JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Who's Your Hero? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/27622-whos-your-hero.html)

Tenchu 09-09-2009 04:01 AM

Who's Your Hero?

What's up, other members of democratic nations,

I made this thread for people who respect free speech only (so everyone else please leave now). So no complaining about other people's views if they say someone is a willy, or he wasn't what history thinks he was, or you got an idea for a better Hero for that style of category; take it like a man and get over it and no complaining on my thread (if you can't take the criticism, don't part take in my thread).

Please provide links or pictures of any Hero you list!

The Hero can be anyone you like, but you have to explain why he kicks ass.

Here's one:

Attilla the Hun

Attila the Hun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's cool because he was ruthless and didn't take BS. He was also smart; always thinking ahead 2 steps, instead of often falling for Roman tricks to try and bring out his savage side, but that would mess him up later on.

He ended up bribing the Romans for gold, but the Romans were smart too. Attila took too long, and eventually the Roman Army returned from their campaigns elsewhere, and, outnumbered, Atila was defeated trying to take the high ground of a battlefield.

Koir 09-09-2009 04:03 AM

Starting a thread again that was previously closed.

Good going. *golf clap*

Tenchu 09-09-2009 04:04 AM

There was nothing wrong with the last thread. It was the over sensative dicks that ruined it. The thread was fine in concept, and I want to keep it going.

TheCrimson 09-09-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchu (Post 769671)
There was nothing wrong with the last thread. It was the over sensative dicks that ruined it. The thread was fine in concept, and I want to keep it going.

oh how i hate over sensitive dicks :) this forum is a great place to find them though! :)

my hero(es)
Till Lindemann.
because he's a real man :)

Kate Winslet
cause she's a real woman :)

doesn't she just put a smile on your face?

and.
Kratos.
cause. that's what my fiance would look/be like if he were a videogame :P

and you didnt say it had to be real human or in history?

joeyj 09-09-2009 05:47 AM

Till Lindemann is a bad A

Tenchu 09-09-2009 05:50 AM

Well, it won't be closed if people don't start crying when people don't like their Hero. There is nothing wrong with the theme of this thread in itself, only the people who use it.

Anyway, Kate Winslet, I think I just downloaded a movie with her in it. Enemy at the Gates? She's in that right?

Yeah, this thread is more open than the last, because no one listened to the rules of the last one, anyway, so why bother put them up again?

Post anyone, just please give a discription, link or pic or something.

John Lennon is a dick.

komitsuki 09-09-2009 09:02 AM

Ji Xianlin, AKA greatest Chinese liberal arts scholar. Passed away this year.

Roh Mu Hyeon, ex-president of South Korea who was the least corrupted of any other South Korean presidents. Too bad he committed suicide. But there's an ongoing rumor that it was a homicide under the current pro-American "regime".

Confucius, greatest social scientist in today's term.

Tenchu 09-09-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 769714)
Roh Mu Hyeon, ex-president of South Korea who was the least corrupted of any other South Korean presidents.

"Least corrupted" does not sound very good... so he was still corrupt just a little?

noodle 09-09-2009 09:36 AM

My hero is Tenchu because he's the biggest willy ever!:cool:

Ronin4hire 09-09-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 769714)

Confucius, greatest social scientist in today's term.

Umm... he was a philosopher not a social scientist.

Rhode 09-09-2009 10:16 AM

I only have two :

1 Stan Leee

why? cuz spiderman was my hero when i was a 10. i enjoyed so much his art:rheart: and i was happy and it made me happy when i was sad, just reading them:)

2 Vali
one of my best friends. always there for me:) (no pic)

komitsuki 09-09-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 769737)
Umm... he was a philosopher not a social scientist.

Haven't I told you that you should never respond to my posts?

But he indeed was the main architect of East Asian society.

Ronin4hire 09-09-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 769739)
Haven't I told you that you should never respond to my posts?

But he indeed was the main architect of East Asian society.

Why? Because you I constantly trip you up?

Don't be such a baby...

I'm just saying he wasn't a social scientist that's all... no need for your oversensitive ass to go crying to the mods this time.

For him to be a social scientist he would have had to have studied things such as psychology, anthropology, sociology etc. (i.e. fields which study aspects of society using scientific methods)

You should really thank me... after all I just taught you yet ANOTHER lesson.

komitsuki 09-09-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 769740)
Why? Because you I constantly trip you up?

No. It's because you're a degrading person to a lot of people here.

Quote:

Don't be such a baby...
Don't be such an arrogant douche instead.

Quote:

You should really thank me... after all I just taught you yet ANOTHER lesson.
A lesson that is worth ignoring. Why are you taking this serious? You always pick up a lot of fights, don't you think?

