JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Bronchitis Home Remedies? - 09-25-2009, 12:50 AM

I'm 95% sure I've developed bronchitis for a second time this year [5% thinks this is a kick a$$ sinus infection, but those usually don't affect your lungs]. I've put off going to a doctor for four miserable days hoping it would clear up [so I wouldn't waste money on nothing], but the symptoms ended up fluctuating [one day I'm on top of the world the next I'm basically having an asthma attack] so I decided before I developed pneumonia I'd see a doctor.

I've been doing some research online about some home remedies that will help me sleep tonight since I've been up for the past four days coughing my lung up or wheezing and mostly all of them say to take a hot shower and drink warm tea, or in one case eat cayenne pepper . Well that's all swell and dandy but it doesn't work for me, I get maybe five minutes of relief and I'm back wheezing at square one.

Since bronchitis is common, I was curious if anyone had any relief tips that will help me sleep tonight until I can get to a doctor tomorrow [and that will help until the medication kicks in], that you've tried yourself. Not something a anonymous website claims works. Warm showers and tea don't work very well as I've said and I was wondering if anyone else had anything else.

Thanks

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#2 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-25-2009, 12:59 AM

Get a hot (nearly boiling) pot of water, drop some Vicks Vapo-rub or some mint in there, set it on your lap (with a towel protecting you from the bottom of the pot) and drape a large towel over you and the water.

Breathe deep, drink hot honey water, and spring the $3.00 for some throat spray.

Or, if you're old enough, alcohol with always help you sleep -- and it could kill infection within your throat.