(#31 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
08-11-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post
The world will never be 'nuke free', because how are they going to dispose of the multi-million dollar warheads they have laying around?
I say send them into the sun.

Even if its just talking its better than someone pushing a damn button. I highly doubt we will see world peace in our lifetime but there is nothing wrong with having hope. Sometimes hope is all you need but there are times where you still need to be realistic.

(#32 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-12-2009, 04:55 AM

The only way nukes would be removed is when a more potent weapon replaces it. Hate to be the bearer of bad tideings, but that's how it is.

Haveing world peace and the like sounds nice, but it isn't practical because too many evil people want power. Some say those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. I don't think history repeats itself because no one learned anything, I think it keeps repeating because evil keeps trying to asert itself.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-03-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
All people who have nukes are prepared to mass murder. They're all criminals. Don't expect anyone to recieve your "world police" view too well. That's half the reason some countries want nukes to begin with...

Anyway, in this world, I don't think it'll happen. Not while everyone's still fighting for power and money. All countries with nukes have to become friends before anyone of them should be expected to disarm. This includes the US President shaking hands with Iran and N. Korea, yes.

It's stupid to expect others to disarm when you won't.

Not as stupid as throwing your gun away while your sworn enemy has a knife in his hand and is repeating over and over, "I want to kill you, I want to kill you," ignoring human nature, or indulging in some asinine, juvenile notion that if we all just hold hands the world's problems will go away.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-06-2009, 06:56 AM

The world is safer because of nukes, I know it sounds stupid but before nukes you had two massive WW's that killed over 100 million combined. While you have had alot of little wars and flare ups since then, we have had nothing like those old WW's because people are afraid to go "total war". No point trying to win a fight when nothing is left to win.