LinkBack Thread Tools
(#231 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

08-14-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
In USA culture, "negro" is racist. The words "negroid", "mongloid", and "caucasian" are racist. The term "negroid" was used to define a race of people across the world, people who are inferior simply because of their physical characteristics. Same with "mongloid." "Caucasian" on the other hand... well, here's an article:

Caucasian is a Dirty Word.
Let me get this straight, if I'm in U.S. and somebody calls me a Caucasian (I'm white), then that person is a racist?
Can any native American here tell me if it's really true?
(#232 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Let me get this straight, if I'm in U.S. and somebody calls me a Caucasian (I'm white), then that person is a racist?
No, I don't think they're being racist. I think that they're being blissfully ignorant.

I'm all for knowledge is power, though. Let's leave "caucasian" behind in the history books, along with "nigger" and "negro" and all other ethnic slurs. The only way to do that is to spread the facts.

LOVE: pass it on
(#233 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 08:23 PM

The word racist, is racist.
(#234 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
08-14-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
No, I don't think they're being racist. I think that they're being blissfully ignorant.

I'm all for knowledge is power, though. Let's leave "caucasian" behind in the history books, along with "nigger" and "negro" and all other ethnic slurs. The only way to do that is to spread the facts.
YOUR RACIST BECAUSE YOU'VE IGNORED ALL OF MY POSTS AND I'M WHITE AND YOUR BLACK AND YOUR RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!
(#235 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Either you are a white Caucasian or not. And no they aren't a racist like some here want you to believe. I can understand your confusion. I'll just call you hakujin. Signed,your friendly neighborhood racist.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#236 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
YOUR RACIST BECAUSE YOU'VE IGNORED ALL OF MY POSTS AND I'M WHITE AND YOUR BLACK AND YOUR RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!
She is ignoring all posts that prove her wrong.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#237 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

08-14-2009, 08:29 PM

Just close this thread already >.<

(#238 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

08-14-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Either you are a white Caucasian or not. And no they aren't a racist like some here want you to believe. I can understand your confusion. I'll just call you hakujin. Signed,your friendly neighborhood racist.
I'm quite concerned on the flow of such information in JF, since more then half of members here are from 13-16, some might get confused, like me, and take it as the truth. For a sec. there I thought I overslept the news where they announced that the words Caucasian, Mongoloid, Negroid in U.S. are racist.
(#239 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-14-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
We already discussed it. I thought we reached a conclusion, but apparently I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not understanding the question, and you should try rewording it. Or, if you really are that fed up with me, then you can ignore me - but I'd like to understand what you're trying to tell me, and the point you want to make.
It was never addressed, but I just don't have it in me to type the question a fourth time.
(#240 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I'm quite concerned on the flow of such information in JF, since more then half of members here are from 13-16, some might get confused, like me, and take it as the truth. For a sec. there I thought I overslept the news where they announced that the words Caucasian, Mongoloid, Negroid in U.S. are racist.
If you read the article that I provided, then you can see that those words are racist - regardless of what the flamers/spammers on this thread say. People don't tend to know that, because it's something that's so deeply rooted in our society.

You can choose to make a change knowing this information or not. Like I told Megabyte, I don't negatively judge if you decide not to make that change. It's pretty difficult to do something like completely wipe out a word from your vocabulary.

LOVE: pass it on
Closed Thread