(#51 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-03-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minminRW View Post
Ronin4hire,
I have found you cannot discuss logically.

I had showed you below.
-The IWC scientific committee said that there was no problem in resuming commercial whaling.
-IWC is not appropriate committee for banning whaling. So Anti-whaling countries are exploiting a loophole.
-Japan is still under Western hegemony.(You said "American" but it is same for me.)
-Traditional whaling practiced by USA is crueller and more dangerous for nature than modern one.
Apart from the idea that Japan is under Western hegemony (You can't understand the difference between Western countries?... it's like saying China Korea and Japan are the same...)

I don't dispute any of these other facts you gave me... you're not listening though.

You forgot to add to the part I bolded...

- The IWC scientific committee said that there was no problem in resuming commercial whaling. As long as Japan hunts to specific quotas. I've already shown you evidence that Japan's whaling industry is heavily subsidised. Therefore I cannot trust the Japanese (or anybody) to adhere to the quotas when money is involved. It's as simple as that.

Furthermore Japan does not need to hunt whales.

Quote:
You have not answer below.
-The reason that Whales and dolphins are more intelligent than other mammals.
"Signs"you said are not found in official committees including IWC.
-The reason that Anti-whaling countries act in IWC instead of UNEP etc.
-The reason that you insist "traditional whaling" by USA is sustainable.
-Why Japanese modern whaling is not "Traditional".
-Why modern people must not eat whale meat.
These were answers to specific points you made. If you cannot make the connection then that is your problem with English perhaps.

Quote:
As for "territorial water"and "international water"
-"The Cove"movies are picked up dolphin hunting in Japan.(This is bloody but traditional.)
This may be main problem of this thread.
-Japan is still inhibited whaling even in Japanese territory.
-International water does not belong to any country. All countries have rights equally. Japan and other whaling country have the right of whaling under certain control.
I'm pretty sure that Japan is only prohibited to hunt whale commercially in it's own waters.

You are right.. all countries have rights. Japan has the right to be a part of any decision making process regarding the open ocean. Your problem is that you want Japan to have more rights than other countries.

Quote:
You said "We have the interest of the environment on our side. Your side just wants to make money."
Though I did not said about money in this discussion, you said that.
It indicates that you look down on Japanese as greed animal.
I said Anti-whaling NPOs are getting huge donation in the name of that.
I think your saying is just plain rude.

I have not said anything bad about Japanese people. The only thing I'm saying is that I don't trust commercial interests to respect the environment. It doesn't matter if it's Japan or Norway or USA. I feel the same way about other issues.

I'm studying Japanese language and I am going to Japan for exchange and I am really looking forward to it. I have many Japanese friends.

I have not said anything bad about Japanese people. You just twist my words so that you can pretend I am the "evil Westerner" and so you can ignore the things I'm saying.

Here are some friends and I
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10623_1200732933690_1089549918_2544630_1832188_n.jpg (62.7 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 09-03-2009 at 12:39 AM.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-03-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
I do not expect Anti-whale activist to change their mind.
But I don't know the unusual huge concentration towards Japan when it comes to whaling around the world. Honestly, the people criticizing whaling should concentrate more on over-fishing issues that hurts the whales more than hunting.

International issues regarding oceanic preservation is quite biased in many ways perhaps.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
minminRW (Offline)
JF Regular

09-03-2009, 03:49 AM

Ronin4hire,
I had learned you are unqualified to discuss evenly.
I will not answer you from now.

komitsuki,
I agree, there are many serious problems.
I heard recently some sharks are endangered because of their fins.
For many NPOs whales may be more precious than sharks because of different of donation.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

09-03-2009, 03:57 AM

I have actually eaten shark, so that doesn't bother me, it's waste that bothers me. IE cutting the shark fins off and throwing the rest away.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

09-03-2009, 05:31 AM

Quote:
komitsuki,
I agree, there are many serious problems.
I heard recently some sharks are endangered because of their fins.
For many NPOs whales may be more precious than sharks because of different of donation.
At least thank goodness that the shark issue is not hot enough in the west because the shark industry overall is limited to SE Asia and China. No sharks means economical devastation in that area and this particular area is very concerned about this for a long time.

Lesson of the day: All of the environmental issues on ocean should be dealt with KISS (Keep It Straight and Simple). That includes whaling along with the respected activities.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-03-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Ronin4hire,
I had learned you are unqualified to discuss evenly.
I will not answer you from now.
I'm unqualified?

How about being an undergraduate International relations student.

Your arguments are nothing but Japanese nationalistic propaganda.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
minminRW (Offline)
JF Regular

09-03-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I'm unqualified?

How about being an undergraduate International relations student.

Your arguments are nothing but Japanese nationalistic propaganda.
Ronin4hire,
This is my last advice to you.
You had better not post anymore.
The more you say something, the more they expose your rudeness, indiscretion, and dogmatizm.
Wise people will find which is right from the past posts.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
kMal (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to kMal
09-03-2009, 03:15 PM

Stop bitchin' on each other.

music reflects the soul of the man
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

09-03-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Ronin4hire,
This is my last advice to you.
You had better not post anymore.
The more you say something, the more they expose your rudeness, indiscretion, and dogmatizm.
Wise people will find which is right from the past posts.
I'm rude? You're the one who dismissed me as unqualified and have taken my arguments personally. Furthermore you're the one who implied I was a racist. I put it down to your English skills at first but it seems your English is not the problem, it's your perspective.

Indiscretion? You're the one who doesn't understand the difference between Western countries. You think all Western countries are the same and work together to control the world. How stupid.

Dogmatic? My belief that commercial interest should never be trusted when the environment or people's lives are threatened is a reasonable one and is well founded if you consider other examples. (The logging of rainforests in South America, or the oil companies in Angola who essentially funded the civil war there.)

This is my last advice to you... you should learn how to have an open and direct discussion without being offended. Furthermore you should learn how to discuss things within rational parameters.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 09-03-2009 at 11:35 PM.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
kMal (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to kMal
09-04-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I'm rude? You're the one who dismissed me as unqualified and have taken my arguments personally. Furthermore you're the one who implied I was a racist. I put it down to your English skills at first but it seems your English is not the problem, it's your perspective.

Indiscretion? You're the one who doesn't understand the difference between Western countries. You think all Western countries are the same and work together to control the world. How stupid.

Dogmatic? My belief that commercial interest should never be trusted when the environment or people's lives are threatened is a reasonable one and is well founded if you consider other examples. (The logging of rainforests in South America, or the oil companies in Angola who essentially funded the civil war there.)

This is my last advice to you... you should learn how to have an open and direct discussion without being offended. Furthermore you should learn how to discuss things within rational parameters.
I agree with Ronin.
You should open yourself up a bit for other people's point of view.

music reflects the soul of the man