LinkBack Thread Tools
(#261 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-10-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
That's not the point. He's a Westernized Asian in a Western country in Asia called Singapore. You used a terrible example.
HE MAKES THE SAME ARGUMENT AS YOU!

Furthermore YOU are a Westernised Asian or at least as Westernised as he. And you seem to have missed the fact that where he's from isn't important.

Look.. forget Lee Kuan Sew.. forget Singapore.. forget the former South Korean president... forget South Korea.. the point I was originally trying to make is that discourse (the various discussions at various levels) concerning Democracy in Asia is being had IN Asia BY Asians. Ironically such discourse is a liberal and rational one which makes the argument people like you make kind of ironic.

I'm having a hard time typing this without throwing in insults....
(#262 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

08-10-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Huh? That doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
Furthermore YOU are a Westernised Asian or at least as Westernised as he.
Now you assume? How desperate you are. No, I'm more of a person who knows both worlds, unlike YOU.

Quote:
Ironically such discourse is a liberal and rational one which makes the argument people like you make kind of ironic.
Because I don't think like you? Do I have to be like you? Do I have to think like you?

Quote:
You know, you're a terrible debater. And it only means you don't really respect your debate opponents in the first place.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#263 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-10-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Huh? That doesn't make any sense.
I'm making sense.. you just can't understand it. You either have a short attention span or you can't read. Lee Kuan Sew.. the guy from Singapore who you dismissed... has the same opinion concerning Asia and Democracy as you. You see how that makes sense?

Quote:
Now you assume? How desperate you are. No, I'm more of a person who knows both worlds, unlike YOU.
I assume? You don't even know who Lee Kuan Sew is!!! All you know is he's from Singapore. On similar grounds (You said you were Canadian) I made a similar assumption!

Quote:
Because I don't think like you? Do I have to be like you? Do I have to think like you?
No it's kind of ironic because liberalism (which is what modern democracy is founded on) encourages the exchange of ideas... and the guys who argue what you're arguing... are taking part in this exchanging of ideas... in democratic societies usually (Well apart from the Chinese academics.. interestingly enough.. exiled or expatriat Chinese academics tend to agree with me so that says a lot too).

Quote:
You know, you're a terrible debater. And it only means you don't really respect your debate opponents in the first place.
This is hardly a debate... I mean it was at first when I was being civil. Now it's just me schooling you and losing my patience because you're not listening or not capable of understanding my points.
(#264 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

08-11-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I assume? You don't even know who Lee Kuan Sew is!!! All you know is he's from Singapore. On similar grounds (You said you were Canadian) I made a similar assumption!
You don't even know what the political situation is in South Korea!!!

Quote:
No it's kind of ironic because liberalism (which is what modern democracy is founded on) encourages the exchange of ideas.
And Liberalism destroys other ideas. It's how prominent political scientists like Samuel P. Huntington and Francis Fukuyama who said that Liberalism and Democracy founded in the West are the only viable options in the world. That shows how destructive they are outside of the West.

Quote:
exiled or expatriat Chinese academics tend to agree with me so that says a lot too).
You mean the ones that are westernized?

Quote:
This is hardly a debate... I mean it was at first when I was being civil. Now it's just me schooling you and losing my patience because you're not listening or not capable of understanding my points.
Oh, I'm already listening and I disagree with you. You don't understand why I disagree. I told you before that our thinkings are very different.

Why keep harping around with me?

Last edited by komitsuki : 08-11-2009 at 12:53 AM.
(#265 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
08-11-2009, 12:36 AM

Guys seriously your going to get the thread closed. Stay on Topic Ronin i know your trying to get your point across and komitsuki i know how you feel we have talked about it. But stay on topic you guys are getting well beyond the scope of things.

You 2 are at opposite ends of the spectrum you will never agree. Agree to disagree and move on.

(#266 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

08-11-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
You 2 are at opposite ends of the spectrum you will never agree. Agree to disagree and move on.
Tell that to him. I said many times to him that both of us can never agree. It's Ronin who you should be talking to, not me. He's being way too greedy and rude to continue this discussion.

(#267 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

08-11-2009, 03:12 AM

Komitsuki: It would be difficult for me, being "western" to look at things from and "eastern" perspective. I understand they have it, it's just that I couldn't begin to try and comprehend it since my "western" thought process will just get in the way. I don't mean to slight what your saying nor do I suggest that it doesn't have merit. It just means I'm not going to be able to decipher it the way your asking me to, because I will invaribly look at them with Western ideals.

The giest of what your trying to say, I think anyway, is that "western" thought has corrupted "Eastern" ideals. That may be true, or it could be that "Western and Eastern" ideals are mergeing to form a third set of ideals? That wouldn't be a bad thing either, would it?

Afterall, you can't get Purple, unless you mix red and blue.

As to the individual with the 911 "conspiracy". The "secondary explosions" are the result of the collums collapseing under the added weight of the upper floors falling on them. This created a cascade effect. The real video you should see is the documentory by the two brothers who were filming a fire department, they were the only camera's on site during the actual event.

The other thing is that your suggesting the same government that operated Fema during Katrina was actually capable of pulling off such a catastrophic thing like 911 and keep it secret? I mean, really now.

Concerning Iraq; Iraq was targeted for alot of reasons that people were not told about, because frankly they didn't need to know. It's the same reason the press wasn't told about Normandy during D Day. However, I can "suggest" what was going on. Iraq was utilized as a prefabricated theatre of opperation. The Tora Bora region between Pakistan and Afganistan is very difficult terrain, so we needed to gode the Jihadi's, who tend to go where the "crusaders" are, into fighting on terrain more favorable to us.

Also, we wanted to establish airbases in the region, oil is one reason true enough, I won't deny that. However, containment of Iran is another. Look at the countries we invaded or are allied with in relation to Iran on a map and you will see what I mean. It's the same as when we used containment on the USSR.

The A-bombs during WW2 were used to get Japan to surrender as fast as possible. Yes we wanted to save lives, we also wanted to save Japan as a nation. You may not believe that, but when Russia declared war on Japan, the US felt pressed for time because they wanted to prevent what happened in Germany. So, with two bombs, two planes and two cities, we demonstrated that we could destroy Japan in a couple days if they didn't surrender. Sure it was a big bluff, since we didn't actually have any more bombs left, but they didn't know that.

Yes, we did alot of horrible things during that war and every war we get into. America can be a dark destroyer, I get that. However, we also feed most the planet, treat illness and help out after Natural disasters. We have also rebuilt many of the nations we attacked..Like for instance, Japan. We also defend many of those same nations today.

Despite it's problems, I still say the world is better off with America around than with out it.
(#268 (permalink))
Old
ssibal (Offline)
New to JF

12-28-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:

Furthermore YOU are a Westernised Asian or at least as Westernised as he. And you seem to have missed the fact that where he's from isn't important.

Look.. forget Lee Kuan Sew.. forget Singapore.. forget the former South Korean president... forget South Korea.. the point I was originally trying to make is that discourse (the various discussions at various levels) concerning Democracy in Asia is being had IN Asia BY Asians. Ironically such discourse is a liberal and rational one which makes the argument people like you make kind of ironic.

What a pathetic idiot for mistyping Lee Luan Yew. Fucking asshole. I hope the Singaporean mafias will hunt him down.