LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-29-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcuteness View Post
I guess my hero is my dad sounds childish i know, but he always been a respectable man, and he always taught me to do the right things and stuff.
Go away...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-29-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
why would you have someone as a hero, who murdered people?
I don't see an issue. Question is, why not?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-29-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Tenchu, you are my hero.
Why is that?

(#14 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-29-2009, 05:51 PM

Adolf Hiter
Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm suprised nobody mentioned him yet.
If you have any question of why he is one of my heros, go ahead and ask.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-29-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Dude, are you Arab or Muslim, or both?

I know a lot about Saladin. He seemed pretty skilled and chival. But, in the end, his character was tested by the Crusaders, and he adopted his principal of Jihad, and raped the land, murdered the innocent.

Not that that is a exceptionally bad thing. Most Hero did it. Yet I just dislike seeing him portrayed as a Saint.
Oh he was FAR from a Saint. He as much a saint as is any war leader.

He did what he must to get back the lands into Muslim hands. I would like to point out that although he DID murder the innocent and raped the land, the First Crusade before him, did the same thing to the Muslim people of the land.

They took Jerusalem, and made it a Christian only city (And Jew, if I'm not mistaken). Saladin took it back, and opened it to the whole of humanity again.

A ruthless leader, aye. But in the end, a fair one.

I'm Turkish/Egyptian. And I'm Atheist.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#16 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
07-29-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Why is that?
Because you're just so gosh darn awesome!

猿も木から落ちる
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

07-29-2009, 06:29 PM

John Adams: Second President of the United States, helped America become independent.

Alan York: Conciencous objector who killed about 12 Nazis during WWII when he was helping patients.

Richard Nixon: Great president that many people overlook. He had great foreign policy and fought against communism VERY well.

Ronald Reagan: Just bad-ass. I liked a lot of his policies and he helped buy out the USSR and make them broke during the Cold War. He also gave America hope and six years in his presidency he was found to be unpopular.

Adolf Hitler: Aside from him killing millions of people, who can get such power ridiculously fast? I'm amazed by that in itself.

Oskar Schindler: He became buddies with the Nazis and figured out a way to save a few thousand Jews. I'm not Jewish myself, but that is seriously awesome.

I can't think of anybody else that has much historical reference to him/herself.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780

Last edited by Yuna7780 : 07-29-2009 at 06:32 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-30-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Oh he was FAR from a Saint. He as much a saint as is any war leader.

He did what he must to get back the lands into Muslim hands. I would like to point out that although he DID murder the innocent and raped the land, the First Crusade before him, did the same thing to the Muslim people of the land.

They took Jerusalem, and made it a Christian only city (And Jew, if I'm not mistaken). Saladin took it back, and opened it to the whole of humanity again.

A ruthless leader, aye. But in the end, a fair one.

I'm Turkish/Egyptian. And I'm Atheist.
I don't think that is entirly accurate.

He started out very noble. But when Richard the Lionhearted of England showed up, Saladin had a problem. Richard was a seige fighter, Saladin liked pitched battles, to favor his numbers, cavalry and archers. Saladin ambushed Richard and divided his Army when it was on the march. If Richard had have fled, he would have lost half his Army, so he was forced to stay and fight. He won.

After that, Saladin "raped the land", literally. He burned every village and killed every goat. He cut down every forest and poisned all the wells and rivers. He was trying to hinder Richard and weaken him as much as he could. It was working.

When Richard arrived at Jarusalem, he realized he could not take the city. If he did, he would become a prisoner in it. This did not sit well with his friends, the Hospitallers (Warrior Monks) and Burgandy. Who were promised victory.

Richard did manage to make a few victories. At one time (I forget the city, was it Jaffar?), he rode out to Sladins Army on horseback alone, and shouted at them and taunted them to fight him. Saladins Army fled. Both Muslim and Christian historians believe it was Richards lone physical presence that did this.

So Richard could not take Jarusalem, but the peace he managed to barter with Saladin was the agreement that the city be open to all. Saladin agreed, and it was under his rule that the city was open, yet it was not his will alone that made that happen.

Almost 1,000 years later, the same war continues...

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-30-2009, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Adolf Hiter
Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm suprised nobody mentioned him yet.
If you have any question of why he is one of my heros, go ahead and ask.
Yeah. He is alright. He wasn't far off conquering the whole world.

In comparison, looking at any war leader, he was not as savage as people believe. Like I just said to Salvanas, Saladin, a man hailed as one of the most chival Warriors ever, destroyed half of Jarusalem to stop King Richard.

It is just when things happen so recently, they seem so dark.

In the distant future, Hitler will be in the history books next to Atilla the Hun, Genghis Khan, and The US Government...

(#20 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-30-2009, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
Oskar Schindler: He became buddies with the Nazis and figured out a way to save a few thousand Jews. I'm not Jewish myself, but that is seriously awesome.
Hell yeah!

Saving Jews KICKS ARSE!!!

Closed Thread