LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TyreaL (Offline)
きぼう

Send a message via MSN to TyreaL
Thank you .. Ba- chan ^_^ - 08-22-2009, 03:23 PM

Greetings ...

When I was young I always loved to listen to Grandma's stories before I went to bed. In fact no matter what time of night it was Grandma wouldn't let me go to bed until I listened to another one of her stories. I always wondered where she got all those stories. She'd sit back in her squeaky rocking chair very close to her bed, with a book that had no title and no picture on the front of it.
When we would ask her the title of the book, or request maybe to see some of the pictures, she'd just say, "Oh, oh no, it is more important to listen and absorb the meaning, and most of all become a part of the story itself." "You should become one of the characters and feel as if you can in some way affect the outcome of the story."
Grandma had some wonderful characters, people we had heard about in history, people we had heard about in the news, rich people and people who weren't so rich. There were men, women, children, animals, and many different places all over the world.
Grandma would read with such strength, vigor, and as if she herself were in many of the stories, or at least had some kind of relationship with them. She always held the book high enough in front of her so all I could see of her face was her eyes, and the expression I would show as she read. If she read something bright and cheery, her eyes would widen and almost sparkle. If she read something drab or disappointing her eyes would become very closed and piecing.
back then , I didn't get the chance to comprehend what grandma was trying to achieve by reading all those stories to us , But now , in this very moment I do.
She wanted to make sure that you would choose your character and your own character that reflects your own personality .. Where your character lies in ..are you the wolf that was trying to eat the little girl in the " little red and the wolf" .. or .. the beast that fell in love with the princess ..

When grandma was reading , it was as if she too were hearing the story for the first time , Credibility and pureness of the heart that no longer exist in this rotten world. The other thing that amazed me was that the book was very thin, and I wondered how all those stories could fit in a book that size. Simply, This brings tears to my eyes when we thought that we are just listening to a fairy tale that doesn't exist in this world ,, but grandma was planting those golden seeds into our minds . Grandma was inspiring us.

I was simple minded. there is nothing can explain the happiness that flowing into my heart right now, I've nothing to say , I'm speechless .. I've nothing to say,Just a simple sentence that doesn't fill the huge gab between you grandma and me ... ( Thank you Grandma . from the bottom of my heart , thank you ) ..

Have a nice day

By Tyreal

(#2 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
08-22-2009, 03:36 PM

猿も木から落ちる
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TyreaL (Offline)