JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
egenglert (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to egenglert Send a message via Yahoo to egenglert Send a message via Skype™ to egenglert
07-17-2009, 06:18 PM

I found the French in Paris, Québec, and Saint-Martin to be wonderful (especially in Paris and Saint-Martin, but the Québecois were amazing as well), however I'm fluent in French (took four years in high school and plan to continue in college, along with Japanese), but that is beside the point, I guess the fact that I try to speak the language wherever I go, (Which I travel so many places, I know how to order food in Japanese, French, Maltese, Greek, Welsh, Icelandic, Korean and Mongolian and various other languages because I was bored this summer) and how I always teach myself their culture before I go, is why everybody is so hospitable. I guess it's my not wanting to embarrass myself or my country, or my state (Texas has had a little too much of that this century, thank you very much). I've been told I should be an ambassador rather than a teacher, or a radio host, because quote: "[i] sound sexy when I speak the local language" Needless to say that's always a huge confidence boost, but I digress.

Wow, I got so off topic, but then I came back, but then I wandered away again. That doesn't usually happen, usually I go off on a tangent and can't find my way back ever, but this time I did, for a little bit. Yay me!