LinkBack Thread Tools
(#151 (permalink))
Old
wasabijuice (Offline)
JF Regular

total recount - 09-20-2009, 10:39 AM

Required reading,

Putin's preferred memory of World War II | The Japan Times Online

Putin summarizes his understanding of the scale of the war by recalling the loss of "27 million lives of my compatriots." That number has grown over the years, as Soviet officials broadened the definition of wartime deaths to mean total "population loss," rather than direct military casualties. Official estimates of Soviet deaths in World War II thus rose from 7 million (the figure put forth under Joseph Stalin) to 20 million (Khrushchev) to 26.6 million (Gorbachev), with civilian deaths accounting for at least two-thirds of Putin's estimate.

Unfortunately, Putin does not explain whom he counts as his compatriots. If he meant those who lived within Russia's contemporary borders, the number would have been much lower. Instead, he includes all citizens of the Soviet Union who died during the war, including millions of Ukrainians, Belarusians, and others. And, when the Soviet Union annexed the Baltic countries and parts of Poland, Finland, Moldova and Japan, their citizens, too, became Soviet compatriots.
(#152 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-20-2009, 08:42 PM

It also sounds like he's inclueding the 7 million Jews butchered by Germany. Eventually it will be everyone killed dureing the war period. It's like that ever exspanding fish, you know..the one the fisherman caught that was so big, how it keeps getting bigger everytime he talks about it.
(#153 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

09-22-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
First of all, LOLOLOL!!!!!

Second, it wouldn't matter if you were 20 feet tall with battle axes for hands and laserbeam eyes if you are as determined as it seems to lay down before bad people. That's fine for you, but it is not fine to demand it of others.

You exist at the pleasure of others and if you are not made someone's lunch it will just be a matter of luck.

Good luck.
No. I hunt down and beat the fuck out of those who piss me off. I've done it before and have no objection to doing it again and again and again.

You're just calling me weak because I won't kill innocent people. But that is my strength; it's what seperates me from evil people.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…

Last edited by Tenchu : 09-22-2009 at 12:21 PM.
(#154 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

overcompensation in action - 09-22-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
No. I hunt down and beat the fuck out of those who piss me off. I've done it before and have no objection to doing it again and again and again.

LOLOLolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(#155 (permalink))
Old
AlexReal (Offline)
JF Regular

09-23-2009, 10:11 AM

Here discuss other subject!!!!! And where a moderator who watches dialogue?
(#156 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-24-2009, 02:03 AM

Ironically, it's easy to see how wars get started, just by reading the threads on various boards.