JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SaintKat (Offline)
Veni Vidi Vicious

06-15-2009, 07:52 AM

I don't mind otaku at all. I think of them as enthusiasts, much the same way other people are mad about cars or stamp collecting. They're not hurting anyone.

Nobody is perfect.
I am nobody.
Therefore, I am perfect.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-15-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Btw, since when are people labeled Anti-Otaku?
lol since this thread I guess, I haven't heard it used before. I just needed a term to describe the people that don't like otaku.

LOVE: pass it on
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Sasahara (Offline)
New to JF

06-15-2009, 12:12 PM

Their is nothing wrong with Otaku unless they get carried away and think that the only thing to japan is Anime/Jpop.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-15-2009, 01:55 PM

The only thing that bothers me about them is when they say "I'm 14 and moving to Japan and giving up my citizenship to be a (insert ninja, manga artist, or some other fantasy job here)". I'm sure most grow out of this, but maybe some don't.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#15 (permalink))
Old
TenmaAi (Offline)
Demon_Love

Send a message via MSN to TenmaAi
06-15-2009, 03:36 PM

Well me and and my best friend are otaku's but we don't like Japan just because the whole anime/manga thing. I think you shouldn't put otaku's in one group. not all of us are the freaky obsessed "I'm 14 and moving to Japan and giving up my citizenship to be a (insert ninja, manga artist, or some other fantasy job here)".kinda one .. Savvy??
you shouldn't bash ppl because they are an otaku.. That's the same thing if you'd be like .. oh no she's a goth or emo or something..
If the people's personality just annoys you that's a whole other thing.. that's a valid reason for not liking someone. Not liking someone for what 'labell' they were is just wrong!

....[VampiSupporter]....
x3 The Belgium Trio x3
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-15-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
The only thing that bothers me about them is when they say "I'm 14 and moving to Japan and giving up my citizenship to be a (insert ninja, manga artist, or some other fantasy job here)"
I would like to add this to the quote.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-15-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenmaAi View Post
Well me and and my best friend are otaku's but we don't like Japan just because the whole anime/manga thing. I think you shouldn't put otaku's in one group. not all of us are the freaky obsessed "I'm 14 and moving to Japan and giving up my citizenship to be a (insert ninja, manga artist, or some other fantasy job here)".kinda one .. Savvy??
you shouldn't bash ppl because they are an otaku.. That's the same thing if you'd be like .. oh no she's a goth or emo or something..
If the people's personality just annoys you that's a whole other thing.. that's a valid reason for not liking someone. Not liking someone for what 'labell' they were is just wrong!
Why bother labelling yourselves in the first case? That's what baffles me.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#18 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-15-2009, 09:27 PM

The word, otaku also has additional meaning: an anti-social person.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Sasahara (Offline)
New to JF

06-16-2009, 09:13 AM

Otaku are not antisocial they just are Individuals and do not conform
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-16-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
With my personal experience, I've met otaku who are seriously interested in anime and manga, and love Japan because of it. I've been annoyed with that, because it seems like they think this is the only part of Japan that exists.
I seriously doubt many people are that ignorant.

Anything that encourages the exploration of a foreign culture cannot be bad. The alternate is they have nothing that introduces them, and never learn of the outside world.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…