(#21 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-16-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasahara View Post
Otaku are not antisocial they just are Individuals and do not conform
Yet they still join a massive group, and still in a way conform.

I'm not anti-otaku. Nor am I anti-anything, apart from anti-stupidity. But I seriously can't stand people who think that just because they label themselves as something, they seem to think they're different from everyone else.

I'm not sure how people see it, but the way I see it, REAL adults (maturity wise) don't label themselves, and don't join some sort of group. They're too busy trying to create a living for themselves, and survive in the world to be bothered with such bull. They're everything, and anything all at once. I can understand calling each other labels, cause in a way it's used as an insult. But taking that, and wrapping yourself in that name, and claiming that you're just different from everyone else, when there are millions of people doing the same as you?

Ignorance.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-16-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Yet they still join a massive group, and still in a way conform.

I'm not anti-otaku. Nor am I anti-anything, apart from anti-stupidity. But I seriously can't stand people who think that just because they label themselves as something, they seem to think they're different from everyone else.

I'm not sure how people see it, but the way I see it, REAL adults (maturity wise) don't label themselves, and don't join some sort of group. They're too busy trying to create a living for themselves, and survive in the world to be bothered with such bull. They're everything, and anything all at once. I can understand calling each other labels, cause in a way it's used as an insult. But taking that, and wrapping yourself in that name, and claiming that you're just different from everyone else, when there are millions of people doing the same as you?

Ignorance.
I couldn't have said it better *bows*

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-16-2009, 10:06 AM

Why do otaku have to be mature adults?
(#24 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-16-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasahara View Post
Otaku are not antisocial they just are Individuals and do not conform
Not conforming is same as saying anti-social to many people.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-16-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Hm? I'm guessing this is aimed at me?

I'm not saying they HAVE to be. But what I'm saying is, people who call themselves some sort of label, need to grow up and realise that most people in the real world really don't give a toss.

What I'm saying is, people who say "I'm an otaku" or "I'm a/n (label)" is not mature, and I will never see them as a mature person, be they 14, or 60.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-16-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Hm? I'm guessing this is aimed at me?

I'm not saying they HAVE to be. But what I'm saying is, people who call themselves some sort of label, need to grow up and realise that most people in the real world really don't give a toss.

What I'm saying is, people who say "I'm an otaku" or "I'm a/n (label)" is not mature, and I will never see them as a mature person, be they 14, or 60.
If a 14 year old wants to be immature and call themselves an otaku, I say more power to them. I don't think they need to "grow up" at all. As long as they aren't hurting me, let them go nuts.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-16-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
If a 14 year old wants to be immature and call themselves an otaku, I say more power to them. I don't think they need to "grow up" at all. As long as they aren't hurting me, let them go nuts.
Forgive me, you're correct there. I was talking about people around the ages of 18+ labelling themselves.

The age factor was just an example. What I'm trying to say here, is people these days seem to think that people really care about labels and what-not. When all it's used, is in the media (Which is sadly around a lot these days). Apart from that, no one really cares if someone is an otaku/emo/goth/punk/what-ever. People are too busy trying to survive this world, let alone have the time to care about others self proclaimed titles.

But I fear I'm now going off-topic.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Sasahara (Offline)
New to JF

06-17-2009, 12:06 AM

i personally do not see anything wrong with being a otaku as long as i am not hurting anybody else.

Last edited by Sasahara : 06-17-2009 at 12:22 AM.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-17-2009, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Because you are.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#30 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-17-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Because you are.
I never said I was an otaku.