Ronin4hire 09-09-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 769741)
Don't be such a douche instead.

Says the guy who got all bitchy because I taught you a lesson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 769741)
A lesson that is worth ignoring. Why are you taking this serious?

A lesson worth ignoring? I'm not sure Confuscious who is your idol apparently would be very proud of you for having such an attitude. Are you sure he's your hero? Have you actually studied the stuff he says? Or do you just idolise him "becoz hez Azn"?

komitsuki 09-09-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 769743)
Says the guy who got all bitchy because I taught you a lesson.

Says the guy who has offended so many members here. Got temporarily banned several times because of this.

Remember what Nyororin said to you: Ronin, I really hate to bring out somewhat "personal" stuff like this... But I assure you, you take the cake for number of people offended and upset about your posts.
In the past 2 months or so, I`ve gotten one complaint about Tenchu... And close to 30 about you. Mostly for flaming and language...

Quote:

Have you actually studied the stuff he says?
I actually did. Remember I posted 三綱五倫 in the last post... yeah.

Quote:

Or do you just idolise him "becoz hez Azn"?
I love your utter ignorance.

iPhantom 09-09-2009 10:54 AM

I hate to admit but Ronin is right this time. You can't say he is your hero if you don't know him well.

You sound like those kids who say 'This is my favorite band' and they know only 1-2 songs.

komitsuki 09-09-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 769746)
I hate to admit but Ronin is right this time. You can't say he is your hero if you don't know him well.

You sound like those kids who say 'This is my favorite band' and they know only 1-2 songs.

Other than I grew up in a very conservative Confucian household, your point is not valid.

iPhantom 09-09-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 769749)
Other than I grew up in a very conservative Confucian household, your point is not valid.

I see you don't have the same definition of 'valid' as the rest of the world.

Tenchu 09-09-2009 10:59 AM

Come on guys, don't let this thread fu*k itself so fast. Attack the Hero, not the person.

Everyone knows about Ronin's problems, there's no need to rub it in.

Ronin4hire 09-09-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 769745)
Says the guy who has offended so many members here. Got temporarily banned several times because of this.

Remember what Nyororin said to you: Ronin, I really hate to bring out somewhat "personal" stuff like this... But I assure you, you take the cake for number of people offended and upset about your posts.
In the past 2 months or so, I`ve gotten one complaint about Tenchu... And close to 30 about you. Mostly for flaming and language...

I love it how you think I care what others think of me. If I'm the flame then you're a Californian forest in the summer. I started this thread with a little suggestion that's all... stop crying like a little bitch.

Quote:

I actually did. Remember I posted 三綱五倫 in the last post... yeah.

Wow you've missed the point haven't you... but I'll play along.

One line means you've studied the guy? Wow f*ck me! I guess I know how to speak Swahili, Spanish and French. After all I can say Jambo, Hola and Bonjour..

Quote:

I love your utter ignorance.

Haha... says the guy who missed the joke...

komitsuki 09-09-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 769750)
I see you don't have the same definition of 'valid' as the rest of the world.

And a lot of people have different definitions of 'hero' as well.

komitsuki 09-09-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 769752)
I love it how you think I care what others think of me. If I'm the flame then you're a Californian forest in the summer. I started this thread with a little suggestion that's all... stop crying like a little bitch.

Now you call me a little bitch? Touche.

That proves that you are a self-righteous a**hole who don't care what others think of you.

I love how you still don't learn your lesson. You're in a huge internet community, don't act offendingly self-righteous.

Quote:

Haha... says the guy who missed the joke...
You see why I can't take you seriously? Joke, you say? I'll assume that what you said to me in this thread is a joke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchu (Post 769751)
Everyone knows about Ronin's problems, there's no need to rub it in.

Everybody knows that this guy is a horrible person.

noodle 09-09-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 769740)
For him to be a social scientist he would have had to have studied things such as psychology, anthropology, sociology etc. (i.e. fields which study aspects of society using scientific methods)

You're just quoting definitions now. Do you ever try to go beyond the definitions you have to learn for you University exams?
You do realise that Confucius was a philosopher in many areas? Inculding Social, Political and Education. For someone to be a philosopher, they would have to study and observe whatever they philosophise about!!! Confucius was a Social Scientist!!!!!!!

Next thing you're gonna say is that Newton wasn't really a Physicist because he didn't "study" physics, he invented it. hahaa!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 769746)

Dude, what are you on? Only the other day, you said you were a half muslim. wtf, is a half muslim? I can't believe you have the cheek to tell someone they don't know what they're talking about when you think a half muslim exists!!!!

I'm pretty sure you don't even know anything about Confucius, so how would you even know who's right out of Ronin and Komitsuki?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Tenchu 09-09-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 769755)
Everybody knows that this guy is a horrible person.

