JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

07-21-2009, 07:53 PM

That's not stupid at all. I don't think that's bad and people make fun of male nursing too much.

I don't see a problem in wanting to be a nurse. You might not want to have as much work as a doctor would, but still help people. As long as you can help people medically, it doesn't matter what gender you are.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-21-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
That's not stupid at all. I don't think that's bad and people make fun of male nursing too much.

I don't see a problem in wanting to be a nurse. You might not want to have as much work as a doctor would, but still help people. As long as you can help people medically, it doesn't matter what gender you are.
AGREE

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#13 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post

I think nurses work harder than doctors. A doctor might decide what to do, but the nurse is always the one to do the hard work.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-21-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
I think nurses work harder than doctors. A doctor might decide what to do, but the nurse is always the one to do the hard work.
Bullshit. Surgeries are a pain in the ass for doctors. I had surgery on my leg and he had to attach a complicated frame. It took 5 hours, nurses usualy watch and just do the bandages there.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#15 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Bullshit. Surgeries are a pain in the ass for doctors. I had surgery on my leg and he had to attach a complicated frame. It took 5 hours, nurses usualy watch and just do the bandages there.
And after surgery was your doctor giving you medicine and cleaning you and helping you to the toilet? If he was, you have a great doctor.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-21-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
And after surgery was your doctor giving you medicine and cleaning you and helping you to the toilet? If he was, you have a great doctor.
Giving medicine and other needs are nothing compared to the complicated work of the doctor.

First of all, he had to prepare the previous day, to think about the custom frame shape which is needed. Brain work is very tiresome and gets you more annoyed. Also, the concentration he needs to have during surgery is also extra tiring.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-21-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Giving medicine and other needs are nothing compared to the complicated work of the doctor.

First of all, he had to prepare the previous day, to think about the custom frame shape which is needed. Brain work is very tiresome and gets you more annoyed. Also, the concentration he needs to have during surgery is also extra tiring.
doctors do work hard but very few times, and that is during surgery. for the rest of the times is the nurse that has to do the rest of the stuff.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#18 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

07-21-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
doctors do work hard but very few times, and that is during surgery. for the rest of the times is the nurse that has to do the rest of the stuff.
I was in the orthopedic section, and usually everyone was able to get up after 1-2 days after surgery. Nurses had no hard job at all, they just came and cared the first days.

Also the doctors have like 2 surgeries per day, it's not a FEW TIMES.

Quote:
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Uriko (Offline)
JF Cereal Killer

07-21-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
Where I live, south tx, people respect anyone that goes into any type of medical field, even male nurses. When i chat with people from other places in the US or world, they always make fun of me cause i told them im majoring in Nursing. I also seen them in movies where they make fun of male nurses.
yeah, they do that a lot on TV.

i'm an RN & i have yet to meet someone irl who makes fun of male nurses. i think there should be more male nurses to help with the lifting & transferring & other grunt work. >.>

But to despair was to wish back for something already lost.
Or to prolong what was already unbearable.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2009, 09:48 PM

I never understood what the big deal was with male nurses, my uncle a prison nurse and my brother was going to be a nurse. I think people expect nurses to be sensitive and have bedside manners and that doesn't seem to suit men's demeanor.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey