JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   How do you feel about online dating? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/26532-how-do-you-feel-about-online-dating.html)

thcuteness 07-15-2009 12:45 AM

How do you feel about online dating?

I was curious how many people or what your opinion on online dating, i normally dont online date although my last three bf have been guys i meet online. I was just curious to know what your opinion is about it? Like how often do you think online relationships work out. Have you ever dated online. And your general opinion about. For me im for it.

Salvanas 07-15-2009 12:46 AM

As long as you have the chance to meet them more than once in a year, then it could work.

thcuteness 07-15-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 747020)
As long as you have the chance to meet them more than once in a year, then it could work.

thats how I've always felt about, have you ever had an online relationship?

Salvanas 07-15-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thcuteness (Post 747022)
thats how I've always felt about, have you ever had an online relationship?

Loads. I look on them now, and laugh at how pathetic I was.

Your first relationship should be one in the flesh, not over the internet.

Quailboy 07-15-2009 12:51 AM

Hmm. I'm "dating" a girl right now. She's completely amazing in all aspects of life..I plan on going to see her next year in Sweden, which is going to be amazing. Its hard..but its possible. And if you really love the person. *looks at Salv* Sorry, then you should be alright.

Salv: Thats very true..I've weeded through what seems like my entire town, so I'm pretty much out of choices here xD

thcuteness 07-15-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvanas (Post 747033)

Loads. I look on them now, and laugh at how pathetic I was.

Your first relationship should be one in the flesh, not over the internet.

Yeah i guess your right but I never lets myself get to seriously into one, personally

hinata2 07-15-2009 12:54 AM

im for it i think it works if u like the person i never have dated online

mercedesjin 07-15-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thcuteness (Post 747017)
I was curious how many people or what your opinion on online dating, i normally dont online date although my last three bf have been guys i meet online. I was just curious to know what your opinion is about it? Like how often do you think online relationships work out. Have you ever dated online. And your general opinion about. For me im for it.

I feel kind of uncomfortable with the idea of online dating. I tried it. It... freaked me out a little. You never know whether the person is a completely psycho. In real life, at least you have a little bit more of a chance to see whether they're crazy or not by interacting with them. It's even scarier to try to meet this person in real life. It's like a blind date, but without a reliable person to say that the guy/girl is okay or not.

I don't think I'd like to depend on online socializing - for any kind of relationship. I feel like humans need a physical interaction. Online dating and online friends don't really completely give what a human being needs.

Salvanas 07-15-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercedesjin (Post 747043)
I feel kind of uncomfortable with the idea of online dating. I tried it. It... freaked me out a little. You never know whether the person is a completely psycho. In real life, at least you have a little bit more of a chance to see whether they're crazy or not by interacting with them. It's even scarier to try to meet this person in real life. It's like a blind date, but without a reliable person to say that the guy/girl is okay or not.

I don't think I'd like to depend on online socializing - for any kind of relationship. I feel like humans need a physical interaction. Online dating and online friends don't really completely give what a human being needs.

I've many friends who started off as friends over the internet, and now have a family together. It's not impossible. But it requires a certain personality to do it.

clairebear 07-15-2009 01:02 AM

Salvanas has an online girlfriend called Agatha.