JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-14-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
well, I sure hope so.

but even then...
Somewhat of a joke.
She is rather annoying, thats off-topic though >.<

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#122 (permalink))
Old
BoyFromTheFuture (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to BoyFromTheFuture
08-14-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
They're just kids, and a reflection of the pool's "standards." A child of color, as a result, asked his mother, "Am I too dark to be here?" It's not something the 60-odd children could laugh off. They were hurt.

What do you think of the experiment with little black children who are given dolls - one black, one white - and who are asked, "Which do you think is prettier?" The result of the two experiments - one back in the 1960s, the other in a more recent time - shows a tragic mindset of the black children, as they pick the white doll. Is that something to be laughed off?

Racism leads to genocides. Think of the Sunday school children who were killed in a bombing, simply because they were black.

The Holocaust.

Darfur.

There are ethnic battles in China still today, ethic battles in which people are killed. Thankfully, in the USA - except for the various scatters of attacks - there isn't as much physical violence as there was once. These days, people in the USA are more focused on self-esteem and subtle racism. Racism needs to be smothered completely. If ignored and allowed to rise to the level it once was, then it WILL return to genocide.
I seriously hope you dont think that the world will have another Holocaust or genocide will ever rise again in developed countries.
And beauty is in the eye of the beholder , if the black kids chose the white doll , then they think its prettier. I think people should be honest to themselves more than anything.
Racism has been declining steeply in the past century , and it will continue to do that , hopefully til one day it doesnt exist , but unfortunately , theres nothing you and I could do about it to actually stop it.
IMO , lead by example , would be good , if more black people werent such shitcunts (sorry for my language) , less people would be racist. NOT TO SAY THAT THEY SHOULD BE RACIST IF A LOT OF THEM ARE INDEED IDIOTS , im just saying. oh and I'm black (just so i dont get unnecessarily flamed).
(#123 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 12:12 AM

I noticed you ignored this in one of my previous posts, if you responded then I apologize.

Do you support affirmative action?
(#124 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
well, I sure hope so.

but even then...
Thanks for standing up for me. I didn't really want to say anything, because that would probably just spur more flames and maybe start a flame war. x_x

Megabyte: A person can have a class on racial profiling and still be racist. I've had classes on racism all during high school and I still had internalized racism.

He initially refused to show his ID because it was his house. After that, though, he showed his ID and proved that it was his house. He was still arrested. Even handsome, sexy-ass, I-would-love-to-marry-him Mr. President said that the police officer involved "acted stupidly." So at this point, I finally have someone to agree with me! Even though he's not here, posting on this thread... unfortunately...

I don't know much about the Clint Eastwood/Spike Lee controversy, but I'm also kind of annoyed with the many movies and books by authors/filmmakers that - in your own words - don't know their own history.

LOVE: pass it on

Last edited by mercedesjin : 08-14-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: bold
(#125 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-14-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Thanks for standing up for me. I didn't really want to say anything, because that would probably just spur more flames and maybe start a flame war. x_x
Just doing that is setting up for a flame or two.
Honestly..your logic is ass-backwards.

(#126 (permalink))
Old
Tordek42 (Offline)
Absolute Corruption

Send a message via MSN to Tordek42 Send a message via Skype™ to Tordek42
08-14-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I still had internalized racism.
I think you mean HAVE...

Owner of:
(G) Chisato (PENICILLIN)
(D) HAYATO (Moi dix Mois)

(G) Ryu☆ (PureQ&A)
(B) Yu~ki (Malice Mizer)
(G) EITA (Jikuu Kaizoku SEVEN SEAS)
(V) Marshall K (
Jikuu Kaizoku SEVEN SEAS)

RIP hide, forever in our hearts...

(#127 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
I noticed you ignored this in one of my previous posts, if you responded then I apologize.

Do you support affirmative action?
Absolutely.

In the same way that I support disabled children having special education. The black population was largely disabled by racism. Many didn't and still don't have skills necessary to be seen at the same level of people who haven't had to deal with slavery, racism, etc. I absolutely support affirmative action.

Goodness, I have a feeling that you're going to say that it's unfair to white people. It's also a little unfair that white people haven't been slaves for generations and haven't lived in poverty for decades because of it.

(#128 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

08-14-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Absolutely.

In the same way that I support disabled children having special education. The black population was largely disabled by racism. Many didn't and still don't have skills necessary to be seen at the same level of people who haven't had to deal with slavery, racism, etc. I absolutely support affirmative action.

Goodness, I have a feeling that you're going to say that it's unfair to white people. It's also a little unfair that white people haven't been slaves for generations and haven't lived in poverty for decades because of it.
Didn't we just F*CKING go over this?

(#129 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordek42 View Post
I think you mean HAVE...
Yeah, exactly. Thanks.

BoyFromTheFuture: Why don't you think genocides can occur in "developed" countries? Why don't you think it's possible for the USA to become "undeveloped"?

The problem with that is that beauty is often brought by racist ideals. If a society is racist, then of course everyone is going to think one race is more beautiful. Unfortunately, that's at the cost of the the child's self-esteem. It was heartbreaking to watch these children say that they're not beautiful because they're not white.

Hopefully, there will be a day where racism doesn't exist. You and I could ignore it, but that doesn't change the fact that - today - parents are still teaching their children things like, "Blacks are inferior," or, "Whites are racist." We can ignore it, but it's still going to continue.

Might as well have these discussions and discourses, then, in order to try to stop racism. For example, it was only when I had a discussion about it that I realized I suffered from internalized racism, and that I became aware that I need to make a change. If I didn't have that discussion, then I might have taught my children something racist, and it would've continued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Didn't we just F*CKING go over this?
They weren't slaves for generations - certainly not as long as the slaves taken from Africa. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Last edited by Nyororin : 08-14-2009 at 03:58 PM.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
08-14-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
They weren't slaves for generations - certainly not as long as the slaves taken from Africa. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
do you want the whole world to apologize to you for what your ancestors went through? did in fact your ancestors go through it? what are you trying to prove saying that africans are the most hardcore of slaves? what's the whole point in your argument? what's the point in this thread?!?

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
Closed Thread