Well, I've met a lot worse.

Ronin4hire 09-09-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

That proves that you are a self-righteous a**hole who don't care what others think of you.

I'll take that as a compliment :D

Quote:

I love how you still don't learn your lesson. You're in a huge internet community, don't act offendingly self-righteous.

Either I'm missing something.. or internet communities are the PERFECT place to get away with such behaviour.

Quote:

You see why I can't take you seriously? Joke, you say? I'll assume that what you said to me in this thread is a joke.

Waah waah waah.

Tenchu 09-09-2009 11:19 AM

This guy's cool:

Josef Mengele

Dr. Josef Mengele (16 March 1911 – 7 February 1979) was a German SS officer and a physician in the Nazi concentration camp Auschwitz-Birkenau. He held two earned doctorates, one in anthropology from Munich University and one in medicine from Frankfurt University. He gained notoriety for being one of the SS physicians who supervised the selection of arriving transports of prisoners, determining who was to be killed and who was to become a forced laborer, and for performing human experiments on camp inmates, amongst whom Mengele was known as the Angel of Death.

In 1940, he was placed in the reserve medical corps, following which he served with the 5th SS Panzergrenadier Division Wiking. In 1942, he was wounded at the Russian front and was pronounced medically unfit for combat, and was then promoted to the rank of SS-Hauptsturmführer (Captain). After the war, he became one of the most hunted of Nazi war criminals.

Josef Mengele - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

komitsuki 09-09-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 769760)
I'll take that as a compliment :D

Well thank you for admitting that, Mr. I-am-a-self-righteous-a**hole-who-do-not-care-what-others-think-of-me.

Thank you for politely degrading yourself to everyone here. :D

Quote:

Either I'm missing something.. or internet communities are the PERFECT place to get away with such behaviour.
No, people just avoid you like a bubonic plague.

Quote:

Waah waah waah.
Awww...... Don't be such a baby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchu (Post 769759)
Well, I've met a lot worse.

I see.

Ronin4hire 09-09-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 769758)
You're just quoting definitions now. Do you ever try to go beyond the definitions you have to learn for you University exams?
You do realise that Confucius was a philosopher in many areas? Inculding Social, Political and Education. For someone to be a philosopher, they would have to study and observe whatever they philosophise about!!! Confucius was a Social Scientist!!!!!!!

Next thing you're gonna say is that Newton wasn't really a Physicist because he didn't "study" physics, he invented it. hahaa!!!!!!

Um.. unless you're going to tell me Confucious invented sociology and founded the social sciences then you fail miserably with that analogy. (Actually you'd fail miserably if you did tell me that...)

Nice try noodle... but you'll have to wait another day to get one up on me.

I'm just too damn smart for you :D

Keep lurking these threads though! I'm sure you're time will come! がんばって!

Ronin4hire 09-09-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 769764)
Well thank you for admitting that, Mr. I-am-a-self-righteous-a**hole-who-do-not-care-what-others-think-of-me.

Thank you for politely degrading yourself to everyone here. :D

You're welcome dipsh*t who gets butthurt over a simple correction/suggestion and who holds a grudge over what happens in other threads :D

Keep studying Confuscious though! He says a lot of smart things that you might benefit from!

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 769764)
 No, people just avoid you like a bubonic plague.

Speak for yourself. Since I've joined I've made 2 Japanese friends and 2 Australian ones whom I now contact outside of JF.

komitsuki 09-09-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 769768)
You're welcome dipsh*t who gets butthurt over a simple correction/suggestion and who holds a grudge over what happens in other threads :D

How cute, Mr. I-have-to-comment-on-this-guy-but-I-ignore-his-previous-request-even-though-I-will-harass-him-like-crazy.

Quote:

Keep studying Confuscious though! He says a lot of smart things that you might benefit from!
He's at least not as douche-y as that guy called Ronin4hire. He's a great role model for me, unlike you.

Quote:

Speak for yourself. Since I've joined I've made 2 Japanese friends and 2 Australian ones whom I now contact outside of JF.
And you are popular among my "fob-ish" Chinese friends because you made a lot of funny and controversial comments I posted outside of JF. Oh yes, just for the sake of privacy, I deleted your monkier, Ronin4hire, and other remarks related to JF when I post them.

iPhantom 09-09-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 769758)
Dude, what are you on? Only the other day, you said you were a half muslim. wtf, is a half muslim? I can't believe you have the cheek to tell someone they don't know what they're talking about when you think a half muslim exists!!!!

Half Muslim, my father is Orthodox and my mother is muslim. Unlike other shitty countries, nobody cares about the religion of others here. We don't practice it at all, but we know the Quran and the Bible.

