JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sakura77 (Offline)
New to JF

Save cats in Hatushima Japan - 06-19-2009, 06:44 PM

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/sav...tsushima-japan
Firstly, let me say this to people in Japan.
Barbarities exist almost all countries on this planet.
As you may know, cats and dogs are livestock to many people in Asian countries and tortured before cruelly killed.
I don't think Japanese people eat cats and dogs but animals in Japan are not being treated humanely.
Law makers in Japan need to introduce most effective humane legislation to reduce pet population in Japan and put their best effort to solve this tragedy of pet over population.
How many cats and dogs are continue being executed before law makers in Japan start doing something to stop unnecessary killing of innocent defenseless animals while many starving dehydrated cats and dogs are roaming on the street trying to survive another day??
I'd like to see Japan as most civilized country on this planet.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-19-2009, 08:24 PM

"Unlike the West, Japan is notorious for animal cruelty."

That's hilarious. Unlike the West? Have you ever seen Animal Cops??

The same thing is going on in Hawaii, and essentially every island with a human population.

(#3 (permalink))
Old
sakura77 (Offline)
New to JF

06-19-2009, 11:02 PM

Burkhartdesu, of course barbarians are in every country and people with sadistic tendecy get pleasure of torturing and killing animals but if starving of so many cats was exposed in U.S.A, people are very quick to protest.
Don't misunderstand me because animals are tortured and killed cruelly in dog fights, cock fights, factory farms, fur farms, circuses/rodeos, vivisection labs, hunting/trapping, and in entertainment industries in U.S.A.
Most race horses are end up in slaughterhouses and turning to pet food or on dinner table for horse eaters.
When you speak about animal cruelty on Animal Planet, you are speaking about insane people and every country has insane people.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Thuglife (Offline)
JF Regular

06-20-2009, 12:59 AM

Yeah, maybe when they get on board with the International Child protection laws" Only Russia and Japan have refused to sign. Which has prompted several countries to send envoys urging them to join.

Japan claims it (a C.P. law)invades peoples privacy even though they already down throttle your ISP bandwidth based on their monitoring of it Possession of C.P. for "Personal Use" is not currently illegal. distributing it is illegal. How do they think these people GET the material.

Lets protect the cats and how about the kids too.

Most Civilized? Japan? I guess it depends on how you define that word. But after 7 years here, that sounds like a joke.

Save the cats!!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
sakura77 (Offline)
New to JF

06-20-2009, 11:58 AM

Thuglife, do you know there is connection between violence against animals and human violence?
Type 'violence against animals and people' on search engine to find out many articles written.
ALMOST ALL serial killers started to torture and kill animals before they worked on people, that is why it is so important for school children to have humane education at school in early age to create peaceful society where people can live without fear of violence.

When children learn to respect creatures who share our planet, these children are going to learn to respect people naturally.
God bless teachers who spread message of love and compassion toward our fellow creatures!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-20-2009, 09:35 PM

YES!!! Animals are cool...especially when you play baseball with them.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-20-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura77 View Post
As you may know, cats and dogs are livestock to many people in Asian countries and tortured before cruelly killed.
I don't think Japanese people eat cats and dogs but animals in Japan are not being treated humanely.
Law makers in Japan need to introduce most effective humane legislation to reduce pet population in Japan and put their best effort to solve this tragedy of pet over population.
How many cats and dogs are continue being executed before law makers in Japan start doing something to stop unnecessary killing of innocent defenseless animals while many starving dehydrated cats and dogs are roaming on the street trying to survive another day??
Ok... Miss PETA member...could you refrain from making more thread related to you animal cruelty rants? Please just continue one of them.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-21-2009, 01:52 AM

I happen to be a cat person, and while such cruelty may dismay me, I think it's rather pretencious for me to tell someone from another country how to do things....Sigh, I can't believe I wrote that, being American sorta means I'm born with the desire to do just that. I was able to resist the dark side today.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

06-21-2009, 02:11 AM

No matter what someone gonna eat a kitty-cat, i wish they wouldnt but its still gonna happen, plus if you care so much do something about, a post is not gonna save them :/

Last edited by thcuteness : 06-21-2009 at 02:15 AM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-21-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura77 View Post
I searched some more and they are being cleaned up to save the local wildlife, mainly birds.

Knowing Japan as well as I do, that petition will not have an affect on what they are doing.

Cheers - Oz