JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

Are gays more afraid to show who they are than lesbians? - 07-21-2009, 08:28 AM

This is a topic i want to talk about. It has nothing againts homosexuals, so I hope it doesnt get closed. I always seen many girls that are lesbians express themselves more than guys that are gays. When i was in high school walking to class, i saw 2 guys in front of me walking and looking around misteriously. I guess they didnt see me, so they got closer and grab hands. Im really sad they cannot express themselves. Im starting to think its really the males fault. Males are the ones that make the big deal. Lesbians are not afraid to express themselves more cause there are guys that like watching them and wont say anything. But when theres gay , they make a big deal and called them things.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#2 (permalink))
Old
TitansWrath (Offline)
New to JF

07-21-2009, 09:09 AM

You wont find a simple answer to this thing. Its just how the society work and its not just males but even girls tells me that they didnt want to see guys kissing either. It might seem to be a stereotype but in hollywood in movies or tv you might see more of them over there compared to rest of USA so they're just little more comfortable there. So Im sure they heard all kinds of crap all the time so they're just wiser not to go through the troubles.

I remember back in high school 1 dude almost kissed me out of blue and my ex-gf pushed him off and yelled him off while im still processing wtf happened in my head.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-21-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansWrath View Post
You wont find a simple answer to this thing. Its just how the society work and its not just males but even girls tells me that they didnt want to see guys kissing either. It might seem to be a stereotype but in hollywood in movies or tv you might see more of them over there compared to rest of USA so they're just little more comfortable there. So Im sure they heard all kinds of crap all the time so they're just wiser not to go through the troubles.

I remember back in high school 1 dude almost kissed me out of blue and my ex-gf pushed him off and yelled him off while im still processing wtf happened in my head.
wow so he just run and kiss you just like that. did u know him?

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2009, 09:17 AM

Quite the opposite from my experience, the men around here aren't very shy about cross dressing and acting gay. Which is totally fine by me I have nothing against gays or lesbians. But the women tend to shy away from being open about it, usually I don't realize a girl is a lesbian until she flat out tells me or I see her with her girlfriend [unless shes very masculine then its a give in].

Society probably plays a role in this, I live in the South and no matter how they slice it Southern women are usually treated like brainless fools, especially in schools. Anything 'different' or out of the ordinary is stifled and hidden immediately or bullied.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-21-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertherose25 View Post
Quite the opposite from my experience, the men around here aren't very shy about cross dressing and acting gay. Which is totally fine by me I have nothing against gays or lesbians. But the women tend to shy away from being open about it, usually I don't realize a girl is a lesbian until she flat out tells me or I see her with her girlfriend [unless shes very masculine then its a give in].

Society probably plays a role in this, I live in the South and no matter how they slice it Southern women are usually treated like brainless fools, especially in schools. Anything 'different' or out of the ordinary is stifled and hidden immediately or bullied.
yes, it could be society. i live in south texas. mostly hispanics. i seen alot more lesbians than gays. I only seen 1 gay who didnt care and acted like a girl in school and teased guys lol. I once attended a high school that was full of lesbians. people call it a lesbian school.

--Jaka

(#6 (permalink))
Old
TitansWrath (Offline)
New to JF

07-21-2009, 09:23 AM

Yea i knew him and he didnt exactly just run up to me. It was when i was junior and he was a freshman (I think) and there were 4 of us sitting on the floor in a recreation room in a dorm just chatting about something. I think the topic might have been about my first kiss with my very first gf so I figured he was kinda curious about that and asked if he could try it. I and my ex-gf didnt catch what he was saying and he kinda took it as a "okay" then started leaning forward and at that moment I thought he was gonna congratulate me on finally hooking up. Lucky she figured out what he was going to do since she knew he was gay since I just transferred in that school a couple months before. phew
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-21-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansWrath View Post
Yea i knew him and he didnt exactly just run up to me. It was when i was junior and he was a freshman (I think) and there were 4 of us sitting on the floor in a recreation room in a dorm just chatting about something. I think the topic might have been about my first kiss with my very first gf so I figured he was kinda curious about that and asked if he could try it. I and my ex-gf didnt catch what he was saying and he kinda took it as a "okay" then started leaning forward and at that moment I thought he was gonna congratulate me on finally hooking up. Lucky she figured out what he was going to do since she knew he was gay since I just transferred in that school a couple months before. phew
lol wow lucky you.

--Jaka

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-21-2009, 09:44 AM

2.4 Topics of religion and sexual orientation are not permitted.

Please check the rules.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
Closed Thread