep my weight up but it keeps gettin lower and lower. I hate it, I can almost compare (appearance size) to my 12yr old sister who weighs like 85lbs.

I don't get how anyone could see it as a blessing...my dad has a very fast metabolism and hes weighed like 100-somethin for the past 16yrs (he's like 45-48 not sure) I hope I don't keep the same weight my whole life...I hate lookin like some anorexic person...and thats what all the people at my school call me >.<

/rant
(#23 (permalink))
Old
kMal (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to kMal
05-28-2009, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachiko View Post
haha i am so with you on that one.
i mean... have you ever watched some guys eat!! :\
and they don't gain a pound!!....
Why not me god!?

-_-"

damn, i wish i could eat that much.
Mehehe one of those guys is me!
I have a medium metabolism. I never eat candy or fast food, so that helps a lot too.

music reflects the soul of the man
(#24 (permalink))
Old
InuAisu (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to InuAisu
05-28-2009, 02:45 AM

A sad fact of life for yalls:::: guys burn 19% more calories than girls on average... every little bit counts!!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
05-28-2009, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuAisu View Post
A sad fact of life for yalls:::: guys burn 19% more calories than girls on average... every little bit counts!!
I haven't heard that before, thanks for the info, meaning guys have to work less to burn fat. Understandable I suppose.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-28-2009, 07:41 AM

I was told "When you hit 20 you'll wish you couldn't gain weight." I hit my mid 20's and was told "When you hit 30 you'll wish you couldn't gain weight." Now I'm 30 and being told "When you hit 40 you'll wish you couldn't gain weight." ....what's next? "When your dead you'll wish you couldn't gain weight."?
(#27 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-28-2009, 08:13 AM

I have an unusually high metabolism rate despite I don't exercise that much.

Strange. This is despite I'm a pyshically stressed guy because of my respiratory problem since birth.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
05-28-2009, 12:39 PM

I just turned 30 and my metabolism has stayed the same. My weight fluctuates between 165lbs and 170lbs but im also tall im 6'1" i dont look seriously skin just slender. But some times it is a curse you would never guess i was 30 if you saw me i always get 22 or 23.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-28-2009, 04:53 PM

Unless you have a disabling disease that causes you to be underweight, no.

Anyone who thinks having an active metabolism is a curse are clearly seeking attention.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-28-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I just turned 30 and my metabolism has stayed the same. My weight fluctuates between 165lbs and 170lbs but im also tall im 6'1" i dont look seriously skin just slender. But some times it is a curse you would never guess i was 30 if you saw me i always get 22 or 23.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 30, 5'10" and 120 to 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post
Unless you have a disabling disease that causes you to be underweight, no.

Anyone who thinks having an active metabolism is a curse are clearly seeking attention.
How am I seeking attention by getting tired of people always saying that it must be nice to be so skinny?