JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
The SAT (Scholastic Assessment Thingy) - 08-25-2009, 09:21 PM

So, upon one very late and sleepless night, I finally signed myself up for the Scholastic Assessment Thingy; a full year and a half after I graduated high school. It was a rather spontaneous decision, on my part, void of any comprehensible logic beyond the fact that I was merely bored out of my bloody mind at that moment. So anyway~ judging by my personal comprehension of Scholastic related material, I guestimate (lOl) that I'll probably score anywhere between 1500-1900. Admittedly, it's not a very high score, and at current (after the thought considerations) I have absolutely no intention of studying for it because I am wondering exactly how I'll do with no preparation what so ever =P

In any case~ Just to make a point out of all this~ firstly, to those who have taken the Scholastic Assessment Thing-a-ma-bob, how did you score? Compared to how well you expected your score to be? Your personal opinions as to how accurate of an assessment it is to your scholarly knowledge?

Secondly, to those that aspire to take the Scholastic Assessment Thing-a-ma-jig, are you currently preparing for it? Do you have any expectations of what your score might be? If so~ please relate any and all relevant information into this thread so that it might survive past a couple pages or so =P

Hmm... I think I might actually go to college after this thing is over xDD

OH and btw, my test is supposed to be on the 10th of Oct. o.o'

P.S.

ACT = Fail =P
but if you have intentions of taking that one....
by all means >.>''' if anyone cares....
relate that.... if anyone cares
=P

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
Talking The SAT!! - 08-25-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post
So, upon one very late and sleepless night, I finally signed myself up for the Scholastic Assessment Thingy; a full year and a half after I graduated high school. It was a rather spontaneous decision, on my part, void of any comprehensible logic beyond the fact that I was merely bored out of my bloody mind at that moment. So anyway~ judging by my personal comprehension of Scholastic related material, I guestimate (lOl) that I'll probably score anywhere between 1500-1900. Admittedly, it's not a very high score, and at current (after the thought considerations) I have absolutely no intention of studying for it because I am wondering exactly how I'll do with no preparation what so ever =P

In any case~ Just to make a point out of all this~ firstly, to those who have taken the Scholastic Assessment Thing-a-ma-bob, how did you score? Compared to how well you expected your score to be? Your personal opinions as to how accurate of an assessment it is to your scholarly knowledge?

Secondly, to those that aspire to take the Scholastic Assessment Thing-a-ma-jig, are you currently preparing for it? Do you have any expectations of what your score might be? If so~ please relate any and all relevant information into this thread so that it might survive past a couple pages or so =P

Hmm... I think I might actually go to college after this thing is over xDD

OH and btw, my test is supposed to be on the 10th of Oct. o.o'

P.S.

ACT = Fail =P
but if you have intentions of taking that one....
by all means >.>''' if anyone cares....
relate that.... if anyone cares
=P
Well up here in New York, it's mandatory that you take it during your junior year. When i took it, I expected to get at least between 1200-1500, but my score was about a 1390. I felt so stupid when i found out my score. I guess I got that score because of the math. I am NOT good at math. I couldn't solve an algebraic equation to save my life. LMFAO. I wish that they would get rid of the damn test. I hate it. It's so much unnecessary stress.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
08-25-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
Well up here in New York, it's mandatory that you take it during your junior year. When i took it, I expected to get at least between 1200-1500, but my score was about a 1390. I felt so stupid when i found out my score. I guess I got that score because of the math. I am NOT good at math. I couldn't solve an algebraic equation to save my life. LMFAO. I wish that they would get rid of the damn test. I hate it. It's so much unnecessary stress.
lmao... XD
i'm honestly not stressing about it at all
i'm more approaching it w/ a curiousity xD
and much less a burning passion to ace it
=P

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-25-2009, 09:51 PM

Are you talking about the Scholastic Aptitude Test?

It is made up of two parts, English and Math. Each part is worth up to 800 points allowing a maximum score of 1600. A 1390 would be considered an excellent score. A 1900 isn't possible.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-25-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuujirou View Post
lmao... XD
i'm honestly not stressing about it at all
i'm more approaching it w/ a curiousity xD
and much less a burning passion to ace it
=P
That's a good attitude to have!! LMAO. *Pets your hair*
(#6 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
08-25-2009, 09:53 PM

I plan on taking it, and right now, I plan on preparing for it as much as I can. I want to get into a particular college, and it happens to be out of state, and I happen to be broke, so scholarship money is prefered =\
(#7 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-25-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

It is made up of two parts, English and Math. Each part is worth up to 800 points allowing a maximum score of 1600. A 1390 would be considered an excellent score. A 1900 isn't possible.
Thanks, MMM. You're so sweet. I thought that it was a bad score to get.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-25-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
Thanks, MMM. You're so sweet. I thought that it was a bad score to get.
For someone who got such a high score, I am surprised you don't know what the score means. Didn't anyone tell you that you did well?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-25-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
I plan on taking it, and right now, I plan on preparing for it as much as I can. I want to get into a particular college, and it happens to be out of state, and I happen to be broke, so scholarship money is prefered =\
Do your best!! And Good luck. My advice: brush up on your weaknesses. It'll help you out tremendously.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
08-25-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

I think he is...and a 1900 isn't possible, on the 1600 scale, but now they're using a 2400 point scale, where a 1900 is very possible ^__^