JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Can someone sub this Japanese variety show? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/26228-can-someone-sub-japanese-variety-show.html)

khikarugal 07-03-2009 04:00 AM

Can someone sub this Japanese variety show?

Hi, can anyone sub this Japanese variety show called "Honey coming" for me, please?

Here's the link of the video

YouTube - Honey coming 1/6

Arigatou Gozaimasu

MMM 07-03-2009 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khikarugal (Post 741239)
Hi, can anyone sub this Japanese variety show called "Honey coming" for me, please?

Here's the link of the video

YouTube - Honey coming 1/6

Arigatou Gozaimasu

If the question is "Can I?" the answer is, yes, I have the ability to interpret what they are saying. Do you have the subtitling software and what are you offering in compensation?

Tenchu 07-03-2009 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 741243)
If the question is "Can I?" the answer is, yes, I have the ability to interpret what they are saying. Do you have the subtitling software and what are you offering in compensation?

Basically, the deal is that you sub the show and we won't cap your knees...

Yuusuke 07-03-2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchu (Post 741245)
Basically, the deal is that you sub the show and we won't cap your knees...

that sounds lie getting banned talk to me

Nyororin 07-03-2009 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 741243)

Wow, that`s a step above me. I could do the translation, but would need a second party to do the timing. It`s too much of a pain.

Of course, that`s all making the assumption that it`s a paying job.

If there is a specific line, or maybe 15 seconds that needed to be translated, I would consider helping out for free...

MMM 07-03-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 741267)
Wow, that`s a step above me. I could do the translation, but would need a second party to do the timing. It`s too much of a pain.

Of course, that`s all making the assumption that it`s a paying job.

If there is a specific line, or maybe 15 seconds that needed to be translated, I would consider helping out for free...

Timing is a pain in the butt...a subtitling job takes at least twice as much time if not more than a normal translation. Again, it's all about the compensation.

Yuusuke 07-03-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 741280)
Timing is a pain in the butt...a subtitling job takes at least twice as much time if not more than a normal translation. Again, it's all about the compensation.

true, when u r a translator, (which i hope to become one day)
money is a top priority

MMM 07-03-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuusuke (Post 741282)
true, when u r a translator, (which i hope to become one day)
money is a top priority

If you want to get rich, translation is probably not the best path to take.