JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Ponizm (Offline)
New to JF

Japanese Mythology - 06-06-2009, 12:16 AM

Hey, my name is Pon.

I am interested in japanese mythology and I saw a book [what I want to borrow from the libary by time] about demons and stuff.
I found Kuniyoshi, the catwitch in it and I kinda really like her image. So I wanted to ask you guys, if you have any idea where I can find more in the www?
I searched for her name, but there was an artist in the 18th century who was called kuniyoshi. So my results were more then poor and when I look for catwitch or japanese demons, the only are those known stuff as oni and so on.
So I'd be very grateful for any help.

I want to know more about her, I need her Kanjis and so on.
^__________^
Would be nice of you all to help me.
Thanks in advance.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-06-2009, 01:28 AM

OMG! i was just thinking about making a thread like this today O_o.
so you know an oni is a demon so maybe catwitch is just a type of demon? I had been wondering about this character called issun mbaz? i think thats it he's a small boy his name means 3 cm boy. I want to know more about him. I like when they put mythology such as his in games like final fantasy and okami. talk talk talk
(#3 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-06-2009, 02:18 AM

I like the goul called a jikinikin. Its well umm maybe it could be described as a zombie maybe. they are dead ghosts that eat people because they lived greedy lives.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

06-06-2009, 03:38 AM

theres byakko the tiger protector of the west, seiryuu the teal dragon of the east. Tori-chan of the south and turtle-kun of the north. i forgot their names,lol.

also snow witch or something. they act like their injured so they can lure men to them. when the man least expects it the snow witch will kill them or something and preserve them in ice

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-06-2009, 04:03 AM

The Tengu (Dogs of Heaven) are my favorite. Half dog, half demon.

If you're interested in Japanese mythology, you should look them up.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#6 (permalink))
Old
sakumi23 (Offline)
JF Regular

06-06-2009, 04:22 AM

mmm...are you sure that Kuniyoshi is a monster?the only things I've found is that there are several paintings by Utagawa Kuniyoshi which are with monsters and also there is no monster in japanese mythology who has this name I'm sorry but that's what I found out...maybe I'm mistaken,I don't know.

If you ever want to die remember that you have a dream and you have to live on to make it come true!!
~Member of the Hello kitty clan~
~+MeMbEr Of ThE VaMpIrE cLan+~
~+MeMbEr Of ThE ZeRo LuVeRs ClUb+~

Last edited by sakumi23 : 06-06-2009 at 04:31 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
sakumi23 (Offline)
JF Regular

06-06-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
also snow witch or something. they act like their injured so they can lure men to them. when the man least expects it the snow witch will kill them or something and preserve them in ice
is it Yuki-onna?

If you ever want to die remember that you have a dream and you have to live on to make it come true!!
~Member of the Hello kitty clan~
~+MeMbEr Of ThE VaMpIrE cLan+~
~+MeMbEr Of ThE ZeRo LuVeRs ClUb+~
(#8 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-06-2009, 05:29 PM

the snow witch sounds kinda like the witch off of left 4 dead lol.

Kappa are intersting people would throw cucumbers with family members names carved into them to keep them from being taken into the river. Cucumbers were apperently the only thing more tasty than people. especially kids. they told them to bow to strangers because if it was a kappa they would bow because they were so polite then the dish on their head would empty of water and they were either frozen or weak not sure which though.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Taranee987 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Taranee987 Send a message via Yahoo to Taranee987 Send a message via Skype™ to Taranee987
06-06-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
theres byakko the tiger protector of the west, seiryuu the teal dragon of the east. Tori-chan of the south and turtle-kun of the north. i forgot their names,lol.

Suzaku of the South and Genbu of the North, honestly how could you forget??

Are you nice to people they usually are nice back
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Taranee987 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Taranee987 Send a message via Yahoo to Taranee987 Send a message via Skype™ to Taranee987
06-06-2009, 06:26 PM

on this page here you can learn about Tengu, Zashiki-Warashi, Kappa and Oni Spooky Japan - Folk Legends - Kids Web Japan - Web Japan

Are you nice to people they usually are nice back