LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-11-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
It's stupid to expect others to disarm when you won't.
It is also stupid to disarm when others are building new ones.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

08-11-2009, 08:09 AM

It's not even worth arguing as it'll never, ever happen. Even countries (whether it's the US, UK, North Korea, Israel, Russia, etc) that SAY they'll disarm would probably covertly keep a small number of them "just in case". We don't live in a utopia.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

08-11-2009, 08:13 AM

And don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not arguing against preventing nuclear proliferation. There can be reductions of nuclear stockpiles and the prevention of bomb-making materials from falling into the wrong hands, but there will never be a world with no nukes.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

08-11-2009, 08:36 AM

Of Course the world will be nuke-free someday....after they'll invent something better.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

08-11-2009, 10:16 AM

Either that Aniki, or we're reduced to ashes.

As everyone else says, we will never be properly nuke free. Every country is on a defensive side. And please, do not even try to say that America is the worlds police force. Like Tenchu said, people who own nukes, are prepared to kill people in the thousands should anything happen.

Every country is on the defensive. Shaking hands with other countries, yet suspecting them. Glaring at their enemies, yet trying to find a ways to become allies and exploit them.

No country, in this world, puts other countries before itself. It has always been like this, and will be like this for years and years to come.

We will not give up nukes, until we stop being what defines us human.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#16 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
All people who have nukes are prepared to mass murder. They're all criminals. Don't expect anyone to recieve your "world police" view too well. That's half the reason some countries want nukes to begin with...
So in that line of thinking police (not trying to relate the US to police, but you should get what I mean) would be criminals because they carry firearms and prepared to shoot someone?

You cannot put the hat back in the bag when Nuclear tech is so widespread.

Think of this in one way, if the day comes when certain technologies make nuclear attacks ineffective expect massive wars to take place. Unless they invent something that could do more or equal amount of damage.

It works under the same thought that a if you know someone has a gun, your less likely to mess with them, take away that gun and your on equal terms.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
08-11-2009, 01:36 PM

Yea the world is about as likely to give up nukes as i am to give up my xbox 360.

The world will be rid of Nukes as soon as humanity gets rid of its war like nature. A lepord cant change its spots humans have always been good at killing each other.

My fear is as our technology increases so will the types of weapons of mass destruction we will create.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-11-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It is also stupid to disarm when others are building new ones.
Yes. So you see the problem? Or do you think other people should actually disarm first?

Someone has to be the bigger man, MMM.

If America really had good intentions as the "world leader", it should prove it.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…

Last edited by Tenchu : 08-11-2009 at 01:53 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-11-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
So in that line of thinking police (not trying to relate the US to police, but you should get what I mean) would be criminals because they carry firearms and prepared to shoot someone?
But police won't shoot children or just plain innocent people. There's a difference, a big difference.

There is nothing wrong with shooting and killing a known criminal. Killing innocent people... do I even have to say this?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-11-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Of Course the world will be nuke-free someday....after they'll invent something better.
LOL, this is just what I was thinking.

I'm betting on some kind of electrical pulse bomb which destroys every living thing with water in its body in a single blast, yet doesn't damage the enviroment or resources there... I mean, who wants to nuke an oil field? LOL