LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-07-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
But it wouldn't really be a mixed system... as ideally, only the rational aspects of spirituality would be adopted.

Well in my opinion all humans are the same and have the same fundamental needs... but there are many ways in which these needs can be met.
At least we can admit that the world is more complicated than binary thinking.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

07-07-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
At least we can admit that the world is more complicated than binary thinking.
for sure
(#23 (permalink))
Old
AlexReal (Offline)
JF Regular

07-07-2009, 08:38 PM

And you have noticed, how aggressively and easily western culture has come to our countries? In ratios of people, food , the pop culture? Return movement too is, but not the such
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-07-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexReal View Post
And you have noticed, how aggressively and easily western culture has come to our countries? In ratios of people, food , the pop culture? Return movement too is, but not the such
How much is that western culture aggressively invading Asia, and how much is that thanks to the Internet the world's cultures (especially popular cultures) are shared more openly?

Look at this site alone. People use worlds like anime, manga, V-kei, etc. constantly. That wouldn't have been possible before the Internet.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
07-07-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
You make it sound like its a hostile invasion. The swapping of cultures is probably one of the best things to come out of the internet and the development of global communication technology as MMM stated. I feel there is an equal amount of Eastern countries learning about the west as they are westerners learning the beauty of the east.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

07-08-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Return movement too is, but not the such
To be politely fair, the Brazilian President, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, mentioned a while ago that the G8 (G7 + Russia) representative does more inefficiency than good and proposed G20 for organizing the world. This is a good news for non-Western parts of the world since the world has finally realized that G8 isn't that productive and too biased for Western countries (Japan is the hopeless exception). Now there will be a good outcome that the world would be fairly represented.

And another thing to mention: SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization).

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-08-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
(G7 + Russia)
LOL, that made my day.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#28 (permalink))
Old
AlexReal (Offline)
JF Regular

07-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Yes, the world became more opened. The Internet has unconditionally helped it.))) The mango, anime, etc-is remarkable. In a circle of my friends, all the same, the western culture has much bigger influence. Naturally, it defines a situation in whole (an example of my circle of contacts).
SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) - I am respectful to this organisation. Russia - occupies separate position in this world. It should be in the union with the East and gravitates to it more. In the union with the East, being a counterbalance to the West, SCO should inspect and try to define world politics.
In an ideal.
Russia does not need to be under a delusion with friendship with the West.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

07-09-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Yes, the world became more opened. The Internet has unconditionally helped it.))) The mango, anime, etc-is remarkable. In a circle of my friends, all the same, the western culture has much bigger influence. Naturally, it defines a situation in whole (an example of my circle of contacts).
SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organization) - I am respectful to this organisation. Russia - occupies separate position in this world. It should be in the union with the East and gravitates to it more. In the union with the East, being a counterbalance to the West, SCO should inspect and try to define world politics.
In an ideal.
Russia does not need to be under a delusion with friendship with the West.
Why are you so resentful towards the West? What aspect of "Eastern culture" (if you even agree such a thing exists) do you think the West should adopt?

I think you are just as bad as the type of Westerners who look down on Asians.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 07-09-2009 at 01:13 AM.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-09-2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
What aspect of "Eastern culture" (if you even agree such a thing exists) do you think the West should adopt?

I think he's talking about eating main courses with desert spoons or something.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…