Seems you need to research a bit more. Haven't you heard a million times by the media how Obama is half muslim?

P.S.: I know what confucionists are.

noodle 09-09-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 769765)
Um.. unless you're going to tell me Confucious invented sociology and founded the social sciences then you fail miserably with that analogy. (Actually you'd fail miserably if you did tell me that...)

Nice try noodle... but you'll have to wait another day to get one up on me.

I'm just too damn smart for you :D

Keep lurking these threads though! I'm sure you're time will come! がんばって!

hahaha... wow dude... You call yourself smart? lol. It's pretty hilarious actually. A self claimed genius of the web! Love it!!!!
What analogy am I trying to use exactly? Do you really thing Physics didn't exist before the 17th Century? Wow man, I can't believe you took what I said to mean that, you sure are in a league of your own to think that Newton founded Physics!!!!!!! Here's a bit of advice for you, don't bother writing anything on a forum when you don't know what you're talking about! haha!

Trying to get one up on you ey? Dude, I don't even need to try! I just pointed you in the direction to check how Confucius was a social scientist, and you turn around and tell me you're smarter than me! Good on ya ;)

noodle 09-09-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 769772)
Half Muslim, my father is Orthodox and my mother is muslim. Unlike other shitty countries, nobody cares about the religion of others here. We don't practice it at all, but we know the Quran and the Bible.

Seems you need to research a bit more. Haven't you heard a million times by the media how Obama is half muslim?

P.S.: I know what confucionists are.

MUSLIM IS NOT A RACE/ETHNICITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: To stay on topic... is there a word in English for someone that you look up to so that you don't become like him? Kinda like a Hero, but anti-Hero! If there is, then I have ONE!!

Ronin4hire 09-09-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 769773)
hahaha... wow dude... You call yourself smart? lol. It's pretty hilarious actually. A self claimed genius of the web! Love it!!!!
What analogy am I trying to use exactly? Do you really thing Physics didn't exist before the 17th Century? Wow man, I can't believe you took what I said to mean that, you sure are in a league of your own to think that Newton founded Physics!!!!!!! Here's a bit of advice for you, don't bother writing anything on a forum when you don't know what you're talking about! haha!

Trying to get one up on you ey? Dude, I don't even need to try! I just pointed you in the direction to check how Confucius was a social scientist, and you turn around and tell me you're smarter than me! Good on ya ;)

Oh my god... read what you wrote... then read what I wrote...

then come back to me with a proper reply...

komitsuki 09-09-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 769773)

All of the smart people in history don't say "I'm smart(er than you)" arrogantly.

To tell you the truth, my another hero (respecting Tenchu's thread) is actually.... Ronin4hire!

[wouldn't bother putting his pic]

He shows us how to be a terrible intellectual. And he eventually shows us how not to debate or act like a retard (that's his favorite word regarding me).

Quote:

I just pointed you in the direction to check how Confucius was a social scientist, and you turn around and tell me you're smarter than me! Good on ya
His another example from another thread would be:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 769390)
Instead how about you tell me how Obama is supposedly a socialist... and I'll blow you and your argument out of the water by explaining to you how he isn't. Sounds fun doesn't it?

Yeah... I don't know what to say about this.

Ronin4hire 09-09-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by komitsuki (Post 769776)
All of the smart people in history don't say "I'm smart(er than you)" arrogantly.

To tell you the truth, my another hero (respecting Tenchu's thread) is actually.... Ronin4hire!

[wouldn't bother putting his pic]

He shows us how to be a terrible intellectual. And he eventually shows us how not to debate or act like a retard (that's his favorite word regarding me).

His another example from another thread would be:

Yeah... I don't know what to say about this.

Hahaha!

This exchanged stopped being intellectual since I corrected you. Since then it's just you getting all butthurt about me correcting you...

It's funny how you think this is intellectual though... good on you! Gotta start somewhere I guess...

Though here's a tip... when having an intellectual discussion... try to stay relevant.

noodle 09-09-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 769775)
Oh my god... read what you wrote... then read what I wrote...

then come back to me with a proper reply...

Awww, you're trying to give me the advice I always give you? Sorry, it won't work...

In your words;

Nice try Ronin... but you'll have to wait another day to get one up on me

komitsuki 09-09-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 769779)
Though here's a tip... when having an intellectual discussion... try to stay relevant.

Does that mean you should stop acting like... um, how would you say... retard?

Like you said before:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 766104)
I usually only insult people in addition to the point I'm trying to make.

You do know how to treat others without respect.

komitsuki 09-09-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 769780)
Awww, you're trying to give me the advice I always give you? Sorry, it won't work...

In your words;

Nice try Ronin... but you'll have to wait another day to get one up on me

Forget about him. He's acting like a baby (another favorite word of his).