LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordek42 View Post
I absolutely agree with you on that. I think the fact that black people find these sort of terms offensive has made them offensive (if you understand what I mean).
So, do you think it's acceptable to be referred to as a "white man's slave?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
It's not pronounced the same way either. We pronounce it "neegrow", for them, it's more so like, "naygro"...sort of.
I've never taken Spanish, so I wouldn't know XD

LOVE: pass it on

Last edited by Nyororin : 08-14-2009 at 03:55 PM.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
08-13-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
*sigh* it doesn't actually mean white man slave unless you read in between the lines, WAYYYYY in between the lines

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
(#43 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
i fail to see how this supports your theory in how blacks are being destroyed in america...

-African-Americans numbered about 300 million in 2020, making up 100 Percent of the total U.S. population

i changed it a little... would this make you happy?! the origonal 12.8% of population is A HIGH PERCENT of any race. for every 100 people, there are about 13 african americans. so the other 87 will include all the races categorized in white, all the races categorized in asian, and all the races categorized as hispanic, and so on... how is that destroyed? because of the high numbers of african americans there will be a great number that are unemployed (like any race) and that are poor (like any race)
You have really, completely confused me. I just don't get what you're saying. At all.

Quote:
*sigh* it doesn't actually mean white man slave unless you read in between the lines, WAYYYYY in between the lines
And yet... that's what "nigger" means. How is that in between the lines? "Nigger" means white man's slave or white man's pet.

LOVE: pass it on

Last edited by Nyororin : 08-14-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Multipost
(#44 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

08-13-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tordek42 View Post
I absolutely agree with you on that. I think the fact that black people find these sort of terms offensive has made them offensive (if you understand what I mean).
Exactly. The more they care, the worst it gets.

EDIT:

Quote:
So you associate that term to an "white man's slave" or a "white man's pet"?
You are realy a funny person. And no, dont come with the "resembles slavery and torture and inferiority complexs the way its meant", because it doenst. As long as you think its that, and find it offensive, other races will ALWAYS use that term to you. Why? Because you find it offensive.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.

Last edited by JasonTakeshi : 08-13-2009 at 08:47 PM.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

08-13-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
i fail to see how this supports your theory in how blacks are being destroyed in america...

-African-Americans numbered about 300 million in 2020, making up 100 Percent of the total U.S. population

i changed it a little... would this make you happy?! the origonal 12.8% of population is A HIGH PERCENT of any race. for every 100 people, there are about 13 african americans. so the other 87 will include all the races categorized in white, all the races categorized in asian, and all the races categorized as hispanic, and so on... how is that destroyed? because of the high numbers of african americans there will be a great number that are unemployed (like any race) and that are poor (like any race)
you stated blacks were oppressed because of the low volume of people (which is not the case) and that they are poor (which is not always the case) and that they are victims of crime (which is not always the case, unless they choose to)

うんこ漏らした。

(#46 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
08-13-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
And yet... that's what "nigger" means. How is that in between the lines? "Nigger" means white man's slave or white man's pet.
Please, stop the double posting. It's getting on my nerves =\

Quote:
You have really, completely confused me. I just don't get what you're saying. At all.
I mean, is this really that hard?
(#47 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

08-13-2009, 08:43 PM

Nigger
Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive.
a. a black person.
b. a member of any dark-skinned people.

it does not mean white man's slave. if you choose to teach this to your children they will grow up to hate, i hope you do not teach them to read in between the lines.

うんこ漏らした。

(#48 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2009, 08:48 PM

In my opinion I dont take offense to just racial slurs. If I am walking down the street and someone makes a racial comment about me, I will take no offense. They dont know me, I wont let them offend me. To me its the same as someone trying to make fun of me. I usually dont take offense to it. I just always found it fascinating that certain words can carry so much weight. This goes for "vulgar words too". At some point these words were decided to be too vulgar to use in everyday life, or at least to society. In reality they are just words, made up of letters, just like all other words. I guess what I am trying to say is that when it comes down to it, how much these words affect people is up to the individual. To me words are words, in my mind they can be interchangeable. But I also know that not everyone thinks like I do, so I dont go around swearing all the time. Its up to society to decide how much weight words hold. Racial slurs are always a touchy subject becuase they hold such a negative connotation. If people take such offense to certain words I dont think they should be used.... at all, by anyone.

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2009, 08:54 PM

This is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but why is it that it is always the African Americans that pull the race card in the U.S.? You're not the only ethnicity that "suffers". Native Americans certainly don't have it easy, and nor do the Hispanics. Yet they never cry wolf as often as the African Americans now do.

I recall Spike Lee once using the word "negro" in reference to Africans Americans.

"nigger" is a word that will only offend as much as you allow it to.

Quote:
How old is slavery in the U.S.? I'm fairly certain it is no longer practiced. I never knew the "definition" of the word before now.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-13-2009, 08:58 PM

mercedesjin, none of the black people in the U.S. that I know of were taken from Africa. Their ancestors were maybe and some immigrated here, so how can you claim all black people are destroyed? Emmett Till was murdered by white people just for whistling at a white woman and it was a horrible thing. But white people are murdered by black people too for similar offenses, so what's your point?
So you have statistics on poverty, joblessness, etc., but all races have these same problems. The problem is everyone of these people can change their lives if they want to. No one wants to take responsibility for themselves and I often hear young black men saying that they feel they are owed something because of something that happened many years before any of us were born. Other young people are just as bad but use other reasons so this isn't just one race's problem. It is easy to blame others for your own shortcomings. Bill Cosby got a lot of flak for his speech to the NAACP , but sometimes the truth hurts.
American Rhetoric: Bill Cosby - Address at the NAACP's Commemoration of the 50th of Brown v. Board of Education

A lot of bad things have happened to many people but it is how you react to it that makes the difference.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
Closed Thread