LinkBack Thread Tools
(#401 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-08-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
How do you guys get pictures on here? Somehow even my crappy digital camera pics are always denied for being too big...
You can resize pictures using Paint, just put your picture in there and right-click and there should be an option to resize, you can also change the format of the picture in there, too. I know this doesn't exactly enable you to post pictures as they are, but it is an alternative if there's no easier options. Hopefully someone else will know, I'm curious as well.
(#402 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-08-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
You can resize pictures using Paint, just put your picture in there and right-click and there should be an option to resize, you can also change the format of the picture in there, too. I know this doesn't exactly enable you to post pictures as they are, but it is an alternative if there's no easier options. Hopefully someone else will know, I'm curious as well.
I know I can resize them, but I hate to do that just to post them on here, because then I have random duplicates of my photos just in weird different sizes. I like to try and eliminate having random photos on my computer because I already have thousands as it is, being a photographer.
I just see photos that are much bigger than mine (looking like a higher resolution) but for some reason I can never post mine. It's not like I'm trying to post my RAW photos on here or something.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#403 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-08-2011, 07:21 PM

Bought myself a new toy. And yes... I am approaching mid-age.

(#404 (permalink))
Old
astrogaijin (Offline)
JF Regular

06-08-2011, 08:19 PM

Spicytuna very nice. Is it a new 2011 or older model?
(#405 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-08-2011, 11:07 PM

Thanks!

It's a few years old but had only ~3000 miles when I bought it so it's barely broken in. The previous owner hardly drove it and then traded it in for a ZR1. I figure it cost him around $15,000 per year to keep it well taken care of for me.
(#406 (permalink))
Old
astrogaijin (Offline)
JF Regular

06-09-2011, 01:39 AM

That is a very great find for you. My dad used to have a 2007 but we had to sell it since when my siblings and I got our drivers liscinses the insurance would have cost too much. Thankfully I got to drive it twice before it was sold. Also before we got that one my dad had a '67 for quite awhile. I enjoyed that car, my dad would shift it while I held the shifter. Good memories.
(#407 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-09-2011, 03:28 PM

Very nice! I'm sure you'll get one for yourself in the future and share it with your children.

I went the other way. I had a 5th generation Corvette which I gave to my father as a retirement gift last year. I'm sure he's the coolest grandpa on his block.

I really got into track racing lately so I went all out and got the Z06. Well, not quite all out since the ZR1 is still king but I can't justify paying 6 figures for a car which I can only drive 5 months out of the year.
(#408 (permalink))
Old
tangomike (Offline)
JF Regular

06-09-2011, 03:45 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

just some random daily life pictures
(#409 (permalink))
Old
Sturm (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to Sturm
06-13-2011, 08:01 AM

tangomike, pictured all of your friends?

Est sularus - oth Mithas!
(#410 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-13-2011, 03:17 PM

Just some recent pics of walking around Asakusa. I really underestimated how awesome Asakusa is, only having gone twice once during my year in Japan. The first time was kind of "off-season;" it wasn't summer time and the weather wasn't great. The second time (in these photos) was the beginning of summer, and it was one of the most beautiful experiences I've had in Japan. The sun was out, incense were burning, everyone was happy. It was like my second to last day in Japan before my short break back to the US, and I was really glad I did it. Although I live in the colder, Azabu-juban area, I'm going to be taking many more trips up to the Asakusa area when I get back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Japansummer5.jpg (116.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Japansummer6.jpg (83.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Japansummer8.jpg (106.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Japansummer12.jpg (76.5 KB, 48 views)